Weekend beach chat 6/22-6/23

• Good morning 11 hours down 1 to go!!! I used to work the overnight shift for years. Now I barely make it through one!!! I can hear my bed calling me. So while I slumber this beautiful day away, how will you spend your day?
  • Sleep well, Jennifer. When I was younger, I could hack all-nighters at work but no longer.

While you sleep, I will be off doing pet therapy with wee Jazz and then go to check out the bread sales at the Mill. I am really hoping to get some gardening done this afternoon. My peas and strawberries are producing enough for one person so I'll plan a yummy dinner tonight.

Had a great Book Club meeting last night at Toni's down on the Lake. The mosquitos even left me alone, probably because I have no blood according to the nurse yesterday. We actually discussed the book for a change - The Zookeepers Wife. Next meeting is July 19 and we are to have read The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It'll be at a house on the other side of the Lake and will be great fun. (This is NOT a really serious book club but DWARPS aka Drinkers With A Reading Problem!)

Time to get moving and see what the day brings. At the moment I have no idea where Jazz is but am hoping he's upstairs sleeping on my bed. If not, he's probably outside excavating!

Enjoy your Saturday whatever you do.
  • Good morning. I've been up for a while, drinking my coffee and enjoying the peaceful tranquility of the early morning. My grandson, Tyler, just came downstairs, though, so there goes the end of tranquility, LOL!

I hope Jennifer is slumbering away but wakes up early enough to have time to enjoy this gorgeous day.

Enjoy your day, Ruth, and what kind of bread are they making at the Mill today? I still remember that lovely cinnamon raisin bread. Mmmmm!

Jake and I are taking Dad out for breakfast this morning at the Amish smorgasbord, and do a bit of shopping at the market. This afternoon I hope to take a dip in the pool if it's warm enough. The grandkids have been enjoying the pool but it's been too cold for me so far!

Well, I'd better go fix my hair and get going. Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • Morning ladies. It's a lovely morning here, sunny, the birds singing, flowers. Love this time of year.

Not much but the usual today. Laundry, Farmer's Market, cleaning, a trip to Lowe's for some more tomato cages, garden puttering. This is the kind of day I love. DH even grilled extra chicken last night so dinner is 3/4s made.

Enjoy you morning and your day!
  • Good Morning

I'm going to spend my day at work reminding myself ONE DAY AT A TIME. I woke up pretty overwhelmed about all the stuff happening this next month. It will all happen. Today:
    1. work
    2. stay OP
    3. get some rest

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning.

DH and I hiked already. It is so hot an humid here we were dripping with sweat! I work the closing shift tonight. This afternoon I'll keep my foot up and read or catch up on some cooking shows.

Have a great weekend.
  • Thanks Linda been up since noon puttering around the house. Enjoying my morning smoothie soaking up some rays. Decided to stay home and relax. may work on my tan lol
  • Good glorious morning! Sunrise was quite lovely today on my commute. Cannot wait to see what the ride home brings. Slept like a rock! All set for OP eating for the week. Already looking forward to next Sunday. We are doing a bike tour of the Hudson Valley. A coworker is joining us too! Should be fun. Have a great day
  • Glad you slept well, Jekel, but no sunrise here this morning. (Actually there is one but Mother Nature has covered it with gray curtains!) We have rain, t-storms and who knows what else predicted for the week. There certainly will be lots of complaining from the local farmers and campers.

Yesterday just flew past with Pet Therapy in the morning and some stuff at the Mill in the P.M. I also went to The Falls to pick up my wine order, , looked after my friend Heather's animals late in the day and was pretty wiped by dinner. The dogs and I cuddled and shared shrimp and salad. It was early bed for us all.

This morning, I'm going to drive to Brockville to make a bank deposit and see if I can find some fabric for a quilt I'm binding for a friend. She did give me the binding but it's not enough to do the whole quilt. I am going to avoid the garden centres because the weather does not bode well for getting anything into the garden this week. I guess I'm going to consider my veggie garden a "wash" this season.

Time for another coffee and something interesting but healthy for breakfast. (I've kind of had it with strawberry smoothies! KWIM?)

Hope your Sunday is a nice mix.
  • It's a glorious morning here, but it promises to be a scorcher later on. I think it will be a lazy day spent swimming and lounging by the pool and grilling burgers and veggies on the grill. My idea of a perfect summer day.
  • Good morning I've already grocery shopped, done 2 loads of laundry and baked breakfast bars so I guess I'm awake We just had a lovely three day off stretch with nothing planned. I can't remember the last time that happened, it's never more than one day. We got chores and errands done, hiked twice, kayaked and swam. Now back to serious chores, then work tomorrow.

I seem to have myself back on plan lately, definitely a good feeling in many ways. One thing I've learned, sugar ramps up my hot flashes. In this weather that's something I need to remember! I have decided to move my maintenance weight into the 150s. Although I can, and did for almost 5 years, maintain in the 130s it's just more deprivation than I really want for the rest of my life. I can stay in the 50s and have an occasional off plan item (like ice cream at the farm) or a whole grain food without problems. In the 30s that's not the case and I just don't have the motivation to be that strict anymore. Funny thing is, when I first started South Beach I would have been ecstatic if you told me I could keep my weight in the 170s

Okay, on to other cooking chores before it gets too hot to run the oven. Happy weekend Chicks