Thankful Thursday Beach Chat, 6/6

• Morning ladies!

Like the title says, I really AM thankful this morning. Not so much towards the scale, as it didn't move (wishful thinking), but just in general. I watched 2 episodes of Supersize vs Superskinny last night, and WOW. The health issues that some of these people have (not the specific person, the "example" people) - the pills, the machines, the missing limbs or fingers or toes... it's really sad. And scary. I'm thankful that, although I did let myself get to an unhealthy weight, I didn't stay there, or gain more, and am able to reverse the trend before any permanent damage occurs.

I'm also thankful it's not Wednesday anymore, which means it's one day closer to FRIDAYYYY!

Made a huge batch of chili last night and portioned most of it out for lunches, so I'm prepared there. Contemplating what to do for breakfast, but I'm not really hungry. Maybe just coffee and a mid-morning snack.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Wow, Penmage, you cranked us up and closed us off yesterday and here you are again. Thankful is a good title even if we sometimes have to look for the things to appreciate.

It's rainy and 54º here and the dogs were very reluctant to go out. Too bad because I did get to town yesterday and have a car full of veggie and flower plants. The forecast is for two more days of the same so they will have to wait. I don't have a problem with gardening in the rain but my clay earth packs down and turns to concrete if you walk on it.

Donna comes to clean today after being off with a broken finger. This house sure needs it! Tidying up will be first and I need to move the rest of my house plants outside. The porch is not properly cleaned but is useable.

Right now, I'm going to lug the trash to the road which will be a good start on the tidying!

Have a good day.
  • I wish I could have a garden but the landlord says that's a no go. Good thing I work at a farmer's co-op or I would feel seriously cheated!

I had a balanced breakfast this morning. I'm going to walk to work even though it is raining. I like the cooler temperatures right now. It is a nice change.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Good morning!

Rain is on it's way here, but right now the sky is clear. I'll be spending most of the day keeping Susie company and running errands for her since she's not allowed to drive anymore, but I'll have to run over to the apartments to do some paperwork this afternoon before the girls get home from school. It's been a rough week, and I'm looking forward to the next 3 days off.
  • Good morning thanks for staring us off Penmage. What a nice way to start the day. Sometimes we don't always remember to be thankful. Today I am thankful for the life I have. I may not lead a glamorous life, but I do live the life I live (such a cliche). Believe me I felt completely differently a few years ago.

Ruth glad to hear you do not need a root canal. Glad Donna is better. Itbis overcast so I may be forced to clean today too

Hannabeanies that is great walking to work and where you work. When I retire I would love to work at a local farm.

Today I have a meeting at DS's school as they would like to change his schedule for next year. I cannot believe he is going to be a senior. Otherwise just the usual.

Won't be on the forum tomorrow morning as I am working OT very early in the morning. I am taking the OT in time instead of money. Joe and I are doing our first bike tour together at the end of the month. He did great riding yesterday.

Oh well time for more puppy petting then get ready for the meeting. Have a wonderful day.
  • Good morning chicks! Tis always good to be thankful, even though it's not obvious...I'm so thankful I made it safely home yesterday! The zoo was fabulous, but for some insane reason...the teacher put the two WORST KIDS in my car. Lemme tell ya, I am lucky I still have hair left! The other adult in the car said it was our punishment for not being involved moms (hel-LO, we work!!). She was kinda kidding about that.

Today is just a long day at work, so hopefully nice and boring. I walked close to 7 miles yesterday between my morning jog and the zoo, so I took today off (well, for the morning one anyway).

Have a great one, y'all!
  • Good morning I am officially enjoying the first long weekend of my new work hours. We are heading to Cape Cod for the weekend. The original plan was biking but there's so much rain in the forecast we aren't even bringing bikes. If things suddenly get better we can always rent them but I hate leaving them out in the rain all weekend. I'm sure we will get some beach walking, birding, and restaurant exploring in along the way and hey, no work

Ruth - Glad you dodged the root canal

Penmage - I often think the same thing, just glad I got things under control when I did. I see so many peers who are on piles of meds and have lots of restrictions already. There are no guarantees but I'm going to do what I can to stay as healthy as possible

Hannah - a framer's co-op sounds wonderful! My garden is very limited this year because we were busy moving. Luckily we have a CSA and lots of local farm markets.

Cottage - It's almost the weekend!

Jennifer - I always say I'd rather have time than money. Hope it's a relatively easy stretch.

Okay, need to write a few notes from yesterday's work then start getting stuff together for camping. I think we will stop at Target and get a shelter, just to be safe.

Might not get back until Sunday night unless it's really rainy.
  • Good morning.

I'm doing my Friday workout today. I'll be confused all day! Then I take my kid's former nanny for a doctor's appointment. Yesterday DH and I saw the new Star Trek Movie. We go to the theater so rarely. Our travel documents arrived for the cruise part of our Alaskan vacation. Just over 4 weeks away now!!

Have a great day.
  • Karen- Alaska is so beautiful. I really want to visit sometime! Everyone who goes there that I have talked to says they just loved it!
  • Good Morning

I am thankful today to have a food plan and the willingness to follow it. I'm just about to head out the door to Denver for mega errands. I'm hoping to be home before lunch.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Have a great day, all. I have eight more days, b4 I eat 2 servings of fruit.
  • Afternoon all! I'm thankful it is Thursday because that makes tomorrow the last day of classes for the year. Next week we have exams but then it will be summer vacation. I'm really glad the governor has not gone through on his idea (threat?) to lengthen the school year!

Raining her today so no gardening. I'm really pleased with the progress I have made in my messy flower beds over the last week. Now you can almost tell there is a plan to what is where.

Off to put in some laundry before I make dinner.
  • Good afternoon, ladies...just checking in and saying hello. Volunteered to pick up another overtime shift tomorrow night, which will put my hours for this payroll at 110.5 (80 regular and 30.5 overtime). Funny, so many employees on my shift whine about needing OT for the extra cash, but when the opportunity comes up, they never take it. I don't know if they think money just falls in your lap w/o you having to work for it or what. *shrugs* It's frustrating, though.

Anyway, gotta do payroll and the schedule, so I better run. Take care!