South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:30 AM   #1  
In Control: E+R=O

Default Question about the Ricotta Creme desserts

The recipes for these look so good, but I'm kind of scared to try them, because I'm afraid they will trigger my cravings for sweets! Do they taste sweet, like a dessert? This is only my second day, and I'm still trying to get past the cravings. I'm a true sugar addict, and one taste of something sweet really puts me over the edge and I end up out of control (I can eat an amazing amount of peanut M&Ms in one sitting ) I do know that if I do try one of these, I will not be able to have the one with the choc chips.....but the almond and the lemon ones sound wonderful to me.

For you veteran SBD'ers, what is your experience with these? Should I wait for a few days until I have my cravings better under control?

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 07-20-2003, 01:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm the same 2dogs, but they don't trigger me off. At the most I might double the portion for the day, but that's NO big deal!

They're sweet, but not too much so. It's not unlike cheesecake. Eat it with a small spoon and savour it slowly.
And I don't put the chocolate chips on mine. I'm afraid I'll go overboard. They're really not necessary.

(I'm a former Bridge Mixture eater. Or chocolate covered raisins. Or M&M's. The entire bag at once, of course!)
Old 07-20-2003, 01:31 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been eating the ricotta thing since Day 1 - it is not too sweet at all. As Ellis, said, it's like a cheescake and best eaten with a small spoon. My Dh oves it too!
When you hit Phase 2, try the lemon one with blueberries!
Old 07-20-2003, 04:31 PM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Or the vanilla one with strawberries!!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 05:07 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

MMMM...I just discovered this treat yesterday, and it is great. Just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth. I have always loved cheesecake and ellis is right, it is much like that. I don't find it triggers anything, just sort of calms the urge. Like you, I am new--just on day3.

I can't wait to add blueberries or strawberries or raspberries...

I also like the sugar free, fat free fudgesciles. They hit the spot when the chocolate monster is calling.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'9"

Chocolate Ricotta Creme (it will get you past the cravings)

16-24 oz Ricotta Cheese
8 oz Cottage Cheese
3-4 tablespoons Fat Free Half-n-Half
3-5 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
sweeten to taste with equal (splenda) whatever sweetener you use
handful of mini chocolate chips

Blend all of this in a large food processor until creamy. Put mixture back into Ricotta cheese containers and store. (Stores WELL for days).

My husband loves this, because he was one of those late night Ben/Jerry's Ice Cream eater...and now he can pull out the container of chocolate ricotta creme...have 2-3 bites...and he's good to go.

We are both on our 13th day and we have both lost 11 pounds each!!
Old 07-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Thanks for all of the responses. I went shopping today and bought some ricotta and some fresh lemons, and I think I'm going to have the lemon ricotta this evening! I love cheesecake, so I know I will love these desserts. The ideas about adding the fresh fruit sound great....when I get to Phase 2 I will definitely try them.

Rotobabe, first, congratulations on your tremendous start!! I'm very impressed, I hope I do as well. Your recipe sounds delicious, I will try that a little later down the road (when I can trust myself with the chocolate chips).

Healthyeater, is that a picture of your kitty? He (she) is beautiful.
Closed Thread