TG It's Friday! April 5

• And we have a dusting of snow. I'm glad we are at this end of the winter but still... It's trash day and I need to put on boots to lug it out! Never mind, my crocuses are in bloom.

Donna and I are off to the gym this morning and I intend to do a better workout than I did on Wednesday. Ruthless will be in charge instead of wimpy Ruthie. Some things to do at home and then, mid afternoon brother Dave arrives in his 195? T-Bird coupe, the dogs go to the kennel and we take off for Ottawa. We are having dinner with my sister at her condo and staying over night. Aunt Rose's funeral is at 10 a.m. so it'll be good to be in town for such an early start. I have my eulogy polished up and we will all give a grand lady a fitting departure.

First, however, coffee, a smoothie and the cold trip to the road - actually only about 40 feet. (I'll count the steps when I do it.)

Weekend plans? Won't be back until Saturday afternoon so I may make Monday my Saturday.

What's happening for you this weekend?
  • Ah Ruth, will the snow never end?!?! My crocus are out as well, they are so sweet to remind us that green is on it's way.

I leave pretty soon for my girls' overnighter!! I am so excited!! Can I do this once monthly instead of once every 6 months?!?! I haven't heard from that rescue yet...I know my chances are slim, so I might stop by rescues on my way home tomorrow as well. I did give them my sob story about Reesie's passing, so maybe they'll feel bad for me .

Almost time to get the kiddos up,and then I'm off!!

• We just have a cold drizzle to start the morning here. I was tempted to snuggle back down under the covers, but habit has me up and at em. I think I will try to catch a nap later, though, while the house is still empty.

I'm going over to Dad's later this morn to write some checks and take another another load of Mom's stuff to Goodwill, and maybe I'll treat him out to lunch since tomorrow's his birthday.

Ruth, enjoy your classy car ride up to Ottawa and your sibling dinner this evening. I hope your gym workout doesn't wear you out!

Natasha, have a safe trip up to MA! Are you flying or driving?

Twynn, enjoy your GF Weekend!
  • Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. Hope the gym treats you well today. It sounds like a wonderful family gathering to see Aunt Rose off.

Linda, I hope you fit a nap in today. It will be nice to spend time with your dad.

Twynn, keeping my fingers crossed. Having worked from the rescue end it's funny...it always seems to take forever and the potential adopters go through so much...and there are so many pups needing homes. Excited for you and your girls heading off!

Me, working like crazy this morning. I brought boxes of my grandmothers linens down...have done an initial sort getting rid of torn/stained. I'm ironing my first load out right now. We head back up at 9 to work at her house some more...thrift store, recycle, etc.

I work all weekend so if it's going to get done it needs to be today.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Good morning from JAMAICA. No not the island, but Queens, NY. This is our first day of class so be grateful your travels do not bring you here. Three completely inexperienced cops driving NYC buses should be quite interesting lol.

TwynnB have an awesome time!!!

Natasha thinking of you and your journey

Ruthless kick butt at the gym

Linda hope you find some down time for yourself

Got a nice 20 mile ride in the park yesterday. Hopefully less wind tomorrow as I would like to get a long distance ride.

Enjoyed my smoothie on my commute. My jacket enjoyed my coffee! I think I have a hole in my lip lol. At least there is a McD's in walking distance. They serve "Paul."

Have a great day!
  • Good morning.

Off to work out with mom and trainer this morning. Then to the library to pick up some DVDs that came in that I plan to watch when DH is traveling next week. Must get to Costco today.

We have a bird who keeps flying into our windows, over and over. I read online this is often during mating season; he see's his reflection and thinks it is a competitive male and attacks. The poor bird is driving me crazy and must be hurting himself!
  • Morning ladies!

Karen- Poor birdie! It's funny though

So I had more carbs than I meant to last night and for my reward I found a pound and a half gain on the scale this morning. Urg. I've been craving a stromboli for a solid week now, and decided last night to give in today, but now I'm not so sure.

In other news, still waiting to hear about that job I interviewed for. Hopefully I'll be joining the ranks of "productive citizens with jobs" soon.