Cereal?!?

• I am preparing to transition to Phase 2 on Tuesday and the first thing I will be adding in is cereal....

Which cereal is better - Kashi Go Lean or Fiber One Original??

Thanks for your help!

Samm
  • sorry Samm I really enjoyed both, but cereal just doesn't keep me full. I try to use my "grains" for wraps if I am in a bind for eating on the go
  • I used to like Kashi Go Lean, but the last few times I've had it, it doesn't do much for me. It's not bad, but there are other cereals I like more.
  • I saw the cereal comments on yesterday's thread. I have also been one who mostly doesn't do cereal anymore. In part because it doesn't keep me full and in part because it is a big trigger for me.
  • Thanks for all your input!

I think I will try cereal tomorrow and see what happens......but will be aware as to whether or not it fills me up or ignites any past cravings!!

Samm
  • Let us know how it goes, Samm! It's always great to have so many different perspectives!

I'm a 100% green smoothie breakfast person. I found oatmeal I the am caused hunger and cravings for me. I love it and often make it for dinner. It doesn't bother me then.

There are times I will have some cold cereal w/almond milk as an after dinner snack. I find I always want more. Lol
  • I love Grape Nuts. Mainly, because I can add a little to a lot of fruit (blueberries and bananas together, my favorite), add skim milk, and have a great breakfast.

Also, I use plain greek yogurt with blueberries and stir in some grapenuts like a Swiss Muesli. Add a tiny bit of honey if you need a treat. Stir and eat. Or, I freeze our peaches. I use greek yogurt with thawed peaches (chopped bite size) and some of the peach juice, and stir in some grapenuts.

It's been my favorite cereal for 35 years (51 now). I know it is not the lowest calorie, but it has no added sugar beyond the inherent fructose in the malted barley, it has great fiber, lots of nutrients and goes well with fruit. And, while fruit also adds sugar to our diet, we all need a little of it. Bananas for the potassium and blueberries for the anti-oxidents. And, grapenut has a deserved reputation for its fiber. If you're a little blocked up, it'll do the job!

I have it every other morning.
    Regards!
  • Here is an earlier South Beach discussion about grapenuts. While they are legal, the serving size is just 1/4 cup.