South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Misty Monday Beach Chat 10/7

Good misty morning to you. Both the sky and I are misting today. Me because after 24 glorious days I am returning to work. Other than my normal days off I do not have vacation time until Thanksgiving. Sigh. Not complaining just being dramatic today lol

I did manage to catch up on all my household chores yesterday. I do need to figure out a way to only go grocery shopping once a week. My DS eats!!!
I even managed puppy pedicures yesterday. Not that either one of them were thrilled. It is so much easier using the dremel tool instead of clippers. My poor old guy has a nasty hot spot (he usually gets one good one this time of year) Looks much better this morning after giving him Benadryl last night he left it alone.

Well not much on the horizon. Will see what awaits me at work. At least with the warm weather we have not switched to winter uniforms yet

Have a great day
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! Thanks for starting us off, Jekel. I'm wondering if I moved further from the grocery store (3 minutes), if I'd go less often . My kids don't eat that much...yet. Hope work goes well for you.

This is one of those mornings (how appropriate for a Monday) that I feel like a bulldozer ran over me and the bed. Hopefully when the coffee kicks in it will feel better!

Just work, as always. I am looking forward to my lentil sausage soup for lunch today .
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, it's a very good thing you don't have to wear you winter uniform yet. You'd be sweltering in this weather! I was really surprised how warm and muggy it was when I walked out of the airport in Philly last night since it was pleasantly cool and raining in Boston earlier in the day.

It was a fun, lovely, weekend and I'm in love with Boston! It's such a pretty city and I think we covered every inch of it. On foot. That's good, though, because part of our fun was comparing who had the best chowder and who had the best cannoli.

Alas, all good things must come to an end and it's back to work today, although I don't have to go in until later, thank goodness.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Only a moment for checking in....still important. I'm keeping up with you all from my iphone.
Twists and turns continue....one coworker is off for a week for 50th class reunion and another has a family member with hospice in final days. It means a fast regroup at work. Counting this previous Saturday I'll work 9 of 11 days.
So I will plan my meals, continue to exercise at home and watch my wallet grow. lol. On that last note, I'll take the checkbook to work today and give the heating guy a large check so he can start on the heating for the "project". It will move forward while I'm busy.

Hi Jennifer and Tammy! Jennifer-thanks for getting us started this morning!

I am one who has had to learn to really plan ahead with the groceries since my nearest healthy store is an hour RT. It was a definite think through but now that I'm in the groove I love it. I have ample stocks of dry stuff (beans, coffee, etc), freezer stocked with applicible items, I buy my laundry soap in multiples and store them in the basement....then I make one run a week for fresh veggies, yogurt, creamers, almond milk etc.

Well....gotta get the chores finished before work.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just two work days and then a mini vacation. We really need some time away and are looking forward to this one. Even the little dog gets to go. We are both dealing with assorted work stress and figuring out best ways to move forward so some time and distance will help.

Jennifer - I am not good at planning meals a week ahead. I see some new recipe I have 90% of the ingredients for and immediately change my plans. It was worse when I worked in town (half hour away) but I can still do enough last minute pick-up around here this time of year.

Tammy - Did I ask about that recipe? It sounds yummy. We didn't get the warm weather here, it's been all 50s and damp so I am definitely thinking soups.

Cottage - Boston is a great walking city. When I visit DD we usually end up with 8-10 miles of steps by the end of the day, and it's so much fun I don't even notice. Still sad I didn't get there but I know I'd be even more stressed this morning if I had.

Debbie - Once again I need to learn from your experience. Maybe now that the weather is less appealing I will have more incentive to plan ahead.

Well I've got a To Do list ready and waiting so time to get to it. Okay Monday, here I come
Old 10-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good misty morning, Jennifer, Tammy, Debbie and Beachers to come. Our mist is actually light rain which is supposed to happen all day. My tree guys were scheduled to come today but I suspect they'll cancel because of the weather.

There's a quilting meeting this morning but I am going to go in late since I really can't bend over a table pinning together quilt tops, batting and backing! Darned ribs are sure taking their time getting better. I'll go in to give my financial report and pay any bills and then beg off.

Donna came by yesterday afternoon and picked up wee Lulu. It was strange to have just two dogs to pet this morning. After they left, I found myself browsing through Petfinder! I got out of there really fast though since two dogs is really enough.

Hope your Misty Monday is also marvellous!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I grew up outside Boston. For me it is the classic "great city but I wouldn't want to live there." When I go back I always have to get lobtsa roll. Yum.

Off to my last workout with the trainer and without my mom today. Then DH and I will hike if the trails are open; they were closed yesterday.

I'm going to try to vegetarianize a soup today. It's a crockpot recipe that DH and I loved but we'll see how we feel about it without the ground beef and beef broth. It has lots of cabbage so stinks up the house when its cooking.

Have a great day.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - I thought I posted the recipe long ago, but apparently not. I get obsessed about it, I think it's the thyme. It is definately one of my favorite dishes.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lentil-...e7=Home%20Page

I will admit, it sure ain't pretty!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #9  
Alyssa Nicole

S/C/G: 169/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! Today is my first day on the lovely diet. I am so unprepared. Being in between jobs means no money for the major grocery shopping that needs to be done. I have many things I still need to buy. I have no veggies in my house. Since I hate veggies, this diet is the only reason I will be buying them.

I am about to make breakfast. Simple ham and cheese omelette. I have Boars Head Deluxe Ham so I don't really know if that is a good enough ham for this diet. Since its all I have for now, I will have to deal.

It's only my first day and I have no idea what to eat all day. Seems this diet is going to be hard for me during the first few days. I'm hoping support and motivation from others working on this diet would help. I'm already a very picky eater so this is going to be a HUGE challenge for me. But I am ready for it and ready to try and make some changes.

Here goes nothing. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Our cool October cool front FINALLY came in, so we're experiencing perfect weather; high 40's for lows and high 70's for highs. We woke up chilly this morning and DD decided she wanted back in bed to snuggle with her dolls and wrap up in her blankets. (The fact that it's the only place she's allowed a pacifier probably helps, too.)

We had an amazing but long weekend in Dallas and will spend the day recovering. We were supposed to head to MOPs this morning, but I slept right through my alarm. I'm kind of relieved, though, because we really need some quiet at-home time. I may take DD to the park later, though, because this weather is too good to waste.

Well, DD is yelling to be let out again, so here I go. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am a sleepy head this morning just didn't sleep well at Saturday and Sunday night. Funeral is tomorrow but I did rearrange my schedule enough so I can go and then I will just wfh even though it is Customer Service Week.

Jekel it was in the early 50's this morning and high will be about 68 today so it will be nice this afternoon. I am in the same boat no vacation time left for this year. (Well I have time but only need to take 3 more days for minimum usage requirement before Christmas week).

Twynn I had to drink a diet coke to get some energy may have to take a 5 hour energy to get through the day

Cottage glad you enjoyed your weekend in Boston

Debbie whew that is a lot of work but it will be helpful for your project.

Cyndi hope your two days fly by

Ruth that is funny about looking at more pets, DD2 is always wanting to add to the collection we have

Karen enjoy your day

Allysa to the beach

Kim enjoy your lovely day today.

Today I have to run DD2 to Ortho and then we have Awana this evening, I believe that 5 hour energy drink will be calling my name for sure.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening ladies.
Wacky weather here today. It was 71 and sunny when I went to work at 7am, but then the storms moved through and it was 57 when I came home. After work I did some exercise and am now waiting for Tacobake to come out of the oven!

We have staff development Friday so it feels like a short week, although Friday is really just "different" rather than a vacation day.

Sorry I didn't make it in early; I did not sleep well and was slow getting out of the house this morning!

Here's to Monday being in the rear view mirror!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-07-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Sorry I keep disappearing, ladies...I finally get on the computer at home for a second and it hits me that I need to check in. Still waiting to hear something from the job at the University. I called Wednesday to check in and they said they were still waiting for the Lt. to get the list to them of who to call back. I will be shocked if I don't get a callback...but I guess we'll see.

Cottage - I’m about an hour outside of Boston.

Jekel – Yep, there is a dispatch position available now. I was going to apply and the deadline snuck up on me…it was today. Oops!

Lexxiss, Pearl, and Beth – Thanks for your reassurances! I always worry about posting that late, LOL

Cyndi – Yes ma’am, I saw your post from the weekend…thank you!

Still don't have my room all settled. I was supposed to be working on it more this past weekend and ended up only working on it Friday. Saturday I had a first date w/ a guy I've been talking to for a few months. He was absolutely perfect...I may be smitten. I'll put it this way...the date lasted 6 hours, LOL

Other than that I've just been working. I hope you ladies have been doing well!
Closed Thread