South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Mutters & Murmurs - Chat for October 21

Good morning! (I'm muttering because I see snow on Wednesday's forecast and murmuring because it's' too early for that nonsense!)

The audit went well yesterday and I seemed to get lots done around the house - almost caught up with laundry. I had planned to spend this morning doing a financial report for the Mill Board meeting but that may not happen. When Jazz and I were having our morning cuddle, I found a lump on his head. I suspect it's a tick that managed to avoid my daily inspection and has settled in. Anyhow, we are off to the vet this morning as soon as they open.

I'll wing it at the meeting this afternoon - I do have profit and loss stuff for the Sept. 27 dinner and the Thanksgiving Festival. That should distract them.

Looks like a busy week ahead. I guess I'm getting back to "normal". It's been just over 4 weeks since I cracked the ribs - guess I should be more patient as the doc said "six weeks if you are good - and I know you won't be good"! I have cut way back on the Aleve and Tylenol so I guess I am healing.

Hope your Monday and your week are just great.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Move It & Lose It MONDAY! Daily Chat for 10/20

Good morning! It's time to get moving and motivated for a brand new week! With the string of holiday celebrations looming right over our heads, it's time for me to get serious and get in shape or I know I'll be full of regrets with the start of the new year.

I know I'll have a busy day at the farm today since the girls had friends over all weekend for a sleepover, and there will probably be a grocery run since they've probably raided the pantry. It's going to be chilly all week, and I'm thankful I made several soups yesterday for lunches. Today, it's going to be Black Bean & Squash Chili.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  

Egads! SNOW in your forecast already, Ruth? I guess it is that time of year.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmmm, Cottage, I think anything with black beans in it has to be good! Hope the sleepover girls didn't make *too* much of a mess for you!

Ruth, has it really been 4 weeks already?! Glad you are on the way to healing.

We went on an awesome hike yesterday (the same one we did mother's day with all the big big rocks!) and it was an absolutely perfect day out! We were quite lucky, no ticks found on the tick check! (although we had lots of the little buggers crawling on us during the hike...ewwww....).

Today is back to the grind. I decided to get up earlier to get things done, so I'm accomplished already today!

I have the last of my ham and bean soup for lunch .
Old 10-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #5  

Hey Cottage, I don't know about you, but we have snow in the forecast this Thursday (?) as well!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #6  

Yikes, Tammy, I haven't checked that far ahead yet!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #7  

Eh, neither have I. DH is the local weatherman and informed me .
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Back to a normal week here, thank goodness. We had a sneak freeze overnight so I think our late tomatoes are at an end. It's been so nice finding tomatoes and zucchini still at the market but it is late October so I guess I can't complain.

Ruth - We have had a terrible time with ticks this year,Cricket and us. Yesterday we went for a short woods hike and I had 2 on me when I got home. Maybe I won't complain about the freeze last night.

Time to hit the road, more later
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Snow??? I saw in MN they are having some today but SNOW??? Brrrrr!

I have taken up nail art as a hobby while unemployed these last 10 months. Just did Halloween yesterday (instead of heading to the store like I said) and love them! So today, it is off to the store, for real. Up and at 'em!

Have a good Monday y'all!

Jenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1374804_10153364914600015_1105961733_n.jpg (39.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. My cold is still lingering on and I am dragging. Got to the gym with my mom and trainer today and DH is planning to make me hike this afternoon. It is COLD here!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW190/CW170.6/GW140

Height: 5'7

Good morning ladies ... I am in MN and yes ... Winter started today I am happy to have a fitness center @ my work and can move my walks inside to the treadmill Enjoy your day everyone !!!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Monday everyone! Just got home from work and am on my way to the exercise bike but I wanted to check on the news first. (Everyone knows this is where the real news is, not on the TV)

Ruth, I saw the s-word in our long term forecast as well, but I am ignoring it.
Glad you are feeling better.

I indulged over the weekend (so what else is new) so I am going to try to be very mindful of my food this week. For me the problems start with the snack after work and continues after dinner.

Off to ride my bike. Hope everyone's day is a good one!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-21-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Beth I have the same dilemma. This past week being sick (and lazy) kept me away from the snacks. The last few nights when I thought " hmmm a snack would be nice" I didn't give in. Instead I went to bed. Didn't care how early either. Apparently at night I crave rest not snacks and TV. Who knew lol Geanted when I feel 100% again this might change.
Closed Thread