Back in!

• Good evening!
    I normally don't post- usually I'm a lurker. (Not sure why, in person I go on and on and you can't get me to shut up up sometimes!)I'm back on the beach after a few years (and FAR too many pounds) I'm 10 days in and doing well (though I had too much ff Cool Whip the other day- I should know better!)

Anyhow I just wanted to post b/c I had a great moment today that most people I know wouldn't get, but I know here people will relate. (oops, starting to go on and on!) I had a book club meeting for my students- complete with pizza and junk, and I was NOT tempted! (Of course it's not great pizza either, but that never stopped me before.) I got out my HB eggs and cukes and V8 and ate right there with the kids with no problems. Then I went to a training workshop where a co-worker (who is a great cook!) made cookies- again, not tempted!
    I guess I can say I was really proud of myself!
    I was successful on the Beach a few years ago, but gained everything back and then some! I've tried to get back in, but never made it past the first week. I just really want to make it this time- to be healthy, not just b/c I need to fit into my summer clothes since I refuse to buy new in a larger size!)
    --Linda
  • Congratulations!!!!

Its an amazing feeling not being held captive by your cravings... its a moment where you truely feel "I CAN DO THIS!!"

Thanks for sharing your success.... and I hope you feel free to come out of the shadows more often
  • Congrats/Welcome!
  • Congratulations on resisting temptations!!!
  • Good for you!
  • Hi Linda! Welcome back! Congrats on your success, so far, and I hope we see you around more often!
  • And sometimes it really surprises me when I cave into to a food a used to LOVE and it just doesn't do it for me! Now that's another great feeling.
  • Great Job Beth I know all too well how when going off plan those craving can hit.You're back in the zone and well on your way now
  • Thanks for all of the support!
    I also realized I've been most successful when I've checked in here and at least lurked a bit!
    Seeing others' success has been inspiring!

And today I actually had the energy to run the "50 yard dash" with students about 2 dozen times this morning. I don't know if I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning, but it felt good to do it and not feel winded too much and not go back in to the school and stuff myself with junk!