On Plan Thread Nov 11 - 17

• It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

How's it going for you?

Of course feel free to share your daily on plan menu
  • Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)

***Off work today, so I slept in and missed breakfast***

Greek Yogurt
    V8

Omlette w/ egg whites, green pepper, onion & cheddar
    Glass of skim milk

Grapes

"Pulled" pork w/ franks red hot
    Coleslaw
    Green Beans
    Glass of skim milk

Cucumber w/ ranch
  • Been absent, but staying on Phase 2 - along with DH -
    Meals for the day:

B: scrambled eggs, mushrooms, ham, V8
    L: cheese, sliced veggies, hummus
    S: cashews
    D: chili salad
  • Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

2 Eggs scrambled
    V8

Coleslaw
    Greek yogurt w/ blueberries
    Slice of my peanutbutter banana bread w/ a dab of icbinb
    Diet coke

Hotdog salad
    Green beans
    Glass of skim milk

Cucumber slices & rf cheddar
  • Plan for the day -
    B: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, ham, lf cheese, V8
    S: veggies and hummus
    L: grilled chicken, grilled onions/peppers, romaine, tomato salsa, guacamole
    D: home-made pizza - whole wheat pita bread, nsa sauce, lf cheese, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms
  • hi ladies

ugh, where do I start? got to 158 and was excited to get to the low 150s, and then I went to Vegas and came back 165. Been going from 162 to 163, to 164 now 165 again! With my lowest in the last month being 163.5

sounds like I need to get back to the beach, huh?

any ideas and suggestions for starting up phase 1 again? It's like I forget my menu I used to follow after a while and then can't seem to get back on track...

*sigh* I'm retaining so much water right now, too. like 5 pounds! What foods do you find it easiest to start and stick with? I do know that beans are my friends!
  • Welcome back Syckgirlsfv! Good to see you again

Beans are always good, I also usually have a stock of cheese string, nuts/seeds, pre cut raw veggies and a few different dips (ie; ranch & hummos)
    I eat alot of salads, so I usually cut up a whole head of romaine, so I have easy lunches for a few days in a row... just throw on the toppings and 'add-ins' and your good to go.
    Good luck!

Now on to my daily menu:

Phase 1.5 (Fruit no grain)

2 Eggs scrambled
    V8

Chicken veggie soup
    Greek yogurt w/ blue berries

Meatballs (homemade w/ no bread crumbs) in nsa marinara
    Green beans
    Carrots
    Glass of skim milk

Celery w/ pb
  • I'm with Lindsay, except I eat too many nuts!! I find I do better if I have a snack of either yogurt/dairy, or hummus with veggies. These always hold me much better!

I will admit, I couldn't resist the other half of my daughter's bagel yesterday (asiago garlic? How could I? Wouldn't want to waste!). I was just happy that it didn't set off cravings, and I wasn't hungry early (didn't eat lunch until after 1 pm).

L: white chicken chili
    D: deep dish spaghetti squash pie

I'm debating if I should eat the spaghetti squash for lunch, or if I want to make the panera squash soup...
  • Asiago...YUM! that's the thing that's hard to avoid is bread. I love bread, but luckily phase 2 permits sourdough and that is my fav.

I do eat salads every day for lunch already...romaine with avocado, chickpeas, usually some form of crumbly cheese (which I don't have today), and usually an energy nut mix from Costco that has pumpkin seeds, edamame, almonds, and dried cranberries but I'm out of that, too! Today I brought cucumber to add to it, too.

Breakfast is hard because I need fiber...and the high fiber cereal I eat really helps my digestive system. I get tired of eggs so I need to find something else to switch to. Planning on starting Monday, but still trying to eat mostly that way until then.
  • Syckgirlsfv I always find breakfast hard, usually just turn to eggs... and then every once in a while I remember that just because its breakfast doesnt mean I have to have "breakfast food".
    You already said beans are your friend, and they are extremely high in fiber, so why not make a nice bean salad for breakfast? Or top some heated beans w/ rf cheddar and a little salsa for a tex mex breakfast?

Tammy That bagel sounds awesome, bread is such a weakness for me.. glad it didnt cause you any cravings!

Todays menu Ph 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Peanut butter banana muffin (no flour recipe)
    V8

Greek Yogurt w/ blueberries

Egg salad (dressed w/ mayo, mustard, s&p) served on romaine lettuce w/ cucumber, red onion & green pepper
    Diet Coke

Chicken & Veggie Soup
    Glass of skim milk

Veggies & Hummos (If I am not too lazy to finally try making my own)