South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Funneling into Friday, SBD Chat for 7/18

Am I first? There's coffee! Plenty of Paul's for all!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Cottage!! I was waiting for someone else to go first!!

Same old, same old here today- and I like it! Sunny weather, outside work, picking a few veggies, in other words: summer vacation. No complaints from me!

Just Colombian from BJs today, but I have plenty.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You are! Thanks for starting us up. I do have some kind of Starbucks this AM, it's not as bitter as their regular blend. Bottoms up!

I almost convinced myself not to get up on my walk/run, but I did. It felt mostly good, but I better take tomorrow morning off, since my body isn't used to this anymore! A tech at work had said the other day she runs every day, so I asked her about it....4:30 am, every day, 8-10 miles!! Inconceivable!! (love Princess bride....)

Today is same ole, same ole. I did get this bizarre cleaning bug last night, and cleaned out the refrigerator. How bizarre.

I need to start using up my zucchini.....
Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just finishing up my first mug but there will be another. Hey! We're past the middle of the month. Summer goes way too fast.

We got another big rain late yesterday. I was on my way home from town and actually had to pull off the road - so did a lot of other cars so I wasn't just being a wimp. The wipers just could not keep up.

Had the pre-fair board meeting last night and have volunteers to help put up the schoolwork today and tomorrow mornings. Gotta "git er done" since the midway will be rolling in Sunday night.

I love to see the Fairgrounds empty at sunset Sunday and then packed on Monday morning. The crew usually take Monday as a relaxing day since they've just closed a fair in a neighbouring town but Tuesday will be "clank, clank" as they assemble the rides. The crew are usually just fine but I still remember to keep things locked up and put away just in case.

I went dog-shopping yesterday since I know Jazz still misses Disney and it's time. Minnie is an 11-pound terrier mix with a really goofy look about her. She's a bit skittish but that may be because she's been kenneled with big, loud rescue dogs. Not sure what training she's had but she does know sit. Jazz and I go for a "family meeting" Sunday morning and we'll go from there. (Not a great picture from their website but I'll post it anyhow.)

Time to get into my work clothes and pack up some coffee making supplies to take to the Fair Hall. I will be so delighted if I can get that schoolwork display done this morning but there is one heck of a lot of it. We display all the work and it fills the whole long wall in the exhibition Hall.

Happy Friday to us all and let's hope it doesn't rain today for a change. I need to do some gardening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Minnie.jpg (3.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #5  

Ah, I see everyone is awake now. Good morning!

Beth, I'm glad you're enjoying the idyllic days of summer. They are meant for easy living!

Tammy, I used to get out there every morning at 5am and walk 5 miles, I did it faithfully for almost 2 years, and I really don't know why I stopped. I did enjoy it. Ah, zucchini! I've eaten it every day this past week and finally got down to just one left in the fridge, and Jake brings up 2 more from the garden last night. I love the stuff, but I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Ruth, good luck with Minnie, and I hope she's a good fit for your little family. She reminds me a little of both Disney & Jazz, mixed together! I hope all the rain is out of there so you can have a nice week for the fair.

The stone truck was just here and dumped 3 tons of gravel in the driveway. The pavers get delivered tomorrow morning. And so the new sidewalk and porch construction begins!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-18-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OMG Ruth, she's adorable!! I love those goofy looking terrier dogs. (just look at mine...)
Old 07-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #7  

Karen, I just checked out that zucchini lasagna recipe you posted, and that's what's for dinner today.

I want to make Sophie's zucchini soup one day soon, too.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Karen, I just checked out that zucchini lasagna recipe you posted, and that's what's for dinner today.
Linda - I hope you like it as much as I did. It might have even been better the next day, like most lasagna dishes.

Yesterday was crazy busy for me. Had my annual allergy doc appointment.

DH and I finally pulled the trigger and booked (only) the international flights for our trip to Ecuador/Galapagos in January. (Won't bore you with details but it was complicated and took us a long time. Got to use my mom's FF miles for one ticket. Woo hoo.) Now we need to figure out details for the extra week we've added before the cruise.

I finally got word from my dad's adoption agency. Had a very fascinating conversation and learned a lot about the circumstances.

Today I work out with my mom and trainer but will only be doing upper body and abs until I see the physical therapist Monday about my hip. I'm back to work tonight with the closing shift.

Have a great day.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am in full blown vacation planning mode. I couldn't handle not having hotel reservations so I have planned and now I have all but two dates. We are actually going to be staying with friends one night in Maine they are at a campsite by a lake and said they had plenty of space that will be a fun stop.

Cottage hope the constructions goes quickly

Tywnn 8 to 10 miles I don't think I will every make my way to that many miles

Ruth she looks adorable I hope the family visit works out

Beth enjoy summer!

Karen yeah for booking your flights.

I am wfh today so need to get last few niggles done before vacay but will really need to stay focused.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

What a cute pup, Ruth! I hope the family meeting goes well!

I'm just sneaking in a quick hello before we head to the pool. I didn't get over here until 6pm but the asphalt is done!

Pearlrose, so excited for your vacation! Do you leave tomorrow or Saturday?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chicks

Ruth Minnie is a cutie!!! Loved her silly expression. Hope the family meeting went well.

Tammy if I had someone to walk with in the morning maybe I would be motivated. My pillow and I are hard to separate lol

Pearlrose have a wonderful vacation

Linda I really enjoyed the zucchini lasagna

Talk about sweet, I emailed my friend Neely who is in the Chapter I ride with. Wanted to tell her about the great bargains at the farm stand I love (very close to her home) Well today we did the Wounded Warrior ride together in Babylon. Miss Neely the sweetheart she is brought me veggies from Holmquest. She has such a big heart.

The ride was absolutely perfect. Last year temps were in the upper 90's. We did not have a good turn out, but the WWP knew we were split between the ride and the funeral in NJ. Glad I chose to ride. The funeral was attended by thousands so I don't believe we were missed.

Well time to relax and call it a day
Old 07-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Debbie we do not leave until Monday morning. DD2 has swim conference tomorrow and end of year swim team party Sunday and DD1 had to work Sunday night.

Jekel that is so sweet of your friend
Closed Thread