South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 09:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'9"

Sandi - you are right...hopefully you don't eat when you get depressed (over the Tigers)...but I love Warren Morris! Could be a long timer for the Tigers...good player...fun to watch!

I made it through the game today - it was SO hard, because our seats are right by the aisle where all of the vendors walk. But, I took pistacio nuts and water...and made it through - even with the people next to me eating hot dogs!

Day 5 is coming to a close - and I have a couple of new Phase I recipes that I will post on the Recipe Thread...
Old 07-12-2003, 11:49 PM   #17  
it's always something

Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately, I've had my hands overflowing with work. At least that kept them away from the pistachios!

I'm still following the plan, though I'm having a hard time eating as much as I should. I'm never hungry, so I have to have a conscious thought to eat! Weird. I'm not stepping on the scales, though, due to lack of exercise, and that always means disaster to me.

Things will be back to normal by Monday

It's good to see you all still here, and doing so well!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 12:21 AM   #18  

Hey, guess what?? I went to a birthday party today, and didn't even crave the cake!!! If you all knew me better, you'd know that birthday cake-the yellow kind with white icing- is my VERY favorite thing in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding. I have been known to make that Crisco icing and lick it off the spoon!!!!!!! Yep-that's the reason I have about 40-50 pounds to lose right now!
Old 07-13-2003, 12:44 AM   #19  
Slimwithin

Bobo, I'm not crazy about Crisco icing, but I've been known to eat a whole can of the bought chocolate frosting, one illicit spoonful at a time. Of course, I would never do that now. (;-D
Old 07-13-2003, 01:20 AM   #20  

Of course not Linda!!! I found something that really helps with chocolate cravings. I may have already posted this, but at Wal-mart in the sugar free candy section, they have some of the Creme Savers that are sugar free, and they have chocolate, caramel and fudge. They really are good too.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:49 AM   #21  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hooray for Bobo

Not only did she resist the birthday cake but she has lost 5 pounds in the first 4 days at SB
Old 07-13-2003, 08:00 AM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

I just got a chance to read the posts from yesterday and I found another loser :

Way to go, Tahoemom. Congrats on your 8 pound loss !!!
Old 07-13-2003, 08:01 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, Bobo, but watch those sugar-free candies. They may not have real sugar but there are other carbs used in Frankenfoods. I watch for any ingredient that ends in -ose or -ol 'cuz they can affect weightloss for me.

Hey, Linda - the first thing I did when I got married (well nearly the first thing ) was to make a batch of chocolate butter icing and eat the whole bowl. I found out years later that my sister did the same thing. Addiction is hereditary.

I'm off to spend the day doing renovations at the Church but have my little SBD lunch all packed. I NEED to be back in ONEderland. My foot is aching from being in the door trying to hold it open!

Have a great Sunday.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:19 AM   #24  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Suzanne... so glad you're still sticking with us!

Bobo and TahoeMom, I'm so happy for both of you! Congratulations!!

Ah, icing. My sister and I used to make bowls of icing often. Chocolate icing. Sometimes cream cheese icing. I do believe I'd better have some breakfast. Thank goodness there's no icing sugar in the house.

I've done much better the last two days and have lost 2 of the 3 1/2 pounds I packed on last week. So stupid to cheat...

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
Old 07-13-2003, 08:20 AM   #25  
Big Loser

You can do it Ruth!!! I am struggling this weekend, yesterday went so well til afternoon, it is easier when I am at work!!!

Well off to prepare for church, have a great day!
Old 07-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #26  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Seems like quite a few of us (NOT generic usage...ME TOO!!) have been having a bit of a rough time lately. Let's get back on track TOGETHER!!! WE CAN DO THIS!! We are only hurting ourselves when we cheat.

Ellis-YAY!! Back on track and being stalked by groupies!!!!

Ruth-GOOD FOR YOU!! My MAJOR problem has been being underprepared. Taking your lunch with you is GREAT. I have to do more planning like that.

Bobo & Tahoemom-YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!

Suzanne-Glad to see you here! I need to get back to work myself. Maybe that will force me to get organized.

Sil, Scooby, Roto, Sandilu, Linda and anyone else I missed-HI!!!!!!

1 more pound down!! I knew it would slow down, but I DO miss those 5 pound a week losses!!!!!! Trying to keep my eyes on the road and NOT on the Potato chip bushes next to it. (ACTUALLY that sounds kinda gross!!)

Last edited by dentrassi; 07-13-2003 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:08 AM   #27  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, Ruth... don't want to be eating those Sorbie candies. They cause havoc with your bowels.

Scooby, I hope you have a better day today!

Den, congratulations! Every pound is a huge success! One pound of butter... gone forever.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:10 PM   #28  

Smile Starting Phase 1 tomorrow!!!!!!!

Starting Phase 1 tomorow!

How much have you guys lost on Phase 1?
The book says 8-13 pounds.
I want to lose about 20 pounds.

Is anyone else starting tomorrow?

I have been reading all of the posts and found them helpful.
I am vegetarian and have now found a way to use this plan.

I have my food all planned out for the week.

- Wish me luck!

Last edited by Tootsie; 07-13-2003 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:16 PM   #29  

Tootsie: I started today.... 2nd meal into it...good luck to you!!
Old 07-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good luck, Tootsie and Sherr, and welcome to the Beach.
I lost 8 pounds the first week but have had a bit of slippage. I hope it's still 8 pounds tomorrow.
Closed Thread