Finally Friday Beach Babbling - June 14

• Good morning. Happy dogs this morning - just in from charging around the yard. For an old dog, Disney is pretty fast but Jazz can run circles around her and does!

My peonies in the front bed are just gorgeous and the first on today's list is to pick a few for my desk. (Actually the first is to get dressed. I've been loafing around too much in these early mornings. I'm up way too early these days - been talking to Body about that but she still is wide awake before five. Silly babe!)

Today I need to get to the butcher in the next town to get a hunk of pork for pulled pork as it's "girls and kids" dinner here on Sunday. I am so thankful that the fence is fixed since there will be three extra dogs along. I do love our monthly "family" dinners. Shared cooking is the way to go. We always dole out the leftovers which is a help for working mothers. I'm hoping the dessert Heather brings involves strawberries - local ones are just starting. She is an incredible dessert cook, just like her mother Claire.

Have a great Friday, Beachers and think about your Dad over the weekend.
  • Good morning!

Ruth, I'm glad you don't have to worry about Jazz, or any other dogs, escaping from your yard anymore. We're almost through our strawberry season, and they've been especially sweet this year. I hope yours are just as good.

I'm accompanying Jake on his doctor's appointment first thing this morning, then I have to run out to the farm to stay with the girls until Cindy gets home from work, and I'm hoping to be home in time to catch the 3 o'clock train into the city to spend the rest of the weekend with my DD and GD.
  • Morning Cottage, Ruth and chicks to come!
    Another sunny day here. (yesterday's sun deteriorated into mid-day rain)
    Ruth, good news on the dog fence. Cottage, glad you have been enjoying the strawberries. I've heard rumors ours will be late due to the cold and wet.

Off to another day of school. Looking forward to the day my summer vacation begins.
  • Good morning I'm thinking of growing mushrooms in the lawn. Yesterday turned into rain all day and today we are back to 50% chance of more. I sure hope we get the three days to dry out before more rain hits. I so need to get out for a walk!

Ruth - Your dinners sound lovely. Makes me want to plan something similar around here.

Cottage - Our strawberry season is just starting. I'm hoping the rain doesn't ruin them. Enjoy your weekend!

Beth - You must be far enough north to have slightly better weather this week. My friend in Montpelier actually went to her son's game last night but down here it would have been impossible.

I made reservations for our girls' camping weekend at the end of July. I think I booked the same sites we had last year. I can't wait. It was such a good idea - biking, hiking, swimming and wine drinking. We observed that women pack very differently from men camping. It was all salads, some cheese, chocolate, and wine, no beer, junk food, or hot dogs.

In other fun news, trying to figure out overnight plans for us and family for DD's wedding. I'm happy she found a place she likes to hold the wedding but the cost of hotels is staggering. That will be the weekend project.

For now I'm off to work. I've already worked 39 hours so I'm making it a short day. I vowed not to overwork all summer. Farmer's Market then grilling and a bonfire for date night (should go to Home Depot but it can wait). Happy Friday!
  • Good morning.

Off to the gym with my mom. Our regular trainer is on vacation so we are working with a guy who subbed for her last time she was gone. I have a couple of quick errands to run. I work this afternoon. I enjoyed the hike DH and I took yesterday; our first one that wasn't on a paved trail.

Enjoy your day.
  • LOL Cyndi, Home Depot IS date night around here!!

DH has the day off, so I was able to get up at 6:30 for my walk instead. What a difference the hour makes! It says it's only 71% humidity, I swear it's more like 140%. Now I'm going to make a quick pinto bean salad (mmmmmm) and then off to work for the day.

Be good! Have a great day!
  • Geez I sleep in until 8 and I feel like the day is passing me by!

Mmmm strawberries, we are almost in season. This wet weather has put us a little behind schedule. We lost power last night, but I slept through it. DS spent the entire day with me. Was so nice having him home. Indidnt plan in him for dinner. So we roughed it with pizza. I am paying for it today lol.

Today is groceries, going to Joe's for an overnight, bike ride and hopefully some gardening. If I don't get a move on nothing will be getting done.

Next week will be a little crazy as I took 2 OT shifts one is an overnight. I have a feeling I will be "helping" DS buy a car before summer's end. A little extra $$$ would be nice.

Enjoy
  • Good Morning

Slept in a bit and still need more coffee. I've written a list for today. I'm by myself again and feel I need some structure since I'm a tad agitated about the big $$ it's going to take to fix Kirk's DD's car. I need to just accept it, I think, since it's the vehicle she/fiance/baby/sister/nephew are going to drive to Minnesota for her wedding on July27 (pulling a uhaul) Oh, well. I'm glad I enjoy my job.lol.

Food has been OP and I've been avoiding emotional eating. That's progress.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning,

A quick check in from our hotel in Flagstaff, our layover on the way to Texas today and tomorrow the long haul back home. We have had a great time traveling the US, we have seen mountains, deserts and oceans all on the same trip, gotta love this country.

My eating went very well on this trip but with no scale I do not know how I have fared so that will be first thing I do on Sunday morning lol.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the first part of the summer season even though we are not official at summer.

Gotta run we need to get back on the road.
  • Morning ladies...

Egads facing a HUGE dilemma Every Friday at my work they have a meeting, and they always have bagels and donuts. I never get the donuts but my stomach is saying "come on bee, HALF a bagel" and my brain is saying "NO! Just cuz the scale was up half a pound doesn't mean you go crazy!"

*cry*

I just keep telling myself it's JUST a bagel and I've had them before, no big deal.... I'm going to sit far away from the bagels
  • Beerab, don't give in! Hello, lovelies! It's gonna be a lovely weekend!
  • Hope you didn't give in, bee. For the record, bagels are worse than doughnuts, LOL That help any??? If it's too late for this time, remember it for next time!!!

I didn't sleep for crap today and now I have a headache...but it's my long week at work. Boooooooo!!! On the plus side, 1 more week until my birthday weekend full of camping and fun!!!

Hope you ladies had a great Friday!
  • Awww, bagels are definately NOT worth it! (now a bear claw....hmmmm.....)
  • Finally a sunny day. Grilled beets, asparagus, chicken sausage, and ahi tuna with sauteed beet greens and a glass (or 2) of wine served next to a bonfire. That's my idea of a Friday night Hope you are all having your ideal Friday night Chicks.