3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   In need of support - again . . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/285230-need-support-again.html)

ultimatebea 07-24-2013 01:46 PM

In need of support - again . . .

Dear All -

Many things are still amazing in my life: great husband, great kids.

The not-so-amazing things I choose not to validate by writing them down: first world problems, as I like to say. However, they seem to have really taken over. I want to get back on track, and I know the only way to do that is to START SOMETHING. But the days go by, and I have not.

Today I hit baby delivery weight from 13 years ago. Whoa. So, I turn back to all of you for support and accountability. South Beach works for me; I know it will again, and I know the self-recrimination for letting it get like this is not helpful. Just can't quite turn it off.

So, please remind me that it does not matter that I didn't start before, just that I start.
And today looks like a good day to start. Well, ok - technically I already had waffles for breakfast, but I better not choose to let that be a reason not to start now - it will be yet another excuse.

Hope to see you all daily -

Chilibean 07-24-2013 02:26 PM

bea,
You know, if you look back instead of forward, you'll never get anywhere! Forget the waffles and look to planning the rest of the week! Good luck :)
Funny you should need support... I do too! I have been craving sweets all day. The only change to my diet yesterday was having an artificially sweetened drink mix. Would that cause cravings?

jenne1017 07-24-2013 06:56 PM

Bea -

Today starts a new day, a new life. Hop back on!!! We're all here!

(and we've been there!)

Jenn

jekel383 07-24-2013 09:18 PM

Hi Bea so glad you are here with us again. Keep checking in, it truly helps. Everyone here needs support at times. Also, it is so important to celebrate little successes in your journey. Not just the weightless, but positive changes you see in yourself. I took CyndiM's grateful jar idea. I put little notes in it throughout the year of positive things either I've done or just things that make me happy. Today, despite being completely stressed and anxious I resisted eating crap (fast food) and waited until I finally got home to eat. Eating leftovers, that I made, actually made me happy. The "old" me would have driven right to a window and chowed down on any numbered meal. We are all here for each other. I truly believe it is almost impossible to lose weight and keep it off without a support group that may or may not be your family and friends. Especially when your support group faces similar struggles too :) Don't beat yourself up instead pat yourself on the back for picking yourself and coming back :)

WaistingTime 07-25-2013 08:13 AM

Oh the shoulda, woulda, coulda thoughts that I've had! You are so not alone. In your struggles or as you move forward.

Pearlrose 07-25-2013 08:39 AM

Been there as well, I finally fessed up back in January to myself and my ticker how far I had back tracked and started the journey again of going downward. I have lost 29 lbs so far this year and am hopeful that I will be at my goal for this year of 50 lbs by December 31st. This group is what keeps me on track and holds me accountable to myself just by reading their posts.

We know you can do it.

Lexxiss 07-25-2013 08:42 AM

Welcome back!

penmage 07-25-2013 09:14 AM

Welcome back!