South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/288/ 200

Height: 5'11

Default talk me off the ledge lol

here's what i ate this weekend
sat-
bf-smoothy with pb, plain nf yogurt coconutmilk
lunch-chicken salad-with refried beans(no lard)
dinner-pesto chicken with roasted asparugus
dessert- Two-Ingredient Sugar-Free Raspberry Yogurt Pie Recipe for a Phase One Dessert
sunday-
2 eggs
lunch-pintobean soup with porkloin pico degallo and 1/2 avocado
dinner-same
dessert-same as saturday

GAINED almost 2lbs from when i weighed in saturday morning. here's where i think i went wrong-the dessert. i ate the entire portion in 2 days- 32oz of greek yogurt in 2 days. Can we agree? i also didnt get a workout in and prob didnt drink enough water. thoughts?
graciesdad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #2  

forgot to add-
didn't have the avocado for dinner yesterday
and had plain porkrinds-prob 8 of them saturday.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Don't weigh yourself every day! If you must then you have to remember that weight fluctuates naturally for a variety of reasons so use an average.

Scales lie!
SBD discussion on how often to weigh.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

So I had held onto four pairs of beautiful jeans that I had worn 115 pounds ago. They were expensive and beautiful and I decided a long time ago that I would fit back into them. Three months ago I tried them on again and still couldn't button them up. About a month ago I decided to try once more and every single pair fit! That was without any movement on the scale!!!!

In the past few weeks the scale finally moved bringing me to my original goal weight. I've always found since I started South Beach that the scale isn't everything. I weigh myself every day because I want to see the normal fluctuations .... I've been doing this long enough that those fluctuations especially when they're up don't freak me out.

Stay the course I don't believe it's about eating a little too much of this for little too much of that..... It's just the normal fluctuation that you see.

Hang in there!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #5  

Thanks to everyone. I had been weighing everyday as i had incredible momentum, like losing 1.5 lbs aday. I was minus 15lbs saturday morning, which was 10days in phase 1. i bet the gain was due to all the beans i had over the weekend and the stall from not being quite digested yet. Nonetheless-15lbs or more after phase 1 is pretty good. i'll lay off weighing everyday.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

A few of us compulsive types continue to weigh everyday but realize our weight is always in a range. My weight fluctuates about 3 pounds over the course of a month, but if the range moves upward I know I need to be more diligent.

Keep on being OP and it will go back down.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

I have the same problem when I eat beans. I usually try to have them for lunch because if I have them at dinner time, my weight will go up between 1 and 3lbs.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote