3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Nasty November 1st (friday) on the beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/289313-nasty-november-1st-friday-beach.html)

TwynnB 11-01-2013 06:00 AM

Nasty November 1st (friday) on the beach

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!! (Now I'll have good luck this month, right?)

It is some kinda wicked out there this AM! I woke up early, and couldn't fall back asleep because of the wind and rain on our window. Alas, the coffee is almost done.

I am off to a work conference with a colleague tonight, should be a nice weekend. Darned fancy hotel (the omni), hopefully they'll let me in ;). I did realize though that their "continental breakfast" and "free lunch" are probably not south beach friendly, which makes me quite sad when I've been doing so well this week. I think there's a fridge there, I might bring some healthy snack options to help anyway.

Otherwise, I have the morning off to pack and clean (and nap?!), then work this afternoon.

Anyone with exciting Friday plans?

cottagebythesea 11-01-2013 06:38 AM

I said it too, Tammy! :bunny2: Too funny! Have a nice weekend at your conference, it sounds fancy-smancy!

I should head out of here to get over to the DMV before the severe weather hits. It's going to be bad enough having to drive in rush-hour traffic. They open at 8:30, but unless you get there early, you're stuck waiting for hours, and I don't want to spend my day off sitting around there.

Later!

WaistingTime 11-01-2013 06:53 AM

Good morning.

I can't believe it is November already!! I found it surprisingly easy to resist the candy we gave out at work yesterday, at the neighborhood party, and the little bit we had in the house. I did eat before the party and rush home to make the chocolate egg recipe. (I'm sure it has a more glamorous name but that's how I always think of it.)

This morning I'm off to the gym with my mom and trainer. I'll have to talk with DH when he gets up to see if we can find a dry place to hike; I'm sure our usual trails will be closed for several days since we got so much rain. And since I'm not working it's a good day to try one of the many vegetarian (and SBD-friendly) recipes I've been collecting.

Have a good one.

Lexxiss 11-01-2013 07:46 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I was very pleased to see our rabbit this morning! I need some good luck!

I'm staying at home today. I acquired a cold and I need to kick it now. I've been drinking ginger root/apple (vitamixed) and am going to do as little as possible today. I do have to go up with mom and get into a rental that was vacated as of yesterday and survey the damage. She hasn't had alot of luck in that department lately. Oh, well.

Happy Friday everyone!

Ruthxxx 11-01-2013 08:06 AM

Good morning. Slept in a bit and missed the rabbit! Now it's November and it can be cold if it wants. I do want a few days of Indian Summer though. Today it continues to rain but the temps are reasonable.

Had over 40 tricksters here last night ranging in age from a year old to Jack, Heather's son, who was a very adult 15 looking after two younger kids. Of course he didn't mind that I gave him goodies. I pitched all the leftovers into the trash this morning. I suppose I could have donated to the Food Bank but would have been embarrassed after all the lectures I've given on healthy eating.

Today I was planning to pull out the Village planter flowers but doubt that will be done in the rain. Last week's frost really finished them off and we need to get the Christmas decor in place before the earth freezes up again. (We being not me as I'm boycotting it.) Not sure what else the day will bring - maybe a quick run to town but I'm trying very hard to remember why. Actually I'd love a peaceful three day weekend.

TGIF and welcome November. Clocks go back this weekend and it'll be nice to see a bit more light in the morning. (I don't mind the evening dark - unless I'm driving in it.)

jekel383 11-01-2013 08:54 AM

Good morning, yup I over dud it with chocolate. Awoke in the middle of the night with an angry tummy. Phase 1 day planned. Actually just finished my smoothie at the car dealership. Figured I better be prepared as I have a few errands to run today.

it is yucky here too. All plans will be indoors. I have to walk or ride each day (dr's orders) I am going to try and get on the bike for an easy ride. My mobility is greatly reduced as I am wrapped like a mummy. I shuffled around the house, but didn't do what I was supposed to. A long nap took hold over me.

Ruth I cannot wait to set the clocks back. Yeah an extra hour of sleep before my long work week :) It is the little things that make me happy.

I did manage to lose a pound 1.4 pounds this month. I haven't been under 142 in months so I a, quite pleased. I set my November goal for 3 pounds, but will be happy weighing less on December 1. After all eating season has begun! yikes!!!

TGIF all :)

Pearlrose 11-01-2013 09:09 AM

Good morning,

We had more trick or treaters than we normally do but still have half a bowl full and DD2 got enough to fill up another bowl. I am sure that the rest of the family will quickly go through it as most of it is chocolate. I did have 4 pieces but like Jekel am doing Phase 1 today to make sure I don't delve into any more.

Tywnn enjoy your conference and hopefully they will have a few choices that are SB friendly.

Cottage hope you got there early so as not to have to wait in line

Karen good luck finding a dry trail

Debbie hope you kick the cold quickly

Ruth thanks for the clock reminder

Jekel hope your recovery is quick, but it seems like at least you can move around since they want you to do a mile each day.

Today I am in office rather than doing wfh so hopefully it will fly by quickly. Not sure if there is anything on the agenda tonight or tomorrow other than cleaning. Sunday DH is going to football game so it will be a quiet day that I am looking forward to.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

cottagebythesea 11-01-2013 10:56 AM

I was in and out of the License Center in 15 minutes, but the storm hit as I was driving home and it got so bad that I pulled into a shopping center to wait it out. Happily, there was a Kohl's there, so I did a bit of Christmas shopping while I waited for the weather to calm down. And what a mess! The expressway was shut down because of numerous accidents and Jake called to let me know there were two trees down on the boulevard behind our house. Traffic just crawled but at least I made it home safe and sound.

We didn't have as many Beasties and Goblins as we usually get so we were handing out our candy by the handful just to get rid of it. We still have leftovers, but they won't tempt me in the least, and I got through yesterday without sampling anything. I did get hit by a tremendous craving for a pumpkin blizzard or pumpkin ice cream on my way home, so as soon as I got in the door I whipped up my Healthy Pumpkin Mousse to stave off my cravings, and that saved the day. :D

OK, my washer just did its' little jingle to let me know the load is done, and then I want to get Cyndi's recipe for that Savory Bean and Spinach Soup in the crockpot, so I'll pop back later.

I hope your day is going well!

TwynnB 11-01-2013 11:03 AM

Surprisingly Cottage, I have no temptation for halloween goodies right now. Don't ask me Monday, since I doubt I'll get thru the weekend without grains of some sort. I'll do my best though!

I just did a 3.5 mile run with the pup. Considering she had to stop 3 times to pee, once to poop, and twice to play in the creek (such a delightful creek!), we did pretty well :D. It's a wee bit windy out there, but the sun on the orange and red leaves makes our Mt. Nittany look like she's on fire!

Now to finish packing, get groceries for the family, and then get to work!