3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thoughtful Thursday on the Beach 10/17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/288742-thoughtful-thursday-beach-10-17-a.html)

TwynnB 10-17-2013 06:24 AM

Thoughtful Thursday on the Beach 10/17

Happy Birthday Sir Walter the Magnificent. Our feline terror turns 2 today!

It's honestly not a very thoughtful day for me. A long day of work that I think is booked, so hopefully will go fast. I guess work will make me think a bit today, eh?

You'd be proud of me. It's national tech appreciation week, and the boss got the techs cake yesterday (and a friend got us muffins from wegman's...mmmmmmm....), and I resisted BOTH!! Big ole pat on the back. The boss lady did ask what she should do today for them, and I told her that they really enjoyed the afternoon ice cream a few months ago. Maybe that! (I *can* resist!!)

Jennifer, hope you are feeling better today!

cottagebythesea 10-17-2013 06:32 AM

Happy Birthday, Sir Walter!Is he getting a special treat today, Tammy? Maybe save your ice cream for him? ;) Kudos for not caving in to the muffins yesterday; those Wegman's muffins are yummo but lethal!

I'm determined to take a few minutes to check in this morning. Life has been in high gear all week, and Dad is being re-admitted to the hospital this morning so I'll be out of here soon! I forgot to mention that my girlies took RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION at the Pa Horse Show Monday night!!!

Ruthxxx 10-17-2013 06:34 AM

Good Thursday morning! Tammy, I too keep track of my darlings' birthdays. Disney's is the day I adopted her.

Actually slept right through the night :cb: - if you call 11 to 5 through the night. My body seems to be getting back into it's 5 a.m. wake-up mode. Sure wish I could change that for the dark winter mornings. When I worked, I went to work for 7 and my internal alarm is stuck at 5:20. Grrr!

My fridge is getting pretty bare - two peppers and some lettuce is bare! Now that the back/ribs feel a tad better, I plan to wash out the crispers and take a trip for veggies. I seem to be craving fruit and will get some of the local apple crop plus some oranges. I've been really good about taking my vitamins but know I need some natural Vit C to speed healing.

Not sure what the day will bring but do know that I have a pile of accounting to dig through and should take some cuttings from my outside plants to bring indoors. Rain is predicted for tomorrow and most of the weekend :( so outside stuff should be done today. Of course some hand sewing with the heating pad will be on the schedule.

Since it's Thoughtful Thursday, I may just have another coffee and contemplate my day! Join in! :cofdate:

Ruthxxx 10-17-2013 06:36 AM

Congrats to the Darling Girlies, Linda! Give them a hug from their pseudo great aunt. Yes, you MUST check in here for your own (alleged)sanity. Will be thinking of you and Dad this morning. Is he to be in hospital just for the day or ??
:hug:

TwynnB 10-17-2013 06:43 AM

Ruth, glad to hear you are getting back to normal!!

Cottage, YAY for the girls!! My boss said that her daughter did okay, but with competition from people like Steven Speilberg's daughter ($$$$$$), she didn't come close to winning. Is dad okay?

cottagebythesea 10-17-2013 06:53 AM

Ruth and Tammy, Dad is having a procedure done to unclog his carotid artery in his neck and will be in for a few days. He hasn't had any more black-out spells since his blood pressure meds were readjusted, though. :crossed:

TwynnB 10-17-2013 07:03 AM

WOOHOO Cottage! Modern medicine is amazing, so glad they could help him (and find that clot before it went really bad!).

Ruthxxx 10-17-2013 07:15 AM

Right! I didn't realize what the procedure was. I guess the Draino solution wouldn't work?

jekel383 10-17-2013 07:30 AM

Good morning. Linda congratulations to the girls, quite an accomplishment. Hugs and prayers to you and your dad.

Ruth I have the opposite problem, my fridge is packed. Sadly with odds and ends no real meals. I guessed what I needed at the store yesterday while I waited for my prescriptions.

Tammy you are AWESOME for resisting!!!! I haven't been really hungry, but lazy when deciding what to eat. I know it is because I do not feel well. Today I am starting off with my usual breakfast smoothie and coffee.

Today's plans include worrying, napping and an oil change for the truck. Worrying because I trusted DS to use my car today. He had hardly any gas and I did not have cash at home. Figured I am not really going anywhere so he could use it.

Well I guess I better pay some bills since it is Thursday.

WaistingTime 10-17-2013 08:26 AM

Good morning.

Tammy - Way to go with resisting.

Linda - Hang in there. Hope all goes smoothly with your dad.

Ruth - My internal alarm seems to be getting earlier the older I get. Where was it when I had kids at home who needed up for school or a job to get to in the mornings?!

Jennifer - Hope your nap doesn't include dreams about DS and the car!

I'm working this afternoon. Cold is hanging on but not horrible, just annoying. Eating has been good and the scale has FINALLY moved. Yesterday flew by, most of it spent on the computer doing stuff for our family charitable foundation. We have our annual conference call this weekend to decide who gets grants.

Have a great day, all.

jenne1017 10-17-2013 08:55 AM

I am happy to share a birthday with the Sir himself!!! :) We also know our bitties bdays and celebrate as well!

I am keeping a low profile today. Feeling a bit of the SBD flu but staying on plan. Have a good one ladies.

jekel383 10-17-2013 11:49 AM

Happy Birthday Jenn!!!!! May the SB flu pass quickly!!!! Sir Walter enjoy your birthday too!!! My oldest pup turned 14 on the 15th he shares his special day with my Aunt Gail, 79 and my cousin Kevin 52. My little pup turned 8 on 7/27.

CyndiM 10-17-2013 06:50 PM

:wave: It's a crazy, crazy work week so just a late evening fly-by from me. This morning I was out the door by 5:45, home around 5:30 and creating and printing more table materials for tomorrow. I did get myself out for several walks today, good thing because the food choices were pretty awful. Tomorrow is the dreaded vegetable lasagna so I'm packing a lunch. Why do they always serve that at conferences?

Happy birthday Jen and Sir Walter!

Glad to hear you are feeling better Ruth.

Just two more days and things should slow back to the normal crazy pace.

Beth19 10-17-2013 06:50 PM

Good evening! This is the first time today that I managed to sit at the computer for non-work-related time.

Normal busy day at work, followed by a dental cleaning, a 45 minute workout and an hour of yardwork time. The 10 day forecast looks increasingly ugly and there's a section of garden that still isn't cleaned up. With any luck it will happen...

Happy Birthday to Jenne! (and Sir Walter)
Linda, congrats to the girls and hope your Dad heals quickly.
Ruth, glad you are feeling better!
Jennifer, did you get your nap?

The scale and I are quarreling this week. I had made some progress in September but this week it is moving the wrong way. Need to get with the program again!

Hope everyone had a good Thursday; remember tomorrow is Friday!!!

Lexxiss 10-17-2013 07:30 PM

Hi!
I had to be at work @ 530 this am....then headed up to the project and out in 2 hours painting. Tomorrow I'll be at the project around 6 then rake my am to Denver at 11. Crazy days but the only way I'll ever have time to myself again is to keep moving forward.

Happy birthday Jenn (and Sir Walter)!

I wish DH would show up....It's getting to be dinner time.