Thanksgiving Nov 28 Chat

• Just popping in to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the chicks!!

I am thankful for my family, my job (even when I whine), my health. I am also very thankful for everyone here; the great support, recipes and ideas for coping with life and staying OP.

Have a great day all!
    Grab some coffee and share what you are thankful for.
  • Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Beth, and Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

I'm thankful for my health, and for my willingness to follow a food plan which keeps me headed in the right direction. I'm thankful for my family and for my extended family, (all of you chicks right here). I'm always thankful for folks who participate in animal rescue, as I enjoy every moment I have with my furry family, Bing and Sophia. The list could go on and on....

We have the morning to ourselves and Bing is getting a bath. I wanted to go out for breakfast but mom had bought ingredients to make us eggs, hashbrowns and WW muffins. As hard as we've been working on her projects I think it's how she can give back. We'll have a late breakfast then dinner is at Nephews house. I supplied the free range organic turkey so I'll make a little smoked salmon dip and we're good to go. I really don't feel like overeating. A pretty simple day.

Enjoy everyone!
  • Good morning.

I am thankful to have both boys home and that everyone is healthy and happy. I am thankful for all of you, of course, and that for the first time in recent years I am at my goal weight on this food-filled day. (I don't count last year when my auto-immune disease was in full force making it hard to eat! So thankful that is under control.)

We are having a small Thanksgiving/Hanukkah lunch here with my in-town family and a large Thanksgiving dinner at SIL's about an hour away.

Happy holidays to all who celebrate.
  • Happy Hanukkah Karen and all who celebrate the Festival of Lights. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful to have my son home, his acceptance to college, family, my chicks who help me everyday, our soldiers and veterans, my furry babies, wonderful neighbors and if I don't stop now I could go on forever.

We are going to my sisters. it is very casual. I am bringing SBD desserts. I made Kayla's Paleo apple tart and pumpkin cheesecake. I used the same crust for both. hope everyone likes them. Tonight DS will go to his GF's for a second holiday feast lol. It will be an early day for me as I am going in for 3:00 am. Working two days of OT will be my Christmas shopping money lol

Time to put on the parade Always makes me think of my grandpa. He worked for Macy's. He would remind us every year how he always had a cold Thanksgiving dinner because he worked overnight getting the balloons ready then marched in the parade. We would roll our eyes every time he reminisced. I still share the story with my son every year.....come to think of it I believe I told you last year too lol....ok you may roll your eyes now

Enjoy this beautiful day!
  • Happy thanksgiving american chicks. Enjoy your families and the feast
    Take care
    Sophie
  • Happy Thanksgiving Chickies!!!!

I am thankful for my family and friends. DS went to his GF this year, first year without him but we still had a good if quiet Thanksgiving luncheon. I do not overeat and none of us eat seconds but we are all eating at the same table so I love that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and gets to enjoy some friends and family.
  • Just an end of the day fly by we had a good and busy day with family. Hoping the lake effect snow stays away tonight.

Hope you all had a good.