South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 08:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default BEACH DAILY, THURSDAY, July 24th

My goodness... am I the first one up!?
Good morning darlings!

Had to go out to dinner last night. To a PASTA HOUSE!!! I thought, "That's it... I'm screwed..."
However, I had the most incredible salad! Spinach, pine nuts, poached pears, chicken, prosciutto, onion, and an incredible dressing. Oh, it was wicked. And I refused the bread, but had one glass of mediocre red wine. THAT was a waste of carbs!

I'm very anxious today. My Dad is scheduled to have a triple bypass in August, and he has to see the surgeon today. It's just been discovered that he's severely anemic, and will have to have the occasional blood transfusion for the rest of his life. I'm just so afraid that the surgeon will tell Dad that he's not able to have the surgery. It would just kill him to have to continue being inactive the way he's had to be over the last six months.
Any prayers/good vibes would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you, girls.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-24-2003, 08:11 AM   #2  

Oh, and Kim... I hope all goes well for you today with your little one. Hugs and prayers...
Old 07-24-2003, 08:29 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Good Morning Ellis and other Beachers

Sorry to hear of your Dad's health problems, my prayers are cretainly with you. That salad sounds DELISH! Wish I had one right now. hehehe

It's another gray day here in Connecticut. I didn't do to bad ( or to good ) yesterday. Kinda mezz a mezz. I guess that's the way it goes. And by the grace of G*D today is a brand new day.

Have a wonderful day and remember you are worth it!
Old 07-24-2003, 08:37 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick good morning.

I am off to pick up mega-bucks this morning and then will be finished that part of my major Fair job! I screwed up badly yesterday on food (see my Journal for the gory details) but today is a brand new day again and I'm feeling strong!

Ellis, my good vibes and prayers are on your way for your Dad. And where did you go for that incredible salad?

Sflake, isn't it great that we get a brand new day so often? I love being able to start anew and be strong.

Kim, your poor wee tyke! I hope things can be fixed without major distress. Please be sure to report in after the doc appointment.

at the rest of the Beach Babes! I'm out the door!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #5  

Smile Day 4

Good Morning Chicksters!!!

Ellis, I'm sending prayers and good vibes to you and your dad.
Sorry to hear about his health problems. My dad had quadruple by pass a couple of years ago and is doing great (he went in to have a hernia operation and ended up with the by pass...) I'm sure he'll do just fine..

I'm starting day 4
So far, so good...I've been resisting temptation, although it hasn't been too bad. I did almost take a peanut butter cracker that my bf was making, but I stopped myself and remembered it's not on the plan...PHEWWWWW....
I've also been to the gym 3 times this week, just weights though...gotta start with getting some cardio in.

I'm hoping by next week I'll be out of the 200's....that would really make me push even harder. Seems like I can always get to about 197, then I lose interest. I'm really really excited about this diet and I hope that I have the willpower to keep it up...

Wow...I'm babblin....
Have a great day chicks...I'll be here all day...(I'm addicted!!!)

Di
Old 07-24-2003, 09:28 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning, good morning

OK, ladies. Today is a new day and we are ALL going to stay OP We can do it

Ellis~~~My prayers are with you and your dad. I don't know the exact reason why he is anemic but they should be able to boost him up with a transfusion and iron prior to surgery. With alot of the surgical blood loss they will re-transfuse back into him. Then I'm sure that they will closly monitor his blood values post-op. I know thay he will feel sooooo much better after his bypass. It's amazing how different he'll feel when his blood and oxygen is freely flowing through his body

Bobo~~~Good luck today with your little one. Nothing hurts as much as seeing your child in pain I will keep you both in my prayers.

Ruth~~You will get back to normal once the fair is over and ALL the concession food is not there to tempt you. I would think that the smells alone could add weight. You're strong, you can do it.

How are all the newbies doing?

I'm staying OP but still need extra effort to drink enough water.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #7  
Mous

First post in this forum.

Have a nice day.
Lady
Old 07-24-2003, 09:43 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sflake~~~Today you are another day stronger. each day will get easier than the last and before you know it, it will all be habit.

Diana~~~ONDERLAND, here you come I'm soooo proud of you resisting those PB crackers. Each time that happens you get stronger

WELCOME to Lady Windsong
Old 07-24-2003, 09:43 AM   #9  

Thank you so much SFlake, Ruth, Didi and Sil. You are wonderful women.
Didi, I'm glad the operation went well for your Dad.
And Sil, you've greatly relieved my mind... thank you.

Lady Windsong, welcome to the Beach!

Ruth, it was on Elgin. And Lisgar, I think. Something something... you know the place.
Hey, you're journaling again!?

Listen to Sil!! We are going to have a good day, girls! Water, planned snacks, and how about a little exercise, huh? Come on... even a ten minute walk will get your heart pumping and your muscles working!!

love and hugs to all...
Old 07-24-2003, 09:50 AM   #10  
Mous

Thank you for the welcome.

I am on Day 11 and last week I lost 5.5 pounds without the book.

I finally got the book and have read all of it up to the recipes.

On days 2 & 3 I had headaches, but am happy to say they are gone.

Can't wait to learn more about thihs way of life and you.

Lady
Old 07-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #11  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning everyone!

Ellis, sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you Dad. It's so scary when a family member is sick. I hope all goes well for him.

And Ellis, that salad you had last night sounds yummy! Good for you for not taking the bread.

sflake, don't worry about yesterday, today is a new day.

Ruth, sounds like you're a busy lady!! Remember to take time for yourself too.

Didi, you and I started at about the same time...today is day 6 for me. It's fun to be able to talk to someone who is on the same "level" that I am. Sounds like you are doing great.

2BFIT1, I know what you mean about the water, it's a struggle for me too. I know once it becomes a habit it will be easier for me, but I have not reached that point yet.

Lady Windsong, Welcome! I'm new here myself, started last Saturday, and I have to say that you've found the best board in cyberspace! The ladies that post here are extremely supportive and helpful.

Thank you to everyone who patted me on the back yesterday! And thanks for the support and advice, you ladies are awesome!!

Have a great day!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #12  
cranky & determined

Hi Chicks!

I'm back from the gym and only have one gym day left before I leave! Time is zipping and I have lots to get done, so I'll make this quick.

Ellis You are in my thoughts and prayers (and your Dear Dad, of course!) Also sending positive vibes your way. That slad sounds great!

Kim Sending positive vibes your way as well. Hope all goes great today.

Windsong Welcome to the Beach!

Ruthie - you're a whirlwind of activity! I'm rooting for you planting yourself firmly back on the beach BTW, where IS your journal?

Sil I hear you about the water - whenever I get to drink a glass each time I'm in the kitchen, those are the days I get all the water in!...glug glug glug

All the other Chicks: Let's make this a great day on the Beach!

Talk to y'all later, after I get some stuff taken care of!

Last edited by operadog; 07-24-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:24 AM   #13  

all of you guys are awesome...I am thinking of those of you who need it...I love you guys!!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #14  

Thank you TwoDog and Anna! You're dears.

Whimsey, we love you, too!
Old 07-24-2003, 02:08 PM   #15  

Thumbs down Day 8

Hi Babes

Ellis...My prayers are going out to your Dad! That must be scarry.
That salad does sound sooo good. I love prosciutto ham, I'll have to try that in a salad instead of fettaccini carbanara!

Di...So glad to hear your Dad is doing well and GOOOD going on the pb crackers. I so do not want any crap to go into my new bod!

Kim...It breaks my heart to see my babies hurt! Good luck with her Dr. appt.

Ruth...What would you be eating if you were not on SBD? I bet it's not as bad. The fair should be over soon I hope!

LadyWindsong...Welcome the the Beach!!!

2dogmom...You are so... right, the Lady's here are very supportive and helpful!!!

I hope I haven't missed anyone, but have a great day on the Beach

Closed Thread