3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD, Daily Thread, Thursday, July 10th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/29195-sbd-daily-thread-thursday-july-10th.html)

operadog 07-10-2003 05:46 AM

SBD, Daily Thread, Thursday, July 10th

Good Morning Chicks on the Beach! :wave:

Welcome to the DAILY Thread! We've got almost Fall-like wather this morning! way better than the triple Hs. :D

Yesterday I kept my ricotta consumption down and I feel much more in control - I don't have cravings, but I was getting 'hooked' on those ricotta desserts. :rolleyes: Had my Pilates class yesterday and now I'm getting ready to hit the gym - but first I'll have a cup of coffee! :D

I'll check in again later. Have a grrreat day on the Beach Chicks! :cool:

Ruthxxx 07-10-2003 06:51 AM

We now have a daily! This little Beach has grown by leaps and bounds. I'll close the weekly one.

I had a couple of slips yesterday - I'll spare you the details - but have managed to hold my ONEderland weight. I am back on the straight and narrow this morning which is the start of week 2 of Phase 1. I made the hummus from the SBD Book - it is just wonderful rolled up on a lettuce leaf. I also made a smoked salmon spread with Philly Ultra-Low Fat cream cheese but am wondering if that is OK. It is way lower in fat than low-fat ricotta but ......Hmmmmm.....I may have to freeze it.

Have a lovely day on the beach. It's a bit cool here this morning so I'll probably wear my cover-up! :lol:

ellis 07-10-2003 06:59 AM

Good morning girls!! :wave:

Anna, this weather is BEAUTIFUL!! We had to get out the blankets last night. The best sleep... windows wide open with a lovely breeze and cozy blankets to bundle up in. :)
Congratulations on getting a grip on the ricotta devil. :D

Yesterday I had my first workout at the Y in almost 3 weeks. :o
It was a little pathetic, but at least I'm back exercising.
And I'm keeping up with my pedometer tracking. I'm maintaining 178, and if I can stay on track with you girls this week, I'll hopefully drop a few more.

Have a wonderful day, darlings!!
:grouphug:

2BFIT1 07-10-2003 08:09 AM

GOOD MORNING :wave:

Bobo~~Your menu from yesterday looks just fine. Be careful of the peanut butter~for me, I tend to want another spoonful. With time, you fill find your "trigger foods" and avoid them.

Rotobabe~~Thanks for the great idea about the hummus salad dressing. I'm going to try that with my salad at lunch today.

Ruth~~~I'm soooo proud of you~You're in Onderland forever now,chick :high: I'm not sure about the cream cheese in the first 2 weeks (dairy restrictions) , according to the book, but I can't locate exactly why.

Anna~~~When you say that you are restricting your ricotta consumption, how much were you eating before? It is very low in carbs but the calories can get ya. That's why I less ricotta and add alittle cottage cheese in it's place. I also add alittle SF~FF instant pudding mix in it to add flavor and thicken it. Tastes like cheese cake to me.. Plus it makes it smoother.

Linda~~~Where are you? Don't give up.I know you can do this.

Ellis~~~Good for you getting back to the Y :bravo:

I have finally found a solution for my late night munchies. I've been wanting to bleach my teeth for a long time and finally went to the dentist to have the impressions made. Yesterday I picked up my bleaching trays and solutions . You put the solution in the trays and wear them overnight.
Instead of putting them on AT bedtime,I'm gonna put them on a few hours BEFORE. Once the trays go in, you can't eat or drink anything. This may turn out to be a duel benefit :lol:

Plan for today:
B~~veggie omelet
S~string cheese
L~salad with grilled tuna and Rotobabe's hummus dressing
D~steak and chicken fajitas (sans tortillas, rice & beans :( )
S~lemon ricotta w/blueberries & cool whip

Whimsey 07-10-2003 09:52 AM

good morning guys....this morning I had two scarmbled eggs and two pieces of sugarless bacon....Do you think that is OK on this diet...I looked at the canadian bacon and, no way can I afford that...if the sugarless bacon is not acceptable I will use low fat boiled ham in its place. I think I am having trouble changeing from Atkins to SBD...and my old crappy scale went kaput...I just may not buy another one. What do you think?

2BFIT1 07-10-2003 10:30 AM

Whimsey~~~No bacon other than turkey bacon (I prefer Luis Rich brand) is allowed on SB. There is too much fat in it. Remember that this is also a low fat woe, so keep it to the lean meats. But you are OK with the boild ham ~~enjoy:D

ellis 07-10-2003 10:35 AM

Yeah... also you have to keep in mind that you're only eating 2 slices. Formerly, my husband and I could eat an entire packet of bacon between us, which was ridiculous and a waste of money.

Sil, I love your plan for this evening. :lol:

ellis 07-10-2003 10:37 AM

By the way, would it be alright if I started a thread for the daily postings of our foods? Just journaling. ;)

Rotobabe 07-10-2003 11:08 AM

2BFit - you are most welcome. It was a dressing similar to one that my favorite restaurant in Raleigh, NC made for salads and it was yummy! You can lower the oil, up the hummus if you'd like, or lower the lemon juice and up the water, if you'd like that also.

Well...hubby and I are starting Day 3. Yesterday was a killer! We were both weak...heads spinning a little...slight headache...weird feeling...but we kept to the diet...kept drinking water...and today we both feel better...just STARVING for breakfast. And I NEVER thought I'd say that...

My hubby was asking where the chocolate was in the shrimp salad and snapped at me when I called the cheese stick a "snack"...hahaha..."that's no SNACK!"...:) And we thought WE were *****y sometimes on a diet...

Modified the asparagus and mushroom omelette this morning with a slice of canadian bacon and a tablespoon of low-fat sharp cheddar cheese. I get to work so early, that I need just a little more substance in the morning it appears! I NEVER used to eat breakfast...

Tip on the Ricotta dessert...make the Vanilla creme...add cinnamon...and roasted sliced almonds or roasted pistacios...lots of flavor in those little nuts!:cp:

We are going to try to make it to the gym tonight...its our regular gym night and I want to try to stick to the workouts...pray for me...:):strong:

Whimsey 07-10-2003 11:21 AM

I wish I liked the ricotta....however I may have bought the wrong kind...I got fat free sorento brand. It is grainy and disgusting...I would rather eat a bowl of wet sand. YUK!!! I live in a rural area and we don't have alot of choices here.

bobo1968 07-10-2003 11:34 AM

Thanks Sil. Hey Whimsey, my bathroom scales are so inaccurate, so I just went to my dr. office and asked if I could weigh in every Friday, and they said sure. You might try that if you have a good place to go that has accurate scales. That also keeps me from wanting to weigh every day, and I get more excited at the end of a week when it's a bigger loss!!!!!! A lot of drug stores have physician's scales too. I've never found good home scales. I'm going to try those ricotta desserts you guys keep mentioning! I love sweets. I've been walking this week-yay me!!! But I have a smocking class tonight, so I won't get to go. It is like 100 degrees here, so I can't go before the class. I might do a taebo or Pilates tape today some time. Better run. Have a great day girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

operadog 07-10-2003 12:13 PM

Ellis I thinkkhaving a 'daily journal' is a great idea!

Rotobabe Thanks for that yummy hummus + dressing recipe -sounds absolutely yummy. Good luck at the gym tonight! :strong:

bobo: Good solution on weighing yourself! You'll save all that time getting on and off the scale at home (which I'm guilty of) :eek:)

Sil I was having plenty of ricotta desserts (more than one a day) - thanks for the idea of mixing it w/ ff/cottacge cheese and FF/SF pudding mix .. what a neat idea! :D

Whimsey how about whipping the ff ricotta in your food process or or blender - might improve the texture - also, see Sil's tip about adding FF pudding etc. try it, you just might like it!

We've got cloudy, cool weather today - and I'm enjoying it! Nice respite from all that HHH weather.

Enjoy your Beach day Chicks and THANKS for all the tips!

:grouphug:

Whimsey 07-10-2003 12:14 PM

that is a great idea but my doctor is in the next town and that is 30 miles away. I hate living in the boonies.

ellis 07-10-2003 01:50 PM

Whimsey, I saw a tip for "grainy" ricotta. Stick it in the blender/food processor. The grainy stuff IS disgusting!

OH GOOD GRIEF! I just noticed that Anna wrote that! :lol: Sorry...sometimes I read backwards. ;)

Bobo, that's a great idea for weighing. Unfortunately I'm a weigh-aholic, and I don't even want to TRY to break the habit. It's enough that I'm dieting. heh heh. (plus I can put on 5 pounds in one day if I don't keep on top of it)
Smocking... what a beautiful craft!

I was planning on cheating, but my Mom just called and gave me two second-hand compliments from people who said they'd noticed I was losing weight and were very impressed. DARN! I wanted to eat a bag of chips!! :cry:

2BFIT1 07-10-2003 02:29 PM

Ellis~~~BACK AWAY FROM THE CHIPS :nono:
Thanks for the food journal thread~great idea.

Anna~~I thought that "getting on and off the scale" was exercise~I'm confused :?:

Whimsey~~~Please try this: use low-fat not fat free ricotta. Use 1/2 ricotta and 1/2 low fat cottage cheese (rather than all ricotta) and put it in a food processor. When i do this and use alittle pudding mix, the result is thick and the consistency of cheese cake once it has been refridgerated for awhile. It's not gritty at all.

Roto~~Your idea on adding cinnamon and nuts to the Vanilla ricotta dessert sounds wonderful. I'm going to try it and maybe even add a touch of the pumpkin spice mix, too.

I'll bet that in Phase 2 you could add a spoonful of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) and it would be a good substitute for pumpkin pie.