South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday SBD Chat, April 17

Good Morning

A very cold start to our morning here...snow on the ground and more coming. I'm up taking care of niggles before heading down to Denver for mom's eye appt. No gardening plans in our near future....wondering what the rest of Spring is going to bring.

What's on your mid-week agenda? Stop and say hi

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for starting us up. I had heard that Colorado was really getting socked with snow and, after Friday's ice storm, I understand how you feel. Spring always comes but she sure is dragging her feet this year.

My agenda today? Gym is first, of course, then coffee with Donna afterwards. I have to go back into town - good thing it's just a half hour drive - because I still don't have baking supplies. I hope to pick up the pet therapy stuff now that I have the right address!

I called Barb mid-afternoon yesterday to tell her I was bringing dinner for sure but would not be eating with them. She was disappointed but I stuck to my guns and was glad I did - she was in a lot of pain by 6 PM and who wants to be social while waiting for drugs to work? I did keep back some of the corned beef and cabbage for myself and the scale shows it today. darned water weight! Quick to arrive and slow to depart.

Still have not uncovered some flower beds and the tulips and daffies are anxious. I hope to get at that today - it's hard to rake wet leaves so I may have to remove them by hand.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, you two, and the rest who will soon join us.

Debbie,it sounds as if spring is slow coming for you, but all that snow must look pretty. I'm sure it will warm up soon enough. Have a safe drive into Denver.

Ruth, I do hope Barb has some strong pain meds to take the edge off, poor thing. It's wonderful that the community is rallying round to bring her and her DH meals. I hope you get all your niggling accomplished today.

Yesterday ending up being very expensive for me. My car died on the way to work, and it ends up that I blew a head gasket and need a new radiator. $$$$. Cindy lent me her car to get around for the rest of the day, and this morning I have to pick up a rental car since my car won't be ready until Friday. Oh, well, what can you do? I can't really complain because my car hasn't given me hardly any trouble, otherwise.
So after I pick up my rental, I'll go up to Susie's for a while, then pick up Maggie at noon since she has 1/2 days for the rest of the week. Audrey has an ortho apppointment at 2, so I'll have to check her out of school early for that, but afterwards the girls have Pony Club and I can leave work early.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I just got tired reading Linda's post.

Lexiss, thanks for starting us off! Is it unusual to still be getting snow in April in CO? I wasn't sure. I sure am glad spring is here though , everything is turning such a lush green (from daily rain ), and all the spring flowers look so happy.

Ruth - Sorry to hear your friend is in such pain, thank goodness for modern medicine. Corned beef is so salty, I'm sure tomorrow's scale will be better!

Linda - I had 1K of work on my van yesterday too (with more to go!). Kinda upset me - he told me it shouldn't have passed inspection, and I certainly shouldn't have drove it on my girls' night away. I'm a bit angry at the last place!

Just had a great walk with the pup (unnamed. I joked to my DH we should call her "she-who-will-not-be-named". LOL) this AM. At least she's getting me back out. She does have a gross upper respiratory, so I can't even bring her to work and show her off. After my normal day at work I get to learn about a new product (for you dog/cat lovers - it's the 8 month flea/tick collar, I want to see stats first!), and then normal evening at home. The pup has been good about us all getting out together in the evening, esp. with the nice weather, which is nice *warm fuzzy*.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning....Debbie I am sending you some sun and spring Linda sorry about the car, you need a jet anyway with all your running around WOW! Ruth, you are a good friend cooking for Debbie. Don't feel bad aboutbthecwater weight. I am working, well trying to get mine off too. TOM, Mr. Peanut and a rare Truscuit indulgence have done me in this week. Tammy be careful with the can. Thankfully my car is under warranty for another 40k. My car is 3 years old next month and I have 68k on it. Guess I drive a lot lol. Let us know what you think about the collar. My vet is encouraging people to try it as it is cheaper than monthly Frontline. What breed/mix is "she-who-will-not-be-named?" She has such a sweet face!!

Nothing too exciting here. Selling my hybrid on Craigslist. I never ride it anymore. it is in great condition so I hope to do well. Finished prepping Joe's new wheels. Replaced the grip tape and added gel inserts to help keep him comfy. I must say it is a sharp looking bike. I want to give it to him now, but his birthday isn't until May 30th lol. I will also buy him a new helmet as the one he wears now scares me!!

I may take a ride to Bear Mountain today and get some miles in. Perhaps a little grocery shopping as my fridge is quite bare. Have a lovely day
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - I saw that snow on the national map. Yikes.

Ruth - Oh that darned water weight; I know it well.

Linda - Sorry about your car.

Twynn - LOL - before I read this I wondered if she had a name.

Jennifer - I used to be a huge Triscuit addict. I just saw an add for new flavors and had a moment of lust.

I have a short appointment that will get me out around noon. Otherwise I suspect I'll hang home since we are expecting storms all day, maybe hail. Still unseasonably cold here but at least no snow! Off for more tea. Treadmill soon.

Have a great day, all.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Debbie - Snow still but I guess its good for business

Ruth - Water weight will come off. Have fun baking

Linda - how nice that you still have something nice to say about snow. Sorry about the car

Twynn - your puppy is lovely

Jennifer - there are no crackers of any kind in my house. I can eat them non stop

Karen - hope not much damage is caused by the expected hail.

me - frustrated with the prices of hearing aids. I had these on trial but found that Costco has hearing aid centres and will try those. They have a trial period of 3 months and a warranty for 4 years if you pay with amex. The saving is unbelievable. Ops got to go my big baby (DH) is calling me.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage and Tywnn must be that time for car issues, I have had 3 of our cars in to fix various issues this past week, they will know me by sight soon enough at the car dealership lol.

Debbie- its cold here but atleast no more snow for us.

Ruth I am sure you will kick that water weights behind.

Jennifer have fun on your ride today

to Karen and Sophie and all the others chicks
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We made a quick birding run this morning instead of computer time. Now I'm working on several pieces I need to get done for the campaign and decided to take a quick break to say good morning Same old around here - lots of work to do, birds to see, sorting and packing to finish. Just found out I have to go to a training in Maryland the third week of May. this was so not in my plans, so another packing/moving challenge. I'm looking forward to June!

But the sun is out, the birds are singing, and spring is here. Might as well make the most of it We are planning another late afternoon, pre-dinner walk. I think that paleo bread is going to be a popular dinner item this spring. Makes great grain free sandwiches. Off I go, more to do
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hooray for spring! Today was sunny, warmish and I now have crocus blooming! One of my favorite parts of spring is the fact that there is light on the horizon when the alarm sounds shortly after 5:30. It helps make up for the late sunrise in December.

Not much going on here except the normal juggle of work, chores at home and such. The only way I can keep on the beach is to have my meal plan ready. Zucchini lasagna in the oven right now. yum!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Hope everybody is doing well. I just realized that I hadn't checked in here yet. Obviously, as you can see, I am fine. We were in Boston on Thursday standing in the exact same area that the explosions occurred, but we were back in Georgia by the time it happened. It's crazy to think about, really...especially considering that's the second time something like that has happened to me (I left New Orleans 36 hours before the levees broke).

Ate like crap, which is the norm while I'm on vacation, but still lost 3.5 pounds. I guess b/c we were constantly on the move...not to mention I drove over 2600 miles which burns calories as well.

My interview seemed to go well, but they said it could be months before I hear anything. They were in shock that I had actually driven from Georgia for the interview. To be fair, I used it as an opportunity for a road trip/vacation AND to move some of my stuff into my house up there. Triple agenda!!!

The trip was amazing and it has confirmed that Massachusetts is absolutely positively where I want to be. I love it up there!!! Even had a great talk w/ my mom the day I was in Boston and she told me that I sounded happy and that made her happy.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who messaged me to check on me. It is much appreciated!!!
Closed Thread