Doing SB the Gluten Free Way

• I am starting this thread for those of us that are doing SB and are Gluten Free. We can exchange recipes, ideas and what have you. I am just starting out and from what I can see Phase 1 is already GF but I am very interested to hear what others are doing!

Look forward to hearing from y'all!
    Wendy
  • I am so glad you started this thread, Wendalina! I'm not sure I'm sensitive to gluten, but I know I feel a lot better when I don't eat wheat products. I'm looking forward to reading the ideas and recipe here.
  • I saw the SB Gluten free recipe book on Amazon. Says it won't be out until November! Makes me think they haven't come up with many dishes!
  • November???? wow

well I think I am going to make a batch of deviled eggs and slice some cucumbers to go with my roasted red pepper hummus. I need snacky things for the weekend when all 4 kids will be around. Also going to head out to Aldi in a few to get some fruit to have on hand for the kiddos. Now I wonder about doing a meatloaf for dinner... prob just like a regular meatloaf but maybe use almond meal/flour instead of the bread crumbs?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Wendy
  • hola chicas!
    I just found out that the SB Gluten solution is coming out on April 2.... cookbook wont be out until November though. I was in the check out lane and the cover of Womens World had as their main article....South-Beach Slimmer! Lose 17lbs on gluten-free South Beach! Needless to say I picked it up and its not a plethera of info but it did give sample menus and a guideline.

This morning for breakfast I warmed a corn tortilla and filled it with eggs then dipped it in chunky salsa.... YUMMY! This is definitely an option and I dont really like eggs...so BONUS!

Dinner is greek chicken, mixed greens and wild rice for the fam.

Happy Palm Sunday to y'all!
  • I just pre-ordered my book on Amazon and I'll have it on April 4th

I am not sure that I am necessarily gluten sensitive, but I have found that I feel bloated when I eat things like bread. So, I am gonna give it a shot. I have been doing some research on gluten and I wonder if it is to blame for mine and my husband's acid reflux problems. Either way, I am totally in this with you.

I slept in today since it is my Bday. (read: I went back to bed after getting the kids on the bus lol) When I woke up, I made myself some sauteed zucchini and mushrooms and a couple scrambled eggs. I used to eat these with a whole wheat tortilla and taco sauce but that is out now. I wonder if I can find non-GMO corn tortillas. I am trying to eliminate GMO's everywhere that I can.
    For a snack I had cucumbers and hummus. And for dinner, we are going to a steakhouse. So, I am gonna get a lean steak with a sweet potato and a dinner salad (hold the croutons). I can totally do this.
  • Count me in. I have gluten intolerance.

I naturally seem to follow SB diet.