South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Friday fireflies Beach Chat 7/5

Wide awake after working until midnight. So why not start the daily thread. It was so hot I thought I was going to melt. I do not like being in crowds. it was a zoo. Not too many idiots, but the ones we dealt with were real winners!!

The highlights of the night included being treated to dinner by a great Italian restaurant by the park. They treat the first responders every year. It was awesome and I managed to stay OP! The best part of the night was seeing my son. It felt so good to hug him. We both got a little misty eyed. We are having lunch tomorrow. Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Ruth I can only imagine how beautiful the flowers must be.

Debbie a mani pedi sounds perfect

Natasha hope your shift is I eventful. Did you go on your date yet?

Beth hope you are up and around soon

Penmage I have to be very careful around carbs. Oh the bloat! if I have bread at an Italian restaurant then no pasta for dinner. Tonight I skipped both Probably because I was hot and tired lol

No coffee in my cup, just water. I'll join you for coffee later. Enjoy your morning
Old 07-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

In a few hours we are off to Alaska! Long day of travel through Seattle. We'll need to claim our luggage there and go through security since we change airlines and they don't play nice. Two flights but no plane change to Sitka.

Set my alarm just in case, since I don't sleep well when I know I have to get up, even though I NEVER sleep late. But set it wrong and it went off at midnight. And then, of course, woke up hours before I needed too. Can't imagine how long it will take me to adjust to the 3 hour time change.

See you in a couple of weeks!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a safe trip, Karen! Alaska is on my bucket list and I hope you'll tell us all about your adventures and have pictures when you get back.

Jennifer, although I haven't been posting, I read about your DS's friend and my heart goes out to all of you. Suicide is such a sad and tragic ending and leaves so many questions unanswered. I'm so very, very sorry.

I apologize for not being around the past few days. We lost our beloved Susie Monday night, and I needed some time. We're all doing OK now, though, and getting back into our normal routine.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

After being away for 24 hours, today feels like Monday but if it's Friday, I'll take it! Just lugged out the trash (pick-up a day late because of Canada Day) and must have lost some weight from mosquito bites! They were just waiting for me out there.

Yes, we got more rain again! I don't know what happened to gentle showers because we get downpours lately. I need to dump at least an inch out of my rain gauge every morning and my side flower box has drowned out completely! The porch ones are OK since they are under the roof overhang.

Not sure what's on today's agenda but it'll probably involve the Mill, some garden puttering (if it dries up a bit) and some wedding prep. The Bride is starting to panic. I may take a run into town to see if I can find something to wear for tomorrow's event. It's going to be another hot one and the Town Hall has no AC. I suspect the cousins (with kids) may pop in. They all have cell phones but never call. They just get in a boat, come down the Lake and show up, assuming I'm here. Hmmmm .... going to town is starting to look better.

TGIF, dear Beach Babes.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, glad to hear your night went fairly smoothly. And what a nice gesture for the restaurant to treat you! Hope DS is doing okay.

Ruth and Debbie, good luck with all the wedding events!

Karen, I would LOVE to go to Alaska. DH and I were just talking about how great that trip would be. Safe travels and have fun!

Karen and Cyndi, enjoy your trip as well.

Penmage, good luck on the job search.

Natasha, Monday I had arthroscopic knee surgery. I fell on in the ice in February, and after 4 months of conservative treatment (PT, rest, draining fluid) the pain was not eliminated nor did I have full range of motion so it was time. In the grand scheme of things it isn't major surgery, but it feels major when you're in the middle of it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful (OP) Friday!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Linda, I am so sorry to hear of Susie's passing. I know you two were very special to each other. Take care and glad to hear from you.

Karen, safe travels!

We slept in and I am heading to the pool. We'll head East later today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jekel that was nice of the restaurant and yeah for staying op

Karen enjoy your trip!!

Cottage so sorry to hear about your loss...

Beth hope your knee is coming along and can start moving

Debbie enjoy the pool and the trip over the mountain

Had a fun day yesterday but am tired today glad it is wfh and hope to get a lot accomplished once everyone leaves the house.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #8  

good morning. my name is lisa. im new to this thread and am starting my first day of phase 1. i have lost 50 pounds on weight watchers but the weight is now coming off super slow. i figured i would try southbeach. would be great to lose up to 13 pounds of mostly belly fat in two weeks! today im going to make a run to the grocery store. i plan on making southbeach chili and southbeach meatloaf, mashed califlower. i also plan on picking up some boneless chicken breasts, and steak. well i look forward to getting to know all of you and reading your posts. have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread