Wake up! It's the weekend! June 29th & 30th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning. The sound you hear in the background is yet more rain. My side flower box is completely waterlogged and the begonia plants are floating. Sometime today, I need to punch a hole or two in the bottom to let it drain.

This is a long weekend for us with Canada Day on Monday and there are usually lots of visitors in town from cottages and the campground. I'm not sure what will happen but I am not counting on crowds at the new exhibit opening in the Mill or the three day second trial run of our little cafe. Guess we'll just have to go with the flow.

When (and if) we get a break in the rain, I want to do some tidying in my front flowerbed. The peonies were nearly over and the rain really finished them. The garden looks like someone has dumped a load of Kleenex on it.

On we go with the weekend, rain or shine.

P.S. Been listening to Carole King a lot and here's an ear worm for us:
    You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
    And show the world all the love in your heart
    Then people gonna treat you better
    You're gonna find, yes, you will
    That you're beautiful as you feel.
  • Wading Through the Weekend SBD Chat for 6/29-30
    The sun is shining on The Beach so far this morning, and it's delightfully cool for a welcome change. What a wonderful start to the weekend!

I having a Thirty-One Party this afternoon, so I have to make a fruit salad this morning and make a cheese tray, but everything else is ready. I think people come more for the food than for the merchandise, LOL. I told everyone to bring their swimsuits so we can lounge around the pool afterwards, so I'm really crossing my fingers that the weather holds.

Pour yourself a cup of your favorite brew and let's linger before our day starts.
  • Good morning, Ruth. We were both posting away, but you won and I did the merge. Did you feel the tingle? I wonder if your rain will bring more people out for something to do. I can only hope so!
  • Morning ladies!

Cottage- I love thirty-one! I have one of their lunch bags. I'd come to your party, but I'm about 8 hours from Philly

Ruth- sorry about your waterlogged plants Happy early Canada Day!

I just got back from breakfast. A little hole in the wall place, but it's delicious! They make the best cheese omelettes ever. As far as plans today go, I have NONE. Lazyyyy Saturday. Might go to a movie tomorrow- Monster University! I may be an adult but I still love kids movies.

And I know this was from yesterday's thread, but YAYYYY! jenne is BAAAACK! Welcome back! We missed you!

Have a great (hopefully DRY) Saturday chicks!
  • Good morning sunshines! Ruth, I wish I could be visiting for Canada Day! A second best would be the thirty one party (that's only because I'm not a good shopper ).

Even thought I really didn't want to, I hauled my bum outta bed and went on a run. It was a beautiful morning though! I knew if I didn't do it now, it wouldn't be done later. I work today 9-2, then groceries/household, then DH is the official fire starter/maintainer at the church bonfire. (he'll be so happy, the little pyro guy...)

I bought some good coffee for this am. I'm so darned frugal I tend to just get folger's, but this is such a nice start to the day!!
  • Good morning!
    I'm sitting on the porch with the pup saying hello from my iPhone. Love that!

I've been up but picking up around the house because Kirk is traveling back over this morning. Believe it or not I stayed up way too late last night.

Penmage, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. That is sure difficult I hope you're okay.

Jenne, I'm glad you're back I've missed you. I do South Beach and anti-inflammatory combo. I know we're all different but I do fine with pineapple thing I learned about the pineapple is that the core has the most anti-inflammatory so I always throw the core in my smoothie. I always do my pineapple fresh because there are more of the helpful enzymes in the fresh.

We got a big dump of rain last night and are designated for cooler temperatures all this next week. That sounds good to me.

Have a great start to your weekend everyone. I'll be at work.
  • Good morning Chicks It's a relaxing morning for a change. My friend's flight got delayed so I ended up with an unexpected day off yesterday. Got most of my shopping done so I have some free time today.I'm trying to get some cooking done before it gets too warm, then some local errands. Tonight we are doing Relay for Life. I'm going to whip up a batch of my snack bars to bring. Hope the rain holds off. Looking ahead to an easy 2 day week then of to NY to see my parents and wedding wear shopping with Mom.

Oops, looks like we have the wrong dates up. Hard to believe it's the end of June already.

Ruth - I do love Carole King. Now I want to load the iPod

Cottage - fruit salad around the pool sounds like a perfect day

Penmage - Hole in the wall places are usually the best breakfast spots.

Twynn - I need some of your morning energy. I'm an early riser but I like long, leisurely wake-ups.

Debbie - Ditto on the pineapple. There's actually no fruit I've had trouble with unless it's dried. Then they are all dangerous

Jen - lovely to see you back here You aren't the only one that's working some kind of modified for health plan. I also follow anti-inflammatory, 90% grain free, and ave switched the dairy I eat to full fat (which disagrees with some, but not all, anti-inflammatory diets). The basic whole foods, mostly vegetables and lean protein aspects of SBD are still the bedrocks of my eating so it works for me. Prednisone is the devil, glad you are only on it for a short time.

Okay, off to get the day going. Laundry in and first batch of dried beans ready, time for the next chores.
  • Okay, edited the thread dates. Don't want anyone thinking they have an extra June day to get things done (I can't be the only one that puts everything off until the last minute, or the minute after that)
  • Good morning.

Jenne -

Had an early hike. I'm worn out. Working this afternoon. Tomorrow will be a repeat of today. I also need to stop at Costco on the way home today and do laundry. Beautiful weather here.

Have a great weekend.
  • Good afternoon, ladies (and gents, if I missed some coming in). Been busy lately, but trying my best to check in here more.

I made the decision to draw a line in the sand. No ifs ands or buts about it, I will be in Massachusetts by August 1st. I'm excited! I'm also a little bit bummed b/c I just met a super nice guy (we've been talking for about a month now) and our first date is next weekend...but I don't want to get too attached when I'm going to be leaving soon. But Massachusetts is what's in my heart...and if it's meant to be w/ this guy, things will fall into place.

Oh, and the biggest news I have...I won my weight loss competition w/ my cousin!!! LOL
  • Way to go Natasha!! I may be in the Boston area, but only for a day in September for another century ride. It will depend on my flight to Texas the next day.

Welcome back Jenn

We actually had a gorgeous day. Enjoyed Joseph's baseball game. Watching the Tour de France. Getting motivated for our ride in the country lol
  • you all rock

I would love for you all to share some of your meal plans with me. I am thinking that, come Ph 2, I am going to try going wheat and maybe gluten free. I don't know that it's a stomach trigger but it won't hurt for me to try. The thing is, I don't really understand the whole wheat and gluten free thing so I've got a lot more reading to do (some of it is in the anti-inflammatory books).

Food shopping tomorrow (too much pain today) morning then back to scrapbooking and a new nail design. I lead a very excited life these days!
  • Foggy Morning here, hope it burns off before we ride. Got up extra early to have my smoothie and coffee before I leave. Keep you fingers crossed the rain holds out until we are finished.

Happy Sunday
  • Good Sunday morning! Too wet to sit on the back deck for coffee this morning - yes, we had another deluge! The ground is saturated so there are puddles in the dog yard. At least everything is green!

Got through the ribbon cutting ceremony yesterday without any grammatical glitches. We fed people cookies and lemonade which was probably not a good move on a day when our little cafe was open. I had lunch there with some of the "dignitaries" and it was very good but sure was not busy. Had a nice nap after that, did a bit of sewing and sorted laundry to wash today.

This morning I'm going over to sister Joan's for coffee which should be fun. She has her three kids and their spouses plus the grands including Micah who is six months - my very favourite baby age. I just realized the family tree chart needs updating on the "twigs" before someone wants a copy.

I'm planning to have a quiet Sunday afternoon at home today. Maybe I'll just sip iced tea, hand sew a quilt binding and listen to music. Next week is very busy and I need to re-charge my batteries.

Tomorrow is Canada Day and the Village will be booming with concerts in the Park and fireworks out on the Lake. The dogs will go nuts from the noise! that the weather is half decent.

Happy Sunday.
  • Good morning! We're all rejoicing here that we got through an entire 24 hours without rain! But it is lurking and threatening to be here later today and will be an unwelcomed guest the rest of the week.

Sorry about your rain this morning, Ruthie, but I do love to sit on the porch in a rocking chair with my coffee and listen to it. Your afternoon with Joan and her family sound like great fun!

We had a really good day yesterday, lots of friends and family here. Today promises to be relatively quiet after that with just puttering around the house. Jake wants me to go to Home Depot with him to pick out some landscape lights for my back yard garden path, and I have to pick up a few groceries, but that's about it.

How about another cup of coffee, anyone?