South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Merry Monday Beach Chat 12/16

Merry Monday to all! Ugh how I forgot how early I get up for work lol. Well at least the car was toasty, thank you remote start. Yesterday ended up being errands and shoveling to make up for Saturday. Decided against driving to Long Island for fear of icy roads on out return trip. Was a lovely day though. Joe took me out to dinner (yummy Italian restaurant splurged on their homemade bread and dessert totally worth it!!!!) DS was excited to show him the latest addition to Daisy (the pick up). He installed a CB (hello Smokey and the Bandit), special lights, window tints and the bed liner. I love that they get along so well. DS does not care for my ex's fiancé.

Time to stare out the window and daydream about my next cup of coffee. I'm going to need it today
Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jennifer. I know what you mean about needing several cups of coffee, especially on a Monday morning.

It's an icy morning here, what with all the melting snow that refroze overnight. I'm going to have to avoid the back roads and take the long way to the farm.
And I just heard that more snow is predicted for tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jekel, that remote start must be the best thing in winter time! That's awesome that DS and your SO (are you engaged?) get along so well.

Cottage - DH just told me we're supposed to get snow tomorrow as well - but I think only 1-3"? Drive safe, I bet it's slick out there.

Thank goodness for amazon, I got most of my shopping done . A couple more small things. Problem is, I need to find boxes to ship out stuff that I bought in town!

Today is work, who knows how long, then finish shopping and get stuff shipped out. As my Gordon stares at me, he is doing most awesome on his new med doses. A great Christmas present that he is still here with me.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I had an unusually long day at work yesterday but am off today so DH and I will take advantage of unusually nice weather to get in a hike. I'm working out without my mom again, today. And tonight we have dinner out with friends. I'm going to spend time again today working on a blog for my Alaska trip. I had hoped my brother, who took most of the photos, would have them posted online by now, but he is still slowly working on them. My plan was to share a link in my holiday cards.

Have a great day.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am in serious countdown mode, just three work days then two weeks off. I have a ton to get done but zero motivation. Could make for a long three days.

It's very cold here and getting colder. I'm not a fan of days that get colder as the day goes on. Then more snow tomorrow! Looks like a real winter here. We plan to get out snowshoeing or walking trails this week. We want to get in the habit of going outside instead of hibernating this year.

Last night we went to a party and I moved a big container of goodies out of the house. Now I want to make more then share those. I love the baking but don't want all those yummies hanging around here. This weekend's highlights were thumbprint cookies with homemade blueberry filling and an eggnog cake made with coconut flour. I'll have to make a Pinterest board of holiday recipes I tried and liked for next year. Of course thanks to the internet I'll probably just have 30 new recipes to try

Okay, better get moving. Hope your Monday is warm and safe and the work part passes without drama.

ETA - anyone have experience mailing cookies, etc? I'd like to send a package to a friend but wondering whether he will just get a box of crumbs

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-16-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Merry Monday to us all!

I slept until 7 this morning and watched a lovely winter sunrise. So glad our Board meeting this afternoon was cancelled due to lack of attendees. I had planned to do the financial report this morning and now the day is all mine!

Some wrapping and a few cards are on the revised schedule and I will start some pre-cooking for my big party. Taco Bake is definitely on the menu and I'll also make and freeze some mushroom empanadas. I also -plan to do a rum cake or two for gifts since there have been a lot of hints lately. I need to get a gallon or so of rum - maybe a trip to Cuba?

So the countdown begins.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
I'm on my countdown getting ready for work. My food has continued to be good and I'm on the low end of the scale. That is great holiday news for me.

Cyndi, I ship cookies every year. I packed him tight in an inner box or plastic then I wrapped them with Bubblewrap before I put them in the box. It works great every time.

Okay have a great day I need to get my smoothie going.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got a few minutes to spare, I was not good yesterday was baking cookies and ate too many samples.

Ruth I have to go get rum as well, my boss gave me a recipe for Rum cake so going to make some and give to a couple of the neighbors as well.

Stay safe to everyone scheduled to get more snow. Our snow refroze but it was mainly just the side walks and some side roads.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Back from celebrating gs 1st birthday. We postponed our trip 1 day due to bad weather. The next day was to be a good drive but canada environment lied, white knuckle drive thru snow squalls. Drive home on early saturday was great. Lots of baking going on here too. I have to hide everything. Hoping to be on plan till christmas eve thmn maybe just a little something
Take care
Sophie
Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Linda thanks for reminding me about pizelles. I just made some . Its been a few years since I made them. I have a villaware non stick which I bought years ago in philly at the italian district. The box says 84.75. Well I just checked amazon.ca and its 339.00.same model no. Boy am I ancient
I guess I better use it more often. I have their waffle maker too and use it often
Take care
Sophie
Old 12-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Good Morning!!

Well it is cold here again today but at least the sun is shining!!

I made it to the gym this morning and wow was it busy!! Everyone must be trying to counteract their weekend's food choices!! Lol - tis the Season!

This week will be a busy one...getting the house ready for company....and I wish I baked like some of you...but sadly I do not have the gift....

Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and I am feeling excited....what do you all plan for Christmas day? Do you just go off plan completely? I am feeling a little nervous with it approaching...

Well I hope you are all staying warm today!! Happy Monday!!!

Samm
Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening! Just wanted to stop by and read the news. Busy day at work but I got my workout in when I came home and now I am off to make dinner, perhaps with a glass of wine... Sub-zero here this morning but the snow stopped at least!

Have a great evening all.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Well, all I can say for Monday is at least it's almost over! I am looking forward to the week off next week...and maybe a snow day tomorrow. Let's hope. I am going to do some cooking tonight...an egg casserole for the next few breakfasts, and then if I have time I am going to try to make a homemade BBQ sauce (with Splenda) because I want slow-cooker pork. And it's so cold here, I need some warm foods, today's lunch salad just didn't cut it.

Have a good night and a terrific Tuesday!
Closed Thread