South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 06:27 AM   #1  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down Beach Babes Daily, Tuessday, July 22

GOOD MORRRNING RUTHIE and all the other Gorgeous Beach Chicks!

I'm up early, counting down to the vacation - four more gym days -

I got flax seeds to use in the ricotta dessert/treat instead of nuts and it works well, is still yummy and saves on the nut usage! Thanks for the tip... I have a question though - should I be grinding them?

Snuck a peek at the scale this a.m. and Im down a # I am a happy Beach Chick!

Haven't had coffee yet, or taken Max out for his morning piddle - will check back in with y'all later - after the gym

Have a glorious day on the Beach Chicks!

Last edited by operadog; 07-22-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:32 AM   #2  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning Operadog, I see I'm not the only one up early this morning! Good morning to all you other Beach Babes also.

From what I've heard about flax seeds, you do need to grind them, otherwise they pass through your system exactly the same way they go in. Congratulations on your loss!

Thank you everyone for all of the advice and comments about eating breakfast. I will do my best to get into the breakfast eating habit, I may need to start with small ones until my body gets used to it. This morning as I'm checking in I'm having a little low fat cottage cheese and a cup of V8 juice.

Well, I did something that I know I'm not supposed to do yet....I stepped on the scale. I just could not resist, I just had to see. And, since Saturday I have lost 3 pounds! Three pounds in three days....is that really possible?? I'm so excited, and this really gives me motivation to keep going!!

I sat in a meeting yesterday where there was a big basket of assorted chocolate candy in the middle of the table, with everyone around me helping themselves. The smell of chocolate was tempting, but not so tempting that I let myself indulge. I was able to ignore it fairly easily, so I do believe what you ladies were saying about getting to a point where cravings will be all gone, they are on their way out already.

Well, need to get going, have to go in to work early. Everyone have a Wonderful Day!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Quick Good Morning!

Yesterday was NOT a good carb day for me! I know exactly where things went wrong - in the bakery part of our Market where I sampled one of Baker Betty's new muffin recipes. (It WAS good!) Then I decided on an on-the-road hot dog while I was collecting Fair money. This was followed by some very fresh red licorice and then by two apple pastries leftover from the morning's judging! Sugar and flour - my trigger foods obviously. And then Harry nixed my boiled ham dinner idea and made this incredible dish called Djuvek - lamb and potatoes! Oy! I did appreciate his cooking dinner but ....

Today will be better as I am practically a contortionist from kicking my own butt!

Flax seeds in the ricotta dessert is a great idea! However, they must be ground so that you can digest the Omega-3 in them. Remember that the seeds, whole or ground, should be kept in the fridge. I can hardly wait to try it.

Yesterday was a pretty disastrous day at the Fair. I console myself by remembering that we will have cleared up all the problems before we open Thursday morning. I won't whine about them here - that's why we have journals!

Havea super Tuesday on the Beach, Babes. It's raining here but I'm going to stay under my umbrella.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:31 AM   #4  

DH is still reading the SBD book. He only reads a bit at night as his eyes are tired. He stares at a computer monitor all day, so I guess they are! He was shocked at the glycemic index! I'm gradually filling the freezer and refrigerator with foods that we will have when we start.
All the barn cat mamas are bringing their babies up to the house for food now. They're just darling. Last night I had the window open and I could hear a funny sound. DH had set the trap for raccoons (they are an ongoing problem). DH went and looked and there was some strange half-grown gray cat in it. He opened the door and it shot out of there like a bullet. No raccoons last night....hate them...they're just hairy rats IMHO.
So...am going to check another forum and get some chores done....!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:36 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Good Morning All

I'm with you Ruth, red licorice was my slip up yesterday that and the regular popsicle I had. Otherwise I was with the program. The licorice was poor planning on my part ( no good snacks at work) and the pop was my after dinner sweet. I am low on cash this week but plan to do major healthy shopping this friday (payday). Not a big fan of the ricotta desserts, maybe I did something wrong. I think I will have to get some sf pops. Oh well, I think I did good considering what I nornally used to eat. I am finding it helpful to keep re-reading parts of the book. I am new and in the beginning it is alot of info to absorb, I find that I missed alot of valueable info. the first time around.

Thanks for listening and have a sparkling day!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:14 AM   #6  

sflake...I am with you on the riacotta (I think it is nasty) That surprises me, I usually love everything. Going to my women's club luncheon today..I almost dread it...I just hope they have food I can eat and I hope I can stay out of the bad stuff...
Old 07-22-2003, 10:42 AM   #7  

Smile Day 2 for me!!

Well, I started yesterday and all went well...

I feel lighter already...

Just had my breakfast:
v-8 juice
coffee black
2 eggs

Looking forward to the next few days...and hopefully a few pounds less...

Have a great day everyone!!

Di
Old 07-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!!

Excuse me for not greeting you all individually. I just got back from a workout at the gym with my Mom and sister, and I'm sweaty and HUNGRY! (no breakfast yet!)
Must have coffee...

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #9  

Good morning All! Tried to get on earlier but couldn't. Have to get outside things done here in Fl. before the heat gets up and the daily thunder boomers start. The rumblings have begun already- earlier than usual. Anna & 2Dog- kudo's on the sheddings!
sflake- I lived and slept with the book when I started! I've probably read it 5 X's and I always get something new from it. Certain things are still confusing- I don't think I'll ever get the bread or GI vrs GL part straight in my head! Di! You made it through day 1! I can already imagine your posts next week! Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!
Blew it yesterday with popcorn at the movies (took the kids to see "Johnny English") at least I told them NOT to put the "butter" on!! Just was feeling sorry for myself. Food never actually makes that feel better, you'd think I'd have learned that by now!!!

Di-GOOD GOING!!

Laked-Think I'll read it again too!!

"HI!" to all the rest of you! I need to drive DS16 over to my parents so must keep this short today!
Old 07-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #11  

I had 3 bites of peach cobbler at the luncheon today... Everything else was OP...except the cucumber salad tased like it might have had a little sugar in it maybe...or the cukes were just real fresh and sweet. Anyway....I feel like I should put my finger down my throat!! (ya'll know the feeling?)
Old 07-22-2003, 04:06 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Whimsey-Yes, I DO know the feeling, unfortunately!! Been there done THAT too!! I don't know how strongly you get those urges, but fight them. 3 bites of peach cobbler are NOT that big a deal, and won't hurt you as much as throwing up in the long run. xxoo
Old 07-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #13  

Default Long days, what do I do

Good afternoon beach babes,

This is my sixth day and OP!

DH leaves for work by 3 and comes home by 1:15 am. I'm doing great so far and have no interest in bad carbs or fat. My problem is I have my dessert by10 pm., but by 1:15 I'm getting hungry. I'm up by10 am, so it's a long day and that's the only time I get hungry. Could I have sf jello or something?

I've never cooked so well in my life, I love this program and know it's going to be difficult to go to Phase II. I have slimmed down in 6 days. DH started SBD on Sunday and he lost 4 lbs in 1 day! He definitely has almost lost all his beer belly already. He looks sexy! Of course we started WW mid April and he lost thirty lbs.in two month, but he stahled the last month on it, and could not loose that belly. After 4 days and he's a new man!

Sorry, I could go on and on! Thanks for all your help

Barb
Old 07-22-2003, 05:27 PM   #14  
cranky & determined

Hi Barb,

You guys are doing great! Isn't it maddening how quickly men lose weight?

Anyway, I think SF Jello is just fine - we're allowed 75 cals worth of SF snacks daily on P1... I think that's a LOT of SF Jello!

I'm also a fan of hummus for a snack - I like it with thinly sliced cuke circles - I made the recipe from the book and it's been great - try it. "D

Hope this helps - I'm sure some of the other Chicks will come up with more answers/suggestions for you!

Leep up the great work on the Beach!
Old 07-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #15  

Default Hummus

Thank you for your info operadog!

I bought store bought Hummus, do not have a clue what it tastes like. I just know it is made of chickpeas, not my fav but willing to try. Maybe with the seasonings in it, plus it has black olives in it.

I've been putting sf jello in Dh's lunch because he has a gap between snack after lunch and dinner. Hope that makes sence.

Barb
Closed Thread