3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Newbie on the board! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/279990-newbie-board.html)

Ronja 04-19-2013 04:07 AM

Newbie on the board!

I've already posted here but though I'd officially introduce myself.
I plan to start SBD on Monday (family birthday party this weekend, so have to get that out of the way first).

I think I have a pretty good idea what I'm in for, as I've done a similar diet for health reasons before. Granted SBD (at least Phase 1) is even stricter, as I could eat fruits and nuts without limitations on my "health" diet.

One thing I want to avoid as much as possible are arteficial sweateners. I don't feel like they're healthy at all. SO my plan is to try without any sort of sweets, and if I really can not, have half a tea spoon of honey instead.

I need to stock up with veggies, allowed diary, meat and such...I'm very, very excited about this and it'll be a pleasure to be a part of this group, I hope to learn a lot from all of you!

Lexxiss 04-19-2013 05:41 AM

Welcome!

mamabear272 04-19-2013 07:18 AM

Hi Ronja! :wave: I'm new to this group too. Restarted SBD last Saturday. So far so good. I do use Splenda but you have a good idea for if you need something sweet to use honey. Or what about agave? I hear a lot about it being a good choice. I don't know much about it though. Anyway, :welcome: :D

WaistingTime 04-19-2013 07:41 AM

:welcome2:

Ronja 04-20-2013 12:46 PM

Thank you guys.

Mamabear I have been actually thinking of agave too! I think I will try to get it and see how I like it :)

Xan 04-21-2013 09:35 AM

Welcome, Ronja! You sound as though you've really looked into this and planned. That's half the battle. Good luck, and let us know how it's going!

Ronja 04-23-2013 07:50 AM

Thank you all for your replies!
I am on D3. On the plus side, I'm not hungry at all and I sleep well. BUT the down side - I am oh so tired. I had to skip my excercise because I could barely walk this past two days. I felt very dizzy too. I've read something and it seems I'm having the infamous SB flu :) I'm snacking, I'm going to keep my eye on water intake and perhaps get some extra nuts and yoghurt if I need to. Any other suggestions on how to survive? I have very active twin girls and they deserve a mom that can keep up with them rather than laying on the floor hoping it'll be bedtime soon :)

Redrachel 04-24-2013 12:09 PM

Welcome! I am a newbie too! Trying to figure out this whole forum thing. :) Nice to meet you Ronja.

Just Dance Girl 04-26-2013 11:59 PM

You might try increasing your protein. Add an egg or some meat to breakfast. This really helps me.

Ronja 04-28-2013 01:47 PM

Nice to meet you Rachel! Have you started SBD yet?

Just Dance, thank you for your advice. I am now 8 days in P1 and I feel great. The tiredness and dizzyness lasted about 5 days. On day 7, I felt great and I was able to resume my excercise. Yay!

I have lost 4,4 pounds in a week. I take that! Hoping to lose 2 more pound in week 2. I know the loss will slow down, and it should, but for now, I am happy, I am motivated, I eat well and I am so, so happy I got myself started on this...Already received first compliments on my weight loss (14 pounds so far), so yeah, life is pretty good at the moment. Roll on Week 2!

Twinsmommy 05-07-2013 03:38 PM

I'm new as well and will be starting on Saturday May 11. I agree with the artificial sweeteners and was surprised he was okay with aspartame at all! I use stevia and occasionally Splenda.
Ronja, are those your twins? I have twin seven year old girls. :dizzy:

Natasha1534 05-07-2013 08:24 PM

Welcome to the site, Ronja!!! Looks like I'm a little late to help out w/ your SB flu symptoms...but refried beans w/ a little bit of cheese and reduced fat sour cream always seems to help me get through PH1.

I'm not sure if honey is specified as an "avoid" item, but I think I remember Agave being recommended in it's place. It has a lower GI if I remember right. Might want to look into it.

Sounds like you're doing good so far. Keep up the good work!!!