South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday Morning Beach Chat 3/12

Good morning chicks. Hope you have your rain boots today. It's a monsoon this morning. Sorry TwynnB, but glad it is rain and not snow. Really want to start prepping the garden for spring blooms.

On my way into work whoo hoo. Have to lug my gear home tonight as I am working OT Saturday, but not in my district. Thank goodness for rolling duffle bags

Well time to watch the rain drops. Hope everyone has a peaceful morning. What is on everyone's agenda.....well after coffee of course
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jennifer, and everyone to come. It's a rainy day here today, too, and I agree that I'm thankful it's not snow. Have a good day at work, and be safe.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. It's helping me get through this difficult time.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for getting us started. I'm thinking of you on the subway with the big rolling duffel....A peaceful day sounds great.....thanks!

A bit of a late start so I just started the chores upstairs and left coffee making to DH. I'm heading down to retrieve some. After a little bread binge Sunday night while stressing about the summer wedding details (most out of my control) I decided to cut out the refined carbs (bread) and grains for a bit. I also decided to "take care" of everything I could. I sent out emails no one has replied. Oh, Well.

We're traveling down to the southeast corner of the state to visit our Alaska friend. We did this last year and had a great time. I'll take my mom to her medical appt tomorrow then leave as soon as we get home.

I hear DH pacing...coffee must be ready.

HAve a great day everyone!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Nice to see Cottage popping in. We are all with you this week, my dear.

Jekel, thanks for cranking us up. I too smile at the thought of a rolling duffle bag.

Debbie, I've cut out grains too for a while and have discovered that the lost weight pops right back on when I indulge - yesterday it was a box of low-carb crackers. Back on track today.

We have the predicted rain today and it's going to continue with some snow mixed in for the rest of the week, I think. That'll knock the **** out of the rest of the snow, I hope, and Mother Nature can get serious about Spring. My snowdrops did come up thought the snow beside the walk and are in bloom. They really do look the one in my avatar.

Not sure what's on the agenda today but do know my kitchen is pretty chaotic. It'd be OK if I just cooked in it but mail gets dropped on the table along with other odds and ends. I just may whiz through it and hit the quilting for a few hours.

Now for another date with Paul Newman and a wee cuddle with my doggage now that their paws are relatively dry.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning. Linda I will be thinking about you. I am so very sorry.

The conference was wonderful and I am noticing that I do not crave sugar as much as before. I was able to make it work and discovered the non carb choices that are available. 5 more days on phase I!!!!!!!

We had the rain in GA last night - glad the snow has turned to rain!!!! Have a wonderful day ladies!

Ashley
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Darned, I had a post earlier that was messed up, now there's twice as many chicks chatting as before! So glad to see you pop in Linda, I've been thinking of you lots.

It's been a whirlwind here already....I have the mexican cass in the crock pot, kids out the door, load of laundry done, and now munching on my crustless quiche (it is sooo yummy!!). I think work is packed, so hopefully it will go fast. It is like jekel said - rainy and gloomy. It would've been a heck of a snow storm! I am getting urges to start some plants though....

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Fly by again, I'm just really good at taking too long in the morning

Good morning Cottage, good to see you here. You know my thoughts are with you all right now

I am off to Montpelier overnight for a conference day tomorrow. Happily not ours but we are partners and I have a table to be at.

Counting down to the weekend and then a short week with 2 days at the coast.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer and Ruth - Keep dry.

Linda -

Debbie - Bread binge here too; I threw out the rest yesterday morning.

Ashely - Yay for you!!

Twynn - Double yum.

Cyndi - Hope your week goes by quickly.

I'm going to yoga today for the first time since vacation and hurting my foot. I have so many body parts that are just out of whack. This afternoon I'm taking out my 90 year old boys' former babysitter to run some errands. I've got something going on in my mouth related to my auto-immune disease and can tell it was a reaction to something I ate yesterday. My big debate was if it was serious enough to call the doctor and risk getting put back on steroids. I'm thinking I'll wait it out and see how quickly it goes away and if I have a recurrence.

Have a great day, all.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

New here but jumping in with both feet! Mom and I just started SB and have been enjoying the challenge of keeping our tastebuds happy. We're going to watch "Hungry for Change" on Netflix later. I watched it the other day and it's definitely worth a 2nd viewing.

Cottage, I am so sorry for your loss. I'll add my prayers to the others.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Never got a chance to hop in earlier today had an all day meeting. Cottage go out to you, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't have time to reply to everyone need to leave for Awana in a couple of minutes.

I have cut out grains and that is what is helping the scale move for me recently.

Have a great evening and hope to make it on here tomorrow morning.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Im not usually one to post in the daily thread, but I did want to pop in to convey my sympathies to Cottage, sorry for your loss.
Closed Thread