3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   On Plan Thread Dec 30 - Jan 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/291022-plan-thread-dec-30-jan-5-a.html)

TwynnB 01-03-2014 07:53 PM

Lindsay - very true. And if you're here, it's probably not easy for you!

B: protein cheesecake
S: veggies and hummus
L: lettuce wrap with chicken, cheese, cukes, ranch
S: nuts
D: crack slaw
D: cheesecake (dang, these are good!)

CyndiM 01-03-2014 08:15 PM

Grain free Phase 2

B: homemade refried beans, egg with grnd chia, 1/4 small avocado & salsa
S: 1/4 spinach casserole
L: leftover creamy Mexican casserole mixed with mashed squash (yum!)
S: 3 sesame crackers
D: Buffalo roasted cauliflower, roasted delicata rings, and almond parmesan tilapia
wine

RiverGirl 01-03-2014 11:03 PM

Had to change my ticker back to 190, I dont think I gained back 5lbs over the holidays... so I am blaming it on the new scale that I got for christmas:shrug:

Phase 1

2 hardboiled eggs mashed up with a bit of icbinb & salt
V8

Garden salad w/ italian dressing
Greek yogurt
Diet coke

Chicken soup
Brocolli
Green Beans
Glass of skim milk

Celery w/ pb

sophie 01-04-2014 09:53 AM

Ph 2

Same menu as yesterday. Lots of leftovers. Just love leftovers
Take care
Sophie

pearlygirly 01-04-2014 02:01 PM

Hi hope you don't mind me joining in @ end of week but I figured I better account for my food somewhere, sometime:smug:

Phase 1ish

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee w FF HnH & stevia. 1% cottage cheese w pumpkin pie spice.

Lunch: A lil LO mac n cheese from a Phase 2 recipe. Spinach salad w LF Italian dressing.

Snack: Celery w Natural peanut butter.

Dinner: Taco Bake

TwynnB 01-04-2014 02:34 PM

Phase I:
B: egg foo young
L: lettuce wrap with chicken, cheese, cuke, pepper, onion, hummus
S: protein cheesecake cupcake
D: mock cornbread spicy bake thingee

EmmaD 01-04-2014 04:26 PM

Well I am officially in a groove of better eating. Not perfect by a long shot but I was struggling SO MUCH with binge-eating and constant carbo-loading for most of last year. When I got scared straight by my borderline high glucose tests, I finally got back into the mode of "not for me" - which is the single most helpful strategy I have found when it comes to food (that and planning ahead). Meaning that I don't engage in an ongoing negotiation with myself about whether to eat something unhealthy/off plan... the answer is simply "no, that's not for me, end of discussion." This is something I learned from The Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck.

OK all that being said, I am not completely following my plan :p - just making infinitely better choices when I do diverge from my plan :yay:

Today, Phase 2ish, mostly the same as yesterday due to leftovers

B - coffee with us almond milk, tofu scramble with broccoli (even better the next day)
L - "tuna noodle casserole" with cauliflower alfredo, edamame and shirataki noodles. White tea with lemon
Ss - celery, carrot, red pepper strips with Greek yogurt spinach dip. Almonds. Maybe a hard-boiled egg.
D - going to be tricky. My family is making a lasagna, with meat sauce so I won't be tempted, but I will try to make something similar for me ... need some zucchini or eggplant ideally. Will have a big green salad regardless.
dessert - also tricky - we are going to a birthday - there will be caaaake

RiverGirl 01-05-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwynnB (Post 4910386)
D: cheesecake (dang, these are good!)

ummm, cheesecake?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Tammy is there a recipe? Is it one of the ones in our recipe section?..Please let me know!

sophie 01-05-2014 01:28 PM

Phs 2

Cottage cheese with sugar free applesauce
Soup and pepperoni stick
Roasted leg of lamb with mushrooms and a salad
Glass o wine
Maybe another pepperoni stick

Walked for 40 minutes in the mall
Drink my water

Had a run in with some crackers yesterday

pearlygirly 01-05-2014 05:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the cheesecake. I'd like to possibly make those 1 day if there's a recipe on the forum.

2 coffee w stevia & FF HnH
LF yogurt
LO Ph2 recipe mac n cheese
Lettuce & tomato salad
Not sure yet about dinner...maybe LO black eyed pea soup and some sauteed spinach??

Sue

Beth19 01-05-2014 06:06 PM

I'll jump in and answer the cheesecake question since just yesterday I made it for the 1st time myself. Here it is:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...heesecake.html

Can I just say: YUM!!!

RiverGirl 01-05-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlygirly (Post 4911838)
I was thinking the same thing about the cheesecake. I'd like to possibly make those 1 day if there's a recipe on the forum

I have the recipe that Tammy was referring to (she is awesome and PM'd me the link), and since you are interested too, I figured I would post it here... Tammy did add a note on the last page of the post of what little tweeks she did. Protein Packed Cheese Cake Recipe

RiverGirl 01-05-2014 10:53 PM

Phase 1

Buffalo chicken dip stuffed celery

Kara's Fabulous Beany Brownie
Glass of skim milk

Cheese string

"Pulled" pork w/ franks
Coleslaw
Green Beans
Glass of skim milk

Cauliflower w/ ranch

yankeeinsouth 01-05-2014 11:11 PM

A quick note about the protein cheesecakes. I don't think I could have gotten through last year without them! I make the whole batch and freeze them in a gallon ziplock and then just take two out in the morning and take them to work. I put them in the refrigerator at work and by afternoon they are ready to eat and in the morning if I can't wait, I put it in the microwave.