South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #16  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage It's Sunday so I've been up since 5:30. So hard to drag out of bed in the dark. We have nothing but sunny days all week. Maybe you are getting all our rain? If so, I apologize. Hope you get some clarity on your Dad's health and they have some ideas to help.

I've got a crazy, busy week ahead so need to make some things we can eat on the run. It might be time to try that taco bake again. I wasn't a fan last time but maybe I'll like it better now.

The cats are insisting it is time to feed them so I better do that before they get really cranky.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks. I'm a bit grumbly this morning, DD was up with a yucky stomach last night, and I haven't had coffee yet. I think I'll have a cup of that butter toffee this AM to perk me up.

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS day, which was unexpected. We went over to a fall festival and really enjoyed it. I guess that means I have to do chore stuff today.

Keurig just heated up, and I'll be more coherent shortly...
Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I don't mind taking your rain from you, Cyndi. We actually needed it. I don't like getting up in the dark, either. I was surprised when I looked at the clock this morning and saw that it was 6:15 already! I thought it's be only around 4 or so. As for the taco bake, I didn't care for it until I started doctoring it up and playing with the recipe. I like to use Trader Joe's refried black beans in it, and make it really spicy, and put a layer of spinach over the beans.

Tammy, I hope DD is feeling better and you get a chance to relax today!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I am sitting with my coffee (Tammy, do you need a cup? hope DD is feeling better) and enjoying a Bean Muffin. I can't believe I had never tried that recipe before!

Yesterday was a great weekend day: I got my groceries in the morning, had some delicious bean soup for lunch (amazing what you can find in the freezer), did some yard and garden cleanup, DH grilled for dinner. And I love knowing Monday is not a work day!

Today looks to be a nice day so I will probably be filling the wood crib in the basement since the rain and chilly temps move in tomorrow. It's the time of year where any day could be time to start up the woodstove. After that, I'd like to do a little more yardwork.

Cyndi, have a productive day cooking and planning! And I will second that getting up in the dark stinks!

Time for more coffee.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, the days are getting 3 minutes shorter daily. I wonder if it's much less than that on Beth's side of the River.

I'm tired this morning - dare I say exhausted? I do have a big pile of money from the Mill Festival yesterday and must get the bulk of it counted, recorded and off the kitchen table. I was too tired to get it into the safe last night - bad fiscal control!

Karen made a rather vague invitation to dinner at her house for tonight. I offered to make a dessert but have not heard back. Guess I'll play that by ear. A quiet supper of veggie soup followed by TV and early bed sounds lovely! I don't even need to make or thaw the soup as I inherited two servings of leftovers from the cafe yesterday!

The sun is up now and I just realized this room is much brighter now that the trees in the lane are trimmed. On the other hand, most of the leaves are down. Hmm.

Enjoy this glorious day.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
Waving from work...just sitting waiting for the after church crowd to hit the restaurant. Yesterday was jammed with leaf lookers. Life is just getting busier but I'm stay op and am avoiding stress eating.

I miss you all-I read daily yet often don't have time to post.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #22  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

I too slept in and my day got started way too late! But I've been up and cooking which is saying a lot for the last few weeks.

Enjoy what is left of Sunday chicks!
Closed Thread