South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wake up Wednesday Beach Chat 5/22

Rise and shine

Thankful today is my Friday. The train is extremely crowded this morning which is quite odd. Happy to be sitting. Also happy Joe's kidnapped chicken came home last night. Something got it the other night and he really thought it was dead. The tattered chick came home yesterday! Poor girl. She even laid an egg yesterday. I know the odds were really against her, but I firmly believe in positive thinking. So maybe I sent good vibes her way

What's on everyone's agenda today?
Old 05-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Somebody kidnapped a chicken? What the cluck! Glad she came back and the adventure scared an egg out of her.

Really bad t-storm here late yesterday afternoon. Disney was more frightened than I've ever seen her. Poor girlie! Jazz just says "Meh" in Russian and ignores the ruckus. Luckily we did not lose power - actually I was a tad disappointed not to be able to run the new generator.

I tried to buy plants for the Village planters yesterday but things were really picked over from the holiday weekend shoppers. I was tempted to buy some big baskets of petunias and just bung them into the half barrels but then did the math. My helper has sort of blown the budget by buying half-barrel planters for $85, rather than the $45 I usually spend. Duh!

Rain and more t-storms today so I will spend the morning catching up here in the house. We do pet therapy at one and then I meet two other quilting ladies at the bank to do some account switching. Jazz will be accompanying us as a guard dog since pet therapy is in Portland as is the bank.

I really want to garden but it's not looking good (i.e. dry) until the weekend and I'll be tied up at the Town Hall both days with Open Doors and an art show plus our new wee cafe opening on a trial basis. I may get a miner's hat with the light and garden at night! That's be interesting with the coyotes, skunks and other nocturnal visitors.

What's happening with you today? Wanna come up here and eat up the rest of the darned cookies which tempt me so much although frozen? I should stash them in the basement freezer!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

It's my extra day of work today. I have to be there by 530. I'm going to miss my morning time but will enjoy the extra $$. Mom and I headed down to the greenhouses yesterday after I got off work. It made for a very late night. I think I just about have time to enjoy one more cup of coffee and get my morning smoothie in.

Jennifer, amazing about Joes chicken!

Ruth, I find things far less tempting when they're in the basement freezer.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, I'm glad the errant chicken found it's way back home. If only it could talk, what a tale it would have!

I hear thunder rumbling in the distance and it's hot and sticky already this morning here, Ruth. We have the same problems here. Even though there are tons of plant farms, if you don't get there early you will miss out, unfortunately. I hope the cafe turns out to be a huge success. Will it be a soup & sandwich type of place or just a coffee and bakery? Good luck finding time to get your garden planted!

I'll be at Susie's this morning, then we're both meeting Cindy's parents for lunch before going to Maggie's school concert this afternoon. (Cindy is going to the morning concert.) Afterwards I'll just have enough time to take Susie home and pick up Maggie's riding gear and go back to school to pick her up and meet up with Cindy and Audrey at the riding stables for Pony Club. Then home for an early supper and off to Amber's school for her Spring Concert. It's going to be a busy day!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Jennifer, I can't believe the chicken came back. And I laughed way too hard at Ruth's response!! Ruth, your day made me tired (again) just by reading it. Lexiss, hope your day goes well!

We got our pop up last night!! I am WAY TOO EXCITED! Anyone wanna go camping with me?!?!

I just got done with a fabulous walk/jog, now if I could reign in my eating a bit I'd probably lose some of the weight that crept back on! I have a shorter day at work, then cleaning/prepping for our weekend trip. Tonight I'll take the kids to the library to get books for the trip. If I'm lucky, I'll read a couple books each drive!

Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Twinsmommy - We're neighbors!

I'm treating myself to a facial today. It's actually my Christmas gift to myself, but rather delayed. But I got a coupon for this month so am finally going. I've only ever had them before while on my spa vacations so this is rather out of my comfort zone.

Between book club last night and my recent birthday, I need to do some serious eating repair. My trip is in just about a month and a half and I'm going to be rather unhappy with myself if I don't knock of a few pounds before I go; I've been letting things creep lately... very dangerous for me.

Had my second acupuncture session yesterday. Contrary to everything I've read, it hurts! But if it works it is worth it. Still spending lots of time researching for our December trip but think we've decided on Puerto Rico. need to email my boys and see how they feel about that.

Have a great day.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning from Maryland. I'm at a training all week. The food is pretty awful but a couple of coworkers and I rented a car so we could get out at night. Lots and lot of walking to counteract some less than perfect food choices.

I miss my regular morning check-ins here. I really hope my home internet gets straightened out before I get home Friday.

Well, today is the dreaded role playing day on the schedule. I'm sure someone somewhere finds that useful and actually enjoys it, but I've never met anyone who does. Oh well, 8 hours with 2 hours of breaks, I can make it through this day. Tonight we're heading back to the shore so more seafood and walks along the harbor.

Here's to a quick and painless hump day
Old 05-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The Awana awards went well last night they actually had salad for dinner so I had that with a couple pieces of chicken so it worked out well. Some of the kids didn't want it to end but us workers need a break

Last day of school for DD2 I wanted to work from home so I could go to the picnic but it didn't work out so DH will be going. Only about a week to go and then I will be gone for two weeks one week of vacation and then one week of conference in San Diego, we are renting a car and traveling out there so we can make stops along the way for our first week of vacation including seeing my mil who I have not seen in person in a few years though I talk to her a couple times a week.

Okay gotta run have many meetings today. I hope everyone is starting to enjoy the warm and rainy and muggy weather lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! I'm working from home to day so had some internet time and wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm busy planning next week's menus. Graduation at my school is this Saturday, and then I will have no excuse for not staying on plan! (I hope!)

Cyndi, it looks as though you'll be happily busy! The Eastern Shore, if that's where you're going, really does have some charming towns and good restaurants. I've never missed not driving until the past few years. I've always lived in a big city and never needed a car to get around (I've never been behind the wheel of a car!) but now that I'd like to get out of the city a bit, I wish I'd learned to drive.

I finally put up a picture but took down my weight stats. (I've had so much trouble with hackers -- twice -- in the past that I try to be anonymous on line, but I thought I'd peek out, at least for awhile.)

Last edited by Xan; 05-22-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone
I was hoping to get out and about today and get some outdoor chores done, but the rain has already started and its appearently going to get worse according to the weather man.
Luckily I have plenty of indoor chores that need doing as well.
Hope everybody has a wonderful wednesday!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Good morning (well, for me it is), ladies. Just popping in to say hello. I'll try to come back for personals later if it's slow enough at work (shhhh, we don't say the "Q word" in this business...I'm sure jekel can tell ya, LOL).

Happy to see that I was down 1.5 pounds on the scale this morning. Was worried my weekend drinkfest would mess me up, but was determined to work hard and get back down to where I was beforehand. I was up 1.5 pounds of water weight due to TOM last weigh-in, so now it's just evened out, LOL

Today is Day 22 of the 30 day squat challenge...anybody else doing this??? 185 squats today. SO not looking forward to it, LOL
Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies! I am on Day 5 of SBD and I am in a groove. I don't know what's different this time, but I am highly motivated! The cravings are fading! God bless u all!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, sorry you didn't get to use the new generator last night. I could have! Luckily our power was only out for about 2 hours; many of my coworkers had theirs out longer.

Pearlrose, I'm so jealous school is done for your girls! Here in NY school goes for almost another month, although the last 2 weeks are exams rather than full days of class.

Natasha, WOW!! 185 squats!? Right now I would have to do them 1-legged since 1 of my knees doesn't bend. Maybe I should make that my challenge.

Jennifer, loved the chicken story.

Just checked the weather for the holiday weekend. Looks pretty ugly- lots of rain. Of course, if a girl can't garden she'll have to go shopping instead!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth19 View Post
Natasha, WOW!! 185 squats!? Right now I would have to do them 1-legged since 1 of my knees doesn't bend. Maybe I should make that my challenge.
I won't lie...it suuuuuuuuuuuucks. I'm dreading next week when the squats get bumped up to 200 plus. My last day I will be doing 250 squats. Total for the month is 3,295 squats. Bah!
Closed Thread