2 weeks phase 1 - only lost 3 lbs

• Hi all,

My last SBD experience 2 years ago was awesome. I lost 25 lbs in 2-3 months. I've gained back 10 lbs and wanted to get back to my lower weight (and not buy new clothes...again). This time I followed similar menus as I still have all the menus from two years ago. No real changes. However only 3 lbs and I am just stuck for the last week at 139.9.

I'm wondering if the sugar free hard candies that I eat (2-3 day) could be an issue (although I ate them the last time out).

Is there a good thread or website with info about moving into Phase 2. It seems like staying on Phase 1 at this point is...pointless. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
  • The primary goal of Phase 1 is not weight loss, but the loss of cravings. How much do u weigh? The less you weigh, the farther you have to go in terms of weight loss. Join us in the daily chat.
  • Bella's right. Also, most of the weight loss in P1 is water. You have done great maintaining your loss. It may take several weeks to lose 10 pounds. Two weeks of P1 is "recommended." Do you have the SB book? Look up on the forum for posts about transitioning from P1 to P2. The food lists are also posted so that might help. If I remember correctly you are an avid runner. Don't forget your body needs fuel to burn. Good luck and welcome back.
  • She said she's 139.9.

I'm in the same boat, though I have a lot more to lose, almost two weeks in and I've lost 2.5 lbs. Frustrating but I just have to keep going plugging along. I guess for me though, that 2.5 lbs isn't water weight as I generally try to stay away from salt and "junk" food.
  • I think it is very typical to lose the most the first time around. And also the fact that you have so little to lose will probably mean it goes more slowly. But on the bright side, you have so little to lose

I can't imagine those candies would make a difference.

There are a few great threads in the FAQ section. Check them out for transition to PH2. The key is to add back slowwwwwly.
  • Hi Karen! *waves*