South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday! - Chat for December 6

Good morning. Not a frosty Friday around here. The snow really disappeared yesterday with 53ºF by afternoon. It'll be cooler today but still fairly warm. I have some daffodils that I may plant in the flowerboxes now that the earth is thawed.

Slowly, slowly getting Christmas things up. I still have way too much shopping hanging around. I guess they'd look better wrapped than in plastic bags. Wrapped I could pass them off as decor!

Started a list of prep I can do for my Christmas Eve bash and realize Taco Bake s freezable and was a huge hit last time. So are sausage rolls and meatballs so I will shop for ingredients and get them stashed away. Any other suggestions?

Time for a dog cuddle and another coffee before I go into overdrive. How does your TGIF look from this early perspective?
Old 12-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Sounds yummy. I hope you'll share your final menu.

I'm off to the gym this morning. It is soooo cold and I am soooo not ready for witner that I feel a lazy day huddled under a blanket with a good book and hot tea in my future. Tried a new vegetarian recipe last night that I posted.

DS2 emailed in the wee hours of the morning that he lost his phone. I think he was at a concert. In the last couple of years, while at college, he's lost this phone, cracked the screen so badly on the last phone that it no longer worked (so he borrowed a friend's until he could get a new one), and had the phone before that stolen from his bag while he was at the gym. I hope he has insurance now!!!

Have a great day.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning we too are oddly warm. Rainy, but warm which is fine by me. Off to Joe's and my favorite country gift store today. Hoping to find a little something to send with my parents' gift cards. Even though we agreed on gift cards this year, I still like sending them something to unwrap.

Tomorrow is our annual trip to Hickory Dock in Nanuet for ornaments with my sisters. I still have yet to pack or plan to pack. Oh and clean need to do that good the doggies like a clean house lol. Geez Mick's nails need a trim too.

Well I best be getting motivated. Happy Friday
Old 12-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Sounds like everyone has busy times today!

Ruth, how about stuffed mushrooms? You can't do those ahead, but they sure are easy and yummy!

Karen, Ummmm....yeah, hope he has insurance!

Jennifer, your trip sounds great, I hope you enjoy it.

I hope today slows down a wee bit, yesterday was crazy again. Dh is a little annoyed I've been home near or past 8 pm 3 nights in a row. Since my work day ends at 2, I should be able to do it today! I am leaving tomorrow for FL to see mom though, and I have lots of stuff to do before then.

Off to eat some of those PB banana muffins of Lindsey's. Dang, they are filling and hold you for a long time!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

I'm so envious of all of you who are talking about warm weather today. It's -17 right now. We're making now records around here.

I'm pretty frustrated today yet have some notion that this, too, shall pass. It seems I am trying to get sick again and combined with the cold weather I just feel pretty hopeless about these seemingly endless projects. I do know that anything I do moves me forward so I am going to try to come up with a plan for today which will help move me in the right direction.

My good news is that I really seem to continue to not engage in emotional eating. That is such a positive step forward.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got between 3 to 4 inches of snow yesterday and today should be getting another 2 to 3 inches. It looks pretty but it's cold out there 21 degrees. I am working from home, got most of my staff working from home and snow day for school.

Ruth sounds like you got a game plan going that is good.

Karen ouch I hope he does have insurance

Jekel have fun on your trip tomorrow with your sisters sounds like fun, I wish mine lived closer but we are spread apart closest is 9 hour drive and furthest is in England.

Twynn hope you are able to get out at 2 p.m. today

Debbie hang in there, hope you feel better.

Hopefully I will get some work done today I should be able to knock alot before everyone wakes up and after that not so much.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was supposed to be a sleep in day but the pellet delivery guy called at 8 to tell us he was on his way. Oh well, just glad to have those here before the temperature drops and the road gets icy.

Today is an at home day. I think we will just go out to find a tree, then back home. We have enough to do here to keep us very busy. We also want to go out and play tomorrow, so need to get some things done today.

My challenge this week is cooking from food I have in the house. I want to work through my pantry and freezer the next couple of weeks. It would be nice to nip those grocery bills a little after yesterday's shopping fest and everything is overfull here. This morning we are having a variation of Kalyn's chili rellenos casserole with peppers I bought locally and grilled. Can't wait for that to come out of the oven.

Happy Friday
Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday all! Busy weekend ahead with various engagements for the kids, and I better get that tree. We are home for Christmas for the first time in 3 years, so I have a fake tree out in the room with the fur ball children, but a real one yet to purchase for the humans in the closed off living room - with the rainy forecast, I hope to get the tree in a lull of calm!

DH is getting more and more off-plan, but still doing much better than he had been. I am hoping to get to 170 by Christmas, and then keep the gain to a minimum over those next 10 days.

Be well!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Not much on the agenda today. Just puttering in the kitchen. Dh went to his annual pensioner luncheon. He complains about it every year but still goes. They give cranberry juice with the meal lol. He will rectify it with a glass of wine when he comes home
Enjoy your day
Take care
Sophie
Old 12-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday!!

Well today is a cold one here and it doesn't look like it's going to be getting any better in the foreseeable future

I did get to the gym this morning so it was an early one...but I am feeling great today - lots of energy!! I have found in the past few days however that I am just not hungry when it comes to snacks....weird....

Tomorrow the plan is to go the the local Mennonite Farmer's Market for some produce and maybe some interesting stocking stuffers....I am looking forward to it

Well I hope you are all enjoying your Friday.....TGIF!!!!
Closed Thread