The first weekend in March!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. I actually remembered to say that to the dogs this morning. March is in like a lion which is supposed to be a good thing. It's also St. Davids Day, the patron Saint of Wales. My Dh was Welsh and I used to sing him "Men of Harlech" first thing on this day.

Did you read Beth's slightly puzzling comment yesterday? We missed wishing her Happy Birthday! Let's try to remember that the next time we have a Feb. 29! Hope your day was fun, Beth.

Disney seemed perkier this morning and met me at the kitchen door. Nice improvement from the past week when I've had to lift her off her bed to go out for potty. I'll keep an eye on her over the weekend and see how she is Monday. She had chicken and rice for supper last night and may have been expecting a repeat for breakfast.

Not sure what the day will bring - except snow, of course! - but I do hope to get some tidying done upstairs. I still have Christmas stuff on the bed in Linda's room - extra gifts that I must list and stash away. I might even get a bit of mending done. after I tidy the quilting room. I realize I've not made a quilt top for a long time but refuse to start one while mending and alterations are hanging out.

More coffee and a browse through the news. Happy weekend!
  • I saw Beth's comment, but didn't connect it. Happy Birthday Beth!

Glad Disney is feeling a wee bit better. I can't help myself Ruth, what pain meds is she on? Linda's room....LOL. She needs to visit more often

Looks like we're going to get slammed tomorrow and Monday with snow (12" or more). My boss has already asked me to cover for her Monday and appts are starting to cancel. I do have to work today, but hopefully it will be boring. I have to make treats for a church pot luck tomorrow, and start cleaning for our trip. We have someone staying here, and her mom is a cleaning freak!

That darned farmer's almanic is right, it's a long cold winter. And March is certainly coming in like a lion!
  • Twynn, no pain meds because she doesn't seem in pain. She's on Metacam and glucosamine. We may do a blood panel (?) on Tuesday to see what's going on.
  • I saw Beth's comment, too, and thought she was just referring to leap year. I can be so clueless at times! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Beth! and I hope it was a good one!

Ruth, I'm so relieved that Miss Disney is feeling better and acting more like herself this morning! I hope she continues to do well. Did Donna ever show up yesterday, BTW?

Tammy, Did your DH get off on his trip OK, and did DD go with him? I hope this storm doesn't interfere in any way!

I've been trying to ignore all the reports of the impending storm, hoping it would just fizzle out, but it sounds like it's a sure thing. We're supposed to get slammed, starting tomorrow evening, and I'm trying to decide whether I want to pack my bags and go out to the farm before the storm hits and stay there for the duration, or wait it out at home. I think I'll wait til tomorrow before making a decision, but it's good to know I have the options.

Today I want to go to Barnes & Noble to look for a birthday present for Audrey, then to Michael's for some paint pens for writing on glass. I thought it would be fun to design my own wine glasses, since I don't really like drinking out of stemmed glasses. Supper will be something made with cauliflower, possibly cauliflower crust pizza.

Have a great day, everyone, and didn't it feel good to turn over a new page on the calendar this morning?
  • Good morning, chicks and thanks for the well wishes! I wondered who would figure out my riddle. It's a somewhat unusual thing; I've only known 1 or 2 other people that share my day.

Ruth, I'm glad Disney is a bit better today. It is such a tough thing to go through. And I'm with you on cleaning up the last bit of Christmas; now that we are looking at Ash Wednesday I guess I should take the wreath down.

Tammy, hope the forecast is wrong! Right now we are looking at just a couple inches of new snow but lots of cold. Hope your family has safe travels.

Cottage, I am thinking spaghetti squash pizza tonight. I have some sauce and a sausage left over from trying those noodles earlier this week.

Other than that, laundry is started and I need to plan menus and shop. And clean. And attend to all those other normal weekend niggles.

Anyone need some coffee?

ETA: Cottage, I have one of those desk blotter style calendars at work and by the end of the month it is always so messy I LOVE tearing it off and getting a clean page. Mine almost always has a coffee ring or two!!
  • The storm is supposed to hit here starting this evening. I've only seen one forecast this morning - 5-9 inches of snow. Bitter cold temps.

I've got no plans today. Tomorrow I's scheduled to work in the afternoon so part of me hopes it snows enough that the store is closed and I don't have to go in! Since I live on a cul-de-sac, we get plowed last.

I might get out of shoveling since I have self-diagnosed my hand pain as tendonitis. I finally got a brace that seems to hit the right area. From my online research, an ortho would recommend a brace for 6 weeks so my goal is to wear it as much as I can and only see a real doctor if things don't improve.

Double batch of split pea soup for dinner and leftovers. Yum.
  • Hey everyone!

My youngest daughter Sarah has a soccer game today and my husband is in College Station at an archery tournament, so we're here chillin'.

Bout to get my coffee!

Have a great day, ladies!
  • Hello Everyone,

March is definitely coming in like a lion here. Lots of downpours and high winds. I have a tax appointment this morning in a town 40mins away so, will have to get an early start on account of the weather. There is a nice outlet mall near there & I'm half tempted to stop on the way home to stop and look for sneakers. That's it for me today.

Happy Birthday Beth!!

I totally missed your comment and thought you were just referring to leap year.

Ruth glad Disney is feeling better.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Sue
  • Good morning It's a total relaxation weekend around here. No one is working this weekend because our bill passed the Senate. We've been trying to do that for 4 years so everyone is enjoying a breather before we gear up for the House. Tim and I are off to see the Dr. Seuss hat exhibit. I can't wait!

Ruth - Glad Disney is comfortable. Hope that is a good sign. Give her an extra chin scritch for me

Twynn - Finally you are getting snow and we aren't (so far). You will like it a lot more than I would

Cottage - I am glad to see the back of February. It really is garden planning time now. I might even get some kale seeds going.

Beth Happy Birthday!

Karen - hope the brace does the trick

Ang, Sue, and sleepy Beachers

Well, time to clean-up the baked oatmeal mess. I was in the mood for warm comfort food so used some of our freezer fruit stash and made my own SBD friendly recipe. That should hold us awhile. After the exhibit we will do a little birding then maybe a quick Trader Joe trip and home for another movie night.
  • Happy Belated Birthday Beth.

Ruth, my old guy isn't fairing well either this winter. My vet says senility is setting in. Some days he just can't control his bladder. I'll walk him and then within an hour he'll just go on the floor His messes are much bigger than Coconuts, but I don't get mad. He gets an extra pat on the head, tell him he's still a good boy. A little piece of me breaks inside because I know he is 14. When he was a pup I used to tell him he couldn't die until Joey went to college. Joey starts college in the fall. He is so thin, but still has an appetite for any people food lol

For once we are not "supposed" to be buried in white. Predicting 4" total....or maybe I am in denial. I am going up to Joe's tomorrow afternoon, but will stay over. He has a medical appointment in the morning and cannot drive himself. Maybe when I get home DS would have shoveled.....a girl can dream can't she

Eight and a half hours down only 7 and a half to go. Worked way too much this month.

Enjoy!
  • I'm off to meet a friend for breakfast! WOoo HOO!

Our forecast went from 12"+ to 1-3". I wanted a little more than that .
  • Morning chicks. We are getting snow this morning; I'd say we have 3-4 inches but they claim it will stop mid-day. I guess today's exercise will be more shoveling.

Had a productive day yesterday cleaning and doing laundry. Today I must make it to the grocery store to restock. The produce drawer is a little empty.

Have a great day chicks!
  • It snowed an inch or so overnight which freshened up things - trying to be positive. I have a Town Hall rental for the afternoon and am really glad Moel offered to turn up the heat for me - I sure don't want to get dressed and go over there just to do that! I have to be there this afternoon from one until 5 to be an official "presence".

Disney is very quiet today - she lost her supper last night. She's so very thin which is a bad sign. She certainly doesn't seem in pain, just sleeping almost all the time. Don't mind me if I am not chatty for the next few days.

I did get the financial report done for my quilting group but am not sure if I will be going to the meeting tomorrow morning. Just in case, I've sent it to the secretary - computers are soooo handy!

Lifting my mug in hopes of a Sunday.
  • Have a nice breakfast with your friend, Tammy.

We've been downgraded to the 6-10" range, which suits me just fine. I'm thinking of taking snow day tomorrow, unless Cindy calls and wants me to go out tonight and sleep over.

I started a new cross-stitch sampler that I'm making for my niece/Goddaughter's wedding in June, and it's quite challenging, but it should turn out nice when it's done. I'll take it to have it professionally matted and framed before I give it to her. I'm really pleased with the glasses I painted yesterday and want to get more to give as gifts, so that's my crafting plans for today.

What's everyone's plans for today?

ETA-

Ruth, that's so sad about Disney. I'm just thankful she's not in pain. That would be unbearable for you to watch.
  • Good morning it felt amazing to wake up without an alarm clock today. Tammy enjoy your time with your friend. Looks like we all have been downgraded for snow totals.

Ruth, Disney is lucky to have you I'll say an extra prayer for Disney.

Linda, my Aunt Gail also does cross stich. ai love when she sends me a. omelet end one as a present. I know your niece/GD will love it!!!

Plans for the day include a quick bike ride, a long hot shower (the muscle between my shoulder blades is quite sore), pack an overnight bag, drive to Joe's and hopefully get some grocery shopping done. I am way overdue lol.

Hope everyone has a great day.