3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Fabulous Friday Beach Chat 5/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/282647-fabulous-friday-beach-chat-5-31-a.html)

TwynnB 05-31-2013 05:42 AM

Fabulous Friday Beach Chat 5/31

Since yesterday was truly thunderous, I'm giving us the great title of fabulous, so that everyone will have a fab friday! I can't believe it is the last day of May....weren't we just talking about the S word?!

Yesterday evening was a bit tough, but today is another day! We have a LOT to do before camping, which I gotta admit is interfering with the joy of it. DS forgot he has a huge project due Monday, and you guessed it...he hasn't started it. Then, he was quite the little :devil: last night, and didn't work on it then either.

So, since I woke up way earlier than I should, I figured I can work on some of the stuff....like making some texas caviar! (black eye pea salad). Hopefully I won't eat *too* bad!

Anyone with exciting plans?!

CyndiM 05-31-2013 05:55 AM

Good morning :coffee2: The dog woke us up early so we decided to take advantage of the cooler part of the day to get that moving done. So glad today is the day and it will be over this afternoon. Most of the work today is moving plants. I'm going to take what I can and then enjoy starting new gardens.

Twynn - We are going camping Thursday, to Cape Cod with bikes. Can't wait but I'm dreading finding all our stuff.

Okay, better get to it before it gets hot!

Ruthxxx 05-31-2013 06:26 AM

Good morning from already muggy Delta! We are in for our first really hot and humid day so I am switching into summer mode with laundry and cooking done early. I finally feel as if I can get out my summer clothes and stash away the winter stuff. Last weekend I was wearing winter stuff as the temperature was 35ºF. Today we have 84 predicted with very high humidity so it will feel over 100. Crazy weather!

Cathy and I did get well over half of the Village planters done and she is going to get more flowers when she goes to town today. The township watering guy starts on Tuesday and I plan to ride around with him in his truck and show him the barrels. Last year's map of the locations didn't work out well as some consistently were missed. :shrug: I suspect the watering person did not understand the Village map.

Not sure what the day will bring. My front porch still needs some work so I may get at that before it gets way too hot. Tomorrow is an overbooked day with a Rock-a-thon at the hall, the deconsecration service of our Church and a poetry reading booked in the evening. Heat and t-storms are on the menu and it sure would be great to just park my butt on a clean and tidy porch.

TGIF for sure! Wishing a great weekend to you all whether moving plants, packing for camping or just waiting for the weekend!

WaistingTime 05-31-2013 06:53 AM

Good morning. It's stormy here: thunder, hail. I go to the gym with my mom this morning. Later DH and I have some errands to run. We'd planned to go yesterday but I got called in to work instead. My eating has been good. I'm going to try a new bean chili recipe tonight. I can't believe that May is over already!!

jekel383 05-31-2013 07:51 AM

Good fabulous morning everyone. Ahhh a day to myself no major running around. Going to try for a better ride today. Yesterday I thought I was a better rider then I am lol. Darn hill, more like mountain, got me fell like a ton of bricks! At least a woman stopped to see if I was OK. Then on the descent my water bottle went flying. I walked back up to get it. That was the final straw lol.

We did have an awesome dinner last night. The carrot cake was worth the drive to Nanuet. Today is a new OP day :)

Pearlrose 05-31-2013 08:38 AM

Good morning,

It is a another rainy, windy, stormy day so I decided to drive into work versus taking the train didn't feel like dealing with it this afternoon.

Yesterday I hurt my knee, being hearing so much about squat challenge decided to do (not a good idea after running on Wednesday) and by mid day my right knee was killing me. I used my magnets last night and am wearing them today and already feel better so should be good to go by the time we leave on Monday for trip.

I have to agree with everyone I cannot believe it is the end of May already so surreal to me.

Have a wonderful day today on all of your adventures!

CoCo Local 05-31-2013 12:12 PM

Finish up my P1 on Tuesday! I've been surprised at how much my appetite has waned on SB. I eat, log my food (to make sure I am getting enough nutrients, etc), and then move on with my day. It's odd.

Since my apetite waned, I was getting worried about falling into Ketosis, which is why I decided to log what I've been eating during phase 1 to make sure I am eating enough carbs from good sources, like veggies, hummus, etc.

I have a fairly decent amount of weight to lose, so I've been a bit bummed about what I've lost so far (7 lbs), but I am really happy to see how my energy has been so consistent! I've even cut my coffee habit down to one single cup in the morning.

Looking at next week, I am going to try to incorporate my exercise into my day. I have a pretty hectic job, but I think even squeezing 30 minutes for a run might be a good idea.

jekel383 05-31-2013 02:04 PM

Coco Local half a pound a day is great!!! I sneak in exercise at work (stairs instead of the elevator, I am on my feet a lot). Make sure you drink enough water everyday especially with this heat

CyndiM 05-31-2013 02:11 PM

We did it! We are 100% out of the apartment and all our stuff is at the house (though not unpacked)! We even dug up, moved, and replanted a big perennial bed in 90 weather. Now to relax for the afternoon. So glad to have that done

CoCo Local 05-31-2013 04:16 PM

Thanks, Jekel. I went into this knowing it was going to be a long road since I've got a bit to lose, but I think the losses so far have been pretty great. I've been trying to drink 8, 24 four once bottles of water daily. I think it's a lot, but then again, I could use the bathroom breaks at work :)

I am looking forward to starting phase two. I honestly found eating on phase one to be pretty great once I got past those first few days (wheww). I don't want to stay on this phase forever, but I am excited about reintroducing quinoa next week!

Beth19 05-31-2013 05:29 PM

Just checking in this afternoon.

The most fabulous part about my Friday is that work is done for the week! It is SO hard to keep the kids focused at this time of year. There are end of the year activities (distractions) that keep conflicting with the "it's time to get serious and prepare for exams" mindset. For some fun I may go to the drama club production tonight.

Stopped and bought some replacement cucumbers on my way home but I think I'll avoid the 90* weather and plant them tomorrow. The forecast is for a string of nice days, with the possibility of a stray thunderstorm here and there. I've been making progress in the flower beds the past few days and it is gratifying to get them tidied up. My yellow iris are starting to bloom; so cheerful!

Hope everyone's weekend is filled with the right amount of activity and relaxation!

BellaLucia 05-31-2013 06:46 PM

Good Evening, everyone! My job interview went well. I'll know by next weekend, if I got the job! Please pray, send good thoughts my way. Thanks! Tomorrow is the beginning of Phase 2, for me! I am excited! Originally, I'd chosen to see a movie, for my reward, but I changed my mind. I ordered my reward, & it's two books. One is a weight loss book. The other is a Harlequin Presents novel. My next goal is to complete 2 weeks of Phase 1 cleanly. What do u think my reward should be?