Tuesday Beach Chat 11/26

• Safe travels Ruth and Tammy. Karen when do you leave for PR? Where are you staying? Old San Juan is supposed to be lovely.

I was going to name the thread terrified Tuesday. Lucky me has the range this morning. Talk about nerves. Anxiety was in full blown panic mode and devoured cinnamon Life cereal. The scale was so kind to remind me I have been eating way too much in the evening lol. Will do better today.

Linda I think time at the farm with Ruth sounds perfect. Take lots of pictures
  • Right! I wonder where my camera is. Jennifer, I am sure we will have a great time whether or not we take pictures.

My suitcase isn't packed yet but I know exactly what goes into it. I'm breaking my trip at Allentown and have two bags - one for the Holiday Inn. The problem with traveling by car is that you can take everything with you! I held myself back last night from making a rum cake to take along!

Seems so strange in here this morning without my furries. I dropped them off at the kennel last night. They get an amazing welcome from Keith's own dogs who are now their best friends. It's nice to have your dogs really keen to go there.

Keeping an eye on the weather but hope to just hit rain instead of snow as I drive south. I'm prepared for snow though. I AM CANADIAN. Yes, I have a bottle of scotch and warm blankies just in case.

Will check in from Linda's if I can remember my password.

Have a great Tuesday.
  • Have a safe drive, Ruth! I don't know what the weather will be in NY, but it's snowing lightly in the Poconos. Be careful!

Jennifer, I hope your day at the range isn't as bad as you think. Keep in mind that worrying is usually the "worse-case scenario."

I'm off for the rest of the week, although Ruth and I will be staying at the farm every night from tomorrow night through Saturday night to take care of the dogs. This morning I want to do some prep work for Thanksgiving, and I have a hair appointment at noon.

Tammy, I hope the weather doesn't interfere with your trip. When are you leaving? Take care!
  • There's SNOW out there!!!

My kids have their first snow day. There's 2" out there according to DH, I think they cancelled because it's supposed to be sleet this afternoon. Gratefully they'll either go to the school, or the teacher may come here if no one else needs care so they don't sit at my work all day!

Anyway - I'm off for my longgg day of work. I'm kinda wondering if a bunch will cancel, since many will have children with them they didn't expect, and some come "over the mountain" which is known to be pretty icy. Tonight we pack up for our trip, and tomorrow we leave in the AM, weather allowing.

Even if you don't like it, ya gotta admit it's beautiful
  • Good Morning

Safe travels Ruth and Tammy!

My brain is swirling right now....too much project stuff. It's a big day today with carpet installation, plumber, flooring repair and a meetup with a guy who is going to haul the left over piano and possibly chat with us regarding his interest in renting the place thats almost ready. It is all falling together but these multi tasking days really challenge me. I can do this.

Food has generally been ok, although we had pizza for dinner last night. I just get right back on plan and keep moving forward.

Enjoy whatever is on your agendas today. Take care if it's snowy. It looks like we'll miss the snow today although it is certainly cold.
  • Good morning.

Jennifer - We leave Dec.23 and stay in a condo on the beach in Isla Verde, near old San Juan. Cereal is a big problem for me; I got into my husband's one day last week.

Ruth - Wave to my son; he lives in Bethlehem, right next to Allentown. When we visit him we prefer to drive partially so that we can bring it all! Have a safe trip.

Linda - Have fun!

Twynn - A snow day already!?

Debbie - Busy. Good job getting back OP after the pizza.

I'm not sure what time our house guests arrive today. It is an old friend of DH's (back to grade school through grad school and best man in our wedding) and his wife. I'm shivering already because, being hardy Coloradoan outdoorspeople, and hearing from DH about our hiking lately, they want to hike today. Brrr. I dug out my long underwear last night but haven't planned my layers any more than that. I will be making dinner in the crockpot, easy to plan since the friend has been a vegetarian for as long as I've known him and I've been collecting many great recipes now with DH eating that way.

DS2 leaves LA tonight, after his classes, and is due in here around 1:30 tomorrow morning. Hubby will be doing that airport run and I will hopefully be sleeping.

Have a great day.
  • Good morning,

No snow here but it is cold. Safe travels to everyone who is driving.

Jekel my late night eating is doing me in as well, got to remember to stop myself. I am going to do a 10 day cleanse with DD1 starting the day after Thanksgiving to help her start her journey to healthy eating. I have to keep reminding myself that it would be best to be at lower weight going into the cleanse versus eating what I want and then just losing that only.

Ruth and Tywnn safe travels to both of you and enjoy yourselves.

Cottage enjoy your day I have to venture to store to get some produce today after work.

Debbie whew you wear me out just listening to your to do list

Karen your trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Today finish up stuff at work, tomorrow I will wfh and then take the rest of the week off. Nothing on the agenda tonight other than laundry and run to the store on the way home.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
  • Good morning friends Sorry I've been MIA lately. First there was DC and limited internet then there was catching up and getting ready to travel again. This time it's by car to my parents in beautiful and snowy upstate NY. I'm being optimistic and am pretty sure we will have no trouble as long as do the bulk of our travel during the warmer, daylight hours tomorrow.

This morning it's off to the Co-op for holiday food shopping. I discovered years ago that Tuesday before noon is usually a good time to shop so I always take it off. We need the turkey, first and foremost, then other stuff. Today will be a cooking day here. I'll get the veggie sides prepped for reheating on the big day.

Hope everyone's travels are safe, timely, and successful!
  • Good morning

Safe travels to everyone

Debbie thanks for your optimistic lookout I needed that. My weekend was way off plan and I am having a hard time but the past is the past right back on plan. Upset stomach yesterday, I guess I just can't eat the old way anymore
    Take care
    Sophie
  • Safe Travels Everyone and have a Great Thanksgiving. We are having lots of rain here which is going to be more beautiful snow for Tammy. I finally took the time to log back in. I have been checking in here and there but haven't been logged in. Today I made it my goal to get a new password and start logging in and holding myself accountable. Thanks to all of your support I lost 32 lbs last year and I would like to at least hold on to that until the new year and then start again with a vengence! It has been a rough fall and we are planning some big changes which equals a lot of stress eating for me. My motto last week was that I can't be screaming at the kids if I have a cookie in my mouth. It's a new week, I have a lot to be thankful for and I certainly can't complain about 32 lbs. Thank you everyone for being here every time I checked in. I'm going to enjoy spending the holidays with you!
  • Afternoon everyone.

Hope the travelers are having a safe journey (and those leaving soon stay safe as well).
    Jennifer, hope you had a good day at the range. I know where you are coming from on that late night snacking. I'm addicted to decaf with a dash of SF syrup but sometimes I find myself looking for a treat to go with it. I have been re-visiting the P1 dessert section to inspire me to clean up my act.

DS1 and his buddy made it home safely last night so that is a relief for me. It will be good to see him for a few days.

Ruth and Linda, have a great visit!

Debbie, I am so impressed by the way you are managing this huge project of yours. I think I would be on overload!!

Ok, time to motivate myself to get in a workout before I make the Tacobake. (that's the anti-poultry dish of the week)