South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Finally Friday Beach Chat 3/28

It's Friday folks! AND, the last one in March...bring on beautiful April flowers!!

I have work today...my review at lunch , and then DS has a birthday party tonight that I have to prepare for. DD gets a friend too, just to keep her out of trouble . And it's a sleepover...so hopefully they'll sleep well.

DS opted for tacos (he initially asked for my crack slaw/stir fry, and I laughed and told him to pick something that other people like more, but I was proud!), which is great for me too.

Anyone with exciting plans?
Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So nice to see the end of March - I think I can struggle through the last four days. Our melt starts today when we go to 45ºF! Hmmm - crack slaw. You just solved my supper problem and I have all the ingredients for a change.

Finished Barb's tax return with her late yesterday afternoon and then we sat at the kitchen table for tea. She noticed my chicken/grape salad in the fridge and I offered her a taste. She loved it so I offered it to her. Never thought she'd accept but she did! Too funny but that'll teach me. I ended up with a Smart Ones frozen dinner from my freezer stash.

Donna comes this morning - early, I hope. We will probably tackle the "hoarders" stuff at the bottom of the cellar stairs since the furnace maintenance dude comes on Monday for the annual maintenance. I have a bad habit of just pitching boxes down the steps to be broken down later but later seldom comes. My Dad used to say "Procrastination is the thief of time". I must sort out the quilting fabrics too.

Time to crank up TGIF! No meetings tonight so I may get a chance to at least start the book that will be discussed at Book Club tomorrow night. It's "The Chaperone" and I've not managed more than reading the cover.

Have a happy day.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! I have a conference to attend today and so have a few extra minutes this morning. Of course, I've pretty much managed to fill them with niggles, but such is life.

Tammy, you're a good mom throwing a sleepover! I wasn't always so generous...

Ruth, we're supposed to get warmish rain today and so will probably also get some melt. Amazing how warm 40* feels at this time of year!! But the snow is so compressed and icy I think it will take quite a while to thaw.

Well, I need to get going- my extra time is disappearing and I need to get something to eat.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Tammy! Have fun tonight....I'm laughing that DS requested crack slaw!

Beth, hope your conference is interesting! Nice to see you in the AM although I always read the posts from later chicks.

Ruth, chicken/grape salad sounds yummy! I hope you get to finish up a few projects.

I got up early (and so did our Granddaughter). Kirk showed up later but has gone back to bed. I've been trying to organize a bit...we have the bedroom all cleaned out for vinyl so there is stuff everywhere. I have managed to make things liveable this morning. Kirks off to a seminar and I'm going to try and figure out this linoleum....cutting to size is not a fun task. I'd love to get to the pool but would rather finish this project more.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Been crazy busy morning at work. This afternoon they are doing surgery on DD2 nose and then we are leaving for Florida. I told DH we can just drive til we are tired and stop. Normally we make it to my sisters in Atlanta and stop there but don't think we will make 8 hours of driving.

Enjoy the last weekend of March
Old 03-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #6  

Happy Friday

I am feeling this AM and am glad I just have computer work before my pouring today Planning to see Mark afterward and no other plans this weekend except work. What an exciting life I lead.

Twynn...You're a nice mom hosting a sleepover. Let's hope they do sleep

Beth...Nice to see you in the AM.

Ruth...Hope you get to start your book.

Lexxis...Good luck on the flooring project.

Pearl..Safe travels.

Everyone else TGIF

Sue
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm late to the party but it's still morning! I don't know how it happened, but the past few mornings have been really chaotic around here and I can't seem to find time to post.

This morning I wanted to get the livingroom carpet shampooed before I had to take the machine back to the store, so Jake and I started on that as soon as everyone was out the door at 7am. The carpet looks great, but we've decided we're going to do the entire downstairs with Pergo flooring as soon as we can afford it.

So we got the shampooer back to the store before the 24 hour rental was up, did banking, grocery shopping, and paid the sewer/trash bill, and now I'm putting up my feet until lunchtime, then after that I have to run over to Dad's. I have laundry to do when I get back, and I still have to clean the house. I'm wondering why it's called "a day off".

Tammy, we all must have crackslaw on the brain since I also bought the makings for it today. I hope DS's birthday party goes well and the kids settle down to sleep at a decent hour!

Ruth, that's funny that Barb took you up on that offer! How is is the jaw healing coming along?

Beth,I hope you enjoy your conference today!

Debbie, good luck on your floor project!

Pearlrose, I'm sending good thoughts that DD's nose surgery is a breeze and that she's comfortable and well enough to travel. Have a safe trip and enjoyable trip!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

it's our last full day at the beach and the weather is perfect. We are about to head out for a low tide beach walk. Happy Friday
Old 03-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Greetings from my son's in Bethlehem, PA.

Tammy - I waved!

We had an easy drive our first day except unexpected car issues. There are now pieces literally held together by zip ties and duct tape. Found some of DH's ancestral graves yesterday and enjoyed our detour to Morgantown. All 3 restaurants I targeted in advance have been great picks. DH and DS are off the hardware store for special light bulbs to put into the bathroom fan/light; DS has been waiting for his dad's help to figure out how to replace and it took them a lot of struggles to get down. I'm going to enjoy the quiet and put my feet up and read my Kindle.
Closed Thread