Much Better Monday - April 22

• Good morning! I'm feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning after an early bed and a good sleep. It's a relief to have such a busy weekend over and know that we actually made some money for the Mill! (Next weekend is absolutely clear except for pet therapy and I plan to keep it that way.

Off to the gym this morning and really need it. (Too many non-SBD things jumped into my mouth over the two days. I'll spare you the details!) After that, a bank run to deposit the $$$ that are burning a hole in my safe. At noon I go to a volunteer appreciation BBQ at the Nursing home - no dogs allowed although they are the real volunteers. Previously there has just been a tea and I just made my furries stay in the Hall outside the food room but this is going to be in the diningroom. I'll see if I can bring them home a burger.

Sure hope the weather gets more spring-like this week. I certainly could have done without the snow, hail and freezing rain we had Saturday - not that it deterred any of our Festival visitors. Canadians are a hardly lot!

Happy Much Better Monday!
  • Good morning Ruth and sleepy beachers I'm up and almost awake. I find it so much easier to get out of bed when it is light or nearly light. Maybe it's knowing there are birds out there

Just another work week, 3 until the end of the session. If things go as expected I will move to 80% June 1st and I can't wait. I've already got plans for that extra day (actually I'll take thurs & fri every other week so plenty of camping opportunities). Oh, and 3 weeks until the big move, though lots of little moves happening before and after I found the bottom of my closet yesterday, that was exciting, and I've almost emptied my storage room. Everything else should be easy after that! I am taking this as an opportunity to seriously declutter. I have too much stuff and Julie was a serious packrat. I refuse to just move bins without cleaning them out. It all takes a little longer but it will be worth it.

Yesterday's homemade paneer experiment was a big success and the saag paneer was as good or better than any I'd ever had. Next I'm making ricotta. Now it's time to plan my work week. Hope your Monday is sunny, it makes the day so much easier.
  • Good morning everyone...sounds like we are raring to go this week. I woke up early, although I think I really could have used the extra sleep. My weekend was great, but I partied perhaps a little too much and last night we had friends from down the hall over and that got rowdy too. Anyway, onto another detox/cleanse day. I didn't have time to make my vegetable soup so I'm going to have to come up with another alternative for "lunch" today. It's beautiful and sunny out so it looks like it's going to be a nice one. Enjoy~
  • Good morning!

Ruth, I'm glad this year's Syrup Festival was a big success, and also glad it's over so you can catch your breath. Enjoy the luncheon this afternoon.

We had frost overnight, but thank goodness it didn't affect my garden. But it will be a morning for a heavy jacket, for sure. The construction crew will be back at the farm this week building a 3 bay garage addition, so I'll make sure to keep an urn of coffee hot and ready for them.

OK, on with the day!
  • Wow, I just looked at the thermometer....it's 33 degrees out. Good thing I didn't look before my walk! My alarm was set but the volume was off, gratefully I woke up anyway and had a decent walk.

Ruth - so glad your festival went so well! We'll see if your weekend stays empty...

Cyndi - sounds like you have a lot going on, but very exciting!

MMCK - I need to go visit you! When's the last time I was "rowdy"...

Cottage - I am sure the construction crew will appreciate your fresh coffee!

I roasted beets yesterday - I am looking forward to beet salad. Except I never looked up the recipe I enjoy, I'm hoping I have all the ingredients. I am glad to get exercise out of the way, now if I have time this afternoon I can get some errands done.

Have a good one!
  • I don't have all the ingredients...anyone have avocado and tomatoes I can use?!

(I'll improvise!)
  • Good Morning!

Seems I've run out of time...best get in gear and get my butt out the door. It is snowing very hard this morning. Water we need and will take it as we get it.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning,

Back to a regular work week for me. The weather will be more spring like this week but more rain coming tomorrow. I ended up having a BD cupcake yesterday since the family bought them but only eat one so that was good and back on track after that.

No time for personals my calender is booked solid Have a great day everyone.
  • Just popping in to wish everyone a merry monday!
  • Good morning. I've been to the gym, Costco and Target. Lunch is in the oven. Will treadmill after I digest.

Twynn - I've been wanting to try roasting beets. My mom made us eat the canned kind when I was growing up and I hated those! Maybe I'll like fresh.

Have a great day, all.
  • Merry Monday to all!
    I'm going to agree with Cyndi, it is SO much easier to get up when it is light out. Late April - July is my favorite time of year; having daylight before my alarm goes off is wonderful. It almost balances out the 7:45 sunrises in December...
    Hope everyone had a great and on-plan day.
  • Evening chicks, sounds like everyone is doing well. Back to work today and spent the day catching up on emails and paperwork. My new vest came in which is much heavier than my current one. However I am happy with the fit. Work tomorrow. Tomorrow night we have out final meeting before our bike ride. I must admit I am quite nervous. I really hope I trained enough not to be a hindrance to the other riders.

Well time to stare out the window and watch the sunset.