South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Marvelous Monday Chat 11/18

Quick good morning before my train. It is marvelous today!!!! My DS was accepted to SUNY Delhi!!! We are thrilled. He will get his associates in occupational sciences for automotive technology. These days you can get a degree in almost anything. Just wanted to share my good news.

Now not to get blown away waking to the train. Please mid west chicks check in so we know you are ok. Mother Nature is angry again
Old 11-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Thanks for getting us started Jennifer! Congratulations to your DS! A pat on your back, too, for seeing through everything! Have a great day!

It's a balmy 38° here and I'm sitting on the porch with the pup. Work at the restaurant today and I'm already getting my list organized for the project this week. Lots on the agenda and I'm feeling pretty confident today. All is good.

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, congrats to your son for getting into that course. You must be proud and rightly so. I love hearing good news in the first post in the daily.

We are very windy here too but nothing like what's going on in the mid-West! I'm trying to remember which chicks are from there but my brain is fuzzy this morning. Coffee should help.

Jazz and I are off to the vet for a Lyme booster at 8:20. While we're out, I'll pop in and get my wheels "torqued" whatever that means. Similar to a wheel balance but a lot quicker and cheaper. If it stays mild, I may vacuum my car - poor thing is used for hauling garden pots and dogs and is pretty grubby. I'll also set it up for winter so I don't get caught without a snowbrush and ice scraper. My Christmas present to me this year will be a remote starter!

Mill Board Meeting this afternoon and I had the reports all done and printed by 6PM yesterday. Woke at 4 this morning when a lightbulb went off in my head about a $5K error so I got up and fixed it. Apparently my brain works while I sleep! I forgot to take it out and put it in the jar of formaldehyde on the dresser!

A busy week ahead with lots of "stuff" happening. I do hope to get those darned outside lights put up. Sure wish someone would day "Let me know if there's anything I can do"?

Off we go with Monday!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Debbie. I have coffee and a pair of dogs lying at my feet. We're at 48º and going up to 52º and I hope the promised showers stay away. Have a good day.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good Monday Morning chicks!

Jekel, CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting for both of you, you must be proud.

Debbie - have a great day/week, and I hope all goes smoothly.

Ruth - Good thing my cats aren't allowed in the car, it would look even worse than it does! I'm not sure I would've gotten up with the mistake realized ~ and then it would be gone again by morning.

For me - I had an appointment today with DH to take off work, and they called and cancelled ~ so now I can't go into work and have to take the day off anyways. Annoying with precious vacation time, I'd rather use it for kids' days off or vacation, but oh well, guess someone was telling me I needed a break (I do!).

So I'm meeting a friend for breakfast, and I have about 5 errands wrote down to accomplish. Initially I was going to deep hand scrub the kitchen floor, and decided to forget that crazy notion, that's not what to do when you relax! So maybe a nap and a run instead.

ANd finally make that winter squash soup like Panera's?

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-18-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Chicklets, and congratulations to your DS, Jennifer! I know both of you are very happy and excited, and I'm happy for you!

I don't have much of a voice this morning after all the screaming and cheering yesterday, but I can still type. The marathon was thrilling to watch, and it was so amazing to see my daughter racing in it with 31,000 others. She successfully completed the race in even less time than she had anticipated she would, and is quite elated about that.

I'm not quite sure what is happening this week at work. I got a confusing call from Cindy while I was riding the train home last night, and I believe she said she'd be away from today through Wednesday and I think she wants me to stay overnight Tuesday night, so I guess I'll find out exactly what she means when I get there this morning. It's a good thing I'm flexible!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Tim is off to work and my car has been dropped for the annual placing of the snow tires. I hate the extra noise but I'm flying out Wed. and the airport is almost 2 hours away so those tires need to be on. hoping not much else needs to be done for winter. My mechanic has free reign to get the car ready but it's usually not a big job.

Jennifer - that's very exciting! Congratulations to you both

Debbie - I think I need to hire you for organization training. I really try but seem to miss so many tasks I want to get done. hard to believe someone pays me to be an Organizer

Ruth - My brain does that too. It's nice to figure those things out but not in the middle of the night. Car cleaning sounds like a good project. We will probably wait until after Thanksgiving and the trip to NY with Cricket in the car.

Tammy - Maybe someone just thought you needed a day to yourself. Moms don't get many of those

Linda - Monica looked great. Please tell her congratulations from me. What an accomplishment.

Okay, time to buckle down and get some work done. The next two weeks I don't plan to do normal work much so I need to be productive. My DC trip this week is a conference, so work but not my usual work. Then next week I'm just working Monday, cooking Tuesday and traveling Wednesday. Guess I need to make today count!

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-18-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So our town was lucky yesterday and did not get a tornado but a lot of the towns around us did one only 9 miles away. The wind was unbelievable, so feeling very grateful and yet sad at the same time.

Jekel that is very exciting news for your DS, I know you are a proud momma.

Ruth glad that you figured out the error but sorry that is was the middle of the night for you.

Debbie- Have a wonderful day

Tynn- try to do something for yourself since you got this day

Cottage- it looked you had a blast this weekend.

Cindy glad you are getting your snow tires on.

Tonight I am taking DD2 to Selena Gomez concert, they rescheduled it from next week to tonight. I was hoping DH would want to go but he has other plans so it will be a mommy and daughter time with thousands of screaming girls lol!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Jen. What a nice christmas present for you. Congratulations to you both

Ruth. Who needs those middle of the night thinking sessions

Tammy enjoy your day. Sometimes its great to have a unplanned day

Cottage isn't it nice to see that your daughter is an active young woman

Pearl so glad you are safe

Cyndi. Up coming trip sounds great

It was very windy during the night put we didnt lose power. Today I am cleaning my workshop. No more weaving until after the new year and I am making a list of everything I need to cook, bake, clean, gifts etc...
Take care
Sophie
Old 11-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Congrats!!

I've been to the gym this morning and doing niggles on the computer. Not sure if DH will want to hike this afternoon. First he has a shift ringing bells for the Salvation Army. We hiked yesterday and with my aches and pains don't usually go two days in a row but later in the week I'm either working or we expect rain.

Yesterday I tried another side dish, a brown rice with lots of stuff in it. I rather liked it too much which was a reminder of why I just don't tend to make stuff like that. Sigh.

Enjoy your day.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening! Just stopping by to check the day's news.

Contgrats to your DS, Jennifer.
Cottage, whoo-hoo!! Great job to you daughter.
Pearl, glad you are safe.

We had wind for the last 24 hours, but nothing like the mid-west. It did, however, keep me up last night. There's some sort of primeval reaction to the sound of wind, I think.

Starting to plan for the upcoming holidays. Picked up a few Christmas gifts this weekend which is gratifying; also got the outdoor lights up. With Thanksgiving so late I will have to be organized!

Have a great evening, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 11-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Closed Thread