South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 12:09 AM   #1  

Default south beach & sugar busters is there a diff?

HI..was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me.......what is the difference in sbd and sugar busters? im on sugar
busters and ordered the sbd book for a change.........i was on adkins before that and felt horrible and only lost 3 pds in 3 weeks......have done much better on sb but south beach and sb lookes almost identical? can anyone tell me?........thanks sonya
Old 07-24-2003, 08:07 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi TN-Gal~~
I'm not very familar with SB so I'm sure that somebody who is will answer you soon. I can tell you that with the south beach diet you will not only be looking at your sugar/GI index but you will be limiting wheat and starchy carbs in the first 2 weeks. This diet also looks at healthy fats and carbs . It's not a high fat/low carb like Atkins and it's not filled with sugar-free foods either. It is definately different that any other diet out there and it is also one that you can continue with for a lifetime. When you get your book, it will explain everything. And don't forget that we are always here to help answer questions.

I hope to see you on the SBD threads
Old 07-24-2003, 08:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hello TN-Girl!
I don't know about the differences either, but I LOVE South Beach. No counting!!
And like Sil said, this is a plan for life.
Come and join us!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:06 AM   #4  

Hi TN-Gal,

I am no expert on either plan, but I did read up on both before I chose South Beach. Sugar Busters made sense and seemed sound, but the big difference I saw was South Beach=simplicity. I too spent several months on Atkins, and did not wish to switch from counting one thing to another. I started South Beach Diet this week, and I love it. To me it is the best of both worlds.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:35 AM   #5  

thanks so much for all the replys......i feel like i will have TONS of support here on this board.......i will be getting my book soon, and i will give it a try.........thanks again.........ur answers were all appreicated very much
sonya
Old 07-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #6  

hi, if you need anymore info go to www.prevention.com and there is some there. maybe answer some of your questions on it. LaDean
Closed Thread