South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Tuesday Jan 22

Good Morning

I'm off to work soon....have been working around the house since I leave early tomorrow morning to join DH and the pup on the Western Slope. I have a week off!

Linda, thinking of you lots...hoping your day was better yesterday.

Jennifer, what a day you had yesterday! Kudos for taking the time for a kind gesture...mutually beneficial. I would love to get your way someday with my DH. He's never been on the East Coast and I used to be in and out of GCS all the time when I lived in NJ w/my bro.

Natasha, where are you going to see EJ? Still love him!

What's on your agenda today? Stop by and say hi!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-22-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Today is finally the last day for the floors. And the longest. They guys should show up before 7:30. DH and I will head to BIL's again, with breakfast in hand. I'll stay there until 9:00 yoga. Then shower at my mom's. Then back to BIL's until I work at 2. Might go out to lunch for a break. By the time I'm off work we can get back in the house. "Light use" of floors until midday tomorrow. I don't know if they move the appliances back today but am hoping!

Debbie - Enjoy your week.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie, and YAY! for the week off! Will you get some swims in at that luscious looking pool!?!? From your post, it looks like I need to go back and reread yesterdays.

It's a groggy morning, but here's to hoping that Mr. Folger will perk me up. Just a full day of work. WE'll see how DS is when he wakes up in 15 minutes...his fever broke yesterday, but still mild last night. I have no qualms about keeping a 9 year old out of school to rest.

And I better eat some blueberries so I don't get it next!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Karen, it won't be long before all your appliances are back in place. When I did my floor I left things an extra day not wanting to mess with the finish too soon.

Twynn, glad DS is getting better. We put a huge chunk of ginger root (and blueberries) in the smoothie every morning and swear it's what's keeping us healthy. I MUST get exposed to all kinds of stuff at the restaurant...especially touching peoples utensils/etc. I wash my hands alot. PS I'll take a swim for you....the hot pool has been luscious lately. 104 degrees when it's 0 out is just great.

Ok, I'm heading down to look for more coffee!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are starting a cold stretch here and I really wanted to hibernate this morning. No luck though and I'm off running the roads again as my friend would say. First I need to fill the bird feeders. Tonight I will look at seed catalogs to remind myself that cold weather doesn't last
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

Hope everyone has a great day today! I may or may not take my Christmas decorations down. LOL. Just trying to get motivated to stay off the "couch" today
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Today is my hubby's birthday. Think I may make the double chocolate pie recipe so I can splurge. Also going to get in some extra walking to cover anything I may accidentally do.....

Hope you all have a great day!!

I just realized my weigh in day is the day after his birthday!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #8  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 203/193/165

Height: 5'11''

Default Here I am

Well, I started SBD again yesterday, I've been on a rut for way too long. I really hope this time I can mantain my motivation and willpower. I realized my eating is always another aspect of my overall attitude towards life sometimes. I eat bad>I don't want to do anything but eat and watch TV>I feel very depressed>I eat again. Bad cycle. I broke it yesterday. Yes I did.
What do you tell yourselves everyday to keep going?
Good Luck to you all!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminu View Post
Well, I started SBD again yesterday, I've been on a rut for way too long. I really hope this time I can mantain my motivation and willpower. I realized my eating is always another aspect of my overall attitude towards life sometimes. I eat bad>I don't want to do anything but eat and watch TV>I feel very depressed>I eat again. Bad cycle. I broke it yesterday. Yes I did.
What do you tell yourselves everyday to keep going?
Good Luck to you all!
sounds alot like me. today is day one for me! i'm doing it with my husband this time, so i'm hoping to have a good life style change. i don't want to just do it for a little bit, i want to incorporate the healthy choices forever. and teach my kids better. i don't want them to think of me and their childhood when they grow up and think of me the way i am now, so i'm trying to change for the better.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello,

I have been crazy busy getting a presentation ready for work so no time to pop in this morning.

Sounds like everyone is doing good.

Still eating op so I feel great (have to remember this feeling when I want to stray)

Tonight is Awana after work and that is about it.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #11  

Hi all!!!

I can't remember the last time I posted but I have been reading along. Husband is out of town so I'm seriously outnumbered. The littlest one is sick so things have been extra hectic. Twynnb, I wish I could take mine to work ( in a way ). When the kids are older and ask about vacations I am going to remind them of the vacation days where we stayed home and watched TV all day!!!

After the inauguration yesterday I do want to take a trip to D.C.

Whomever still has their Xmas decorations up..... I love you

Still op and doing well. Husband is out of town and still op. Today was tough on him, they brought in boxed lunches sandwich, fruit, pasta salad and cookie. The poor guy ate the meat off of his sandwich. He's at trader joes now getting stuff for his room. We don't have a trader joes down here. Are there any recommendations?

Made the ricotta stuffed mushrooms from Kalyn's kitchen. They were fantastic!!

Ok off to swim practice for the oldest. I hope my fellow Yankees stay warm.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Us Yankees are freezing lol. Long, long day at work. Non stop nonsense. I foresee a lot of problems for us if we have a cold winter. Debbie, GCT is celebrating it's 100th Anniversary on Feb 1st. It is going to be quite hectic. Maybe I'll come your way for the hot pool

Welcome new chicks!!!

Pearlrose I couldn't agree more. I have been OP for almost 2 weeks. Sometimes we forget (ok I do) how good I feel when I am really taking care of myself. I have not been able to ride the past few days, but I still feel energize. Well until 10 then my body says time for bed now! Lol. I lost 3 last week, but TOM showed up again! Seems he likes to visit every 21 days. I see and recognize a pattern in my eating before the dreaded arrival. Hopefully my numbers on Sunday will be good.

Cyndi thanks for the glove info. I am hooked on Kalyn's kitchen. Going to try the soup with the chicken sausage this week

Debbie thanks for the kind words

Tammy I hope your little guy is all better.

Time to bundle up again my stop is coming up. Whoo hoo off until Sunday yippee!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I was so good today... Forgot my snack and the only nuts in the vending machine were honey roasted of course. Ran upstairs and checked up there. Same deal. Back downstairs and bought unsalted trail mix and picked out all the sugary raisins, and ate the peanuts/sunflower seeds/almonds. Oy. Won't forget tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everybody!!! After I finish up tonight at work I get one day off and then will be either at school or work for the next 8 days. Bah!!! The good news, though, is that it'll give me Friday night off (school during the day, so no work at night) and I'll get to have a night out w/ my bestfriend who is on the opposite rotation...and the 14.5 hours of OT on my next check won't hurt, either.

Lexxiss - Enjoy your week off!!! We're going to be seeing Sir Elton at the Macon Centreplex which isn't a great venue (sound system isn't the best), but it IS a small venue...so even though my tickets are in the top tiers, it's still a good view. Mom and I have both wanted to see him for years, so it was the perfect chance for me to surprise her w/ an early birthday present.

WaistingTime - I know you're glad the work will be wrapping up on the floors soon. I haven't been around much lately but I'm just assuming based on context that these are the floors in your house being redone. I remember what a PITA it was when we had ours redone, so I know you're happy to see it come to an end, LOL

Twynn - Hope your little one is feeling better.

Cyndi - I bet MY definition of cold and YOUR definition of cold vary greatly. I just stepped outside w/ short sleeves on and my teeth were chattering...it's currently 45 degrees here. My boyfriend says I'm going to die when I move to Mass...it's like 11 degrees there today and snowing, LOL

db1982 - I don't know that I've introduced myself to you yet, but I'm getting closer and closer to 40 so maybe my mind is slipping (JK, ladies, don't come after me!!!). I think it's time to get those Christmas decorations down, hon, LOL

paydaymom - Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!

adaminu - Good job breaking the cycle!!! I suffer the same problem and then I kick myself in the tail and start over again. I just have to keep telling myself "NEVER GOING BACK TO THE WAY I USED TO BE!!!"

Pearlrose - Good job staying OP!!! I'm w/ you...I always feel so much better when I'm in the gym and will even say to myself "damn, this feels GOOD, why did we stop???" I need to remind myself of that on the days I turn to the right (to go home) from work's parking lot instead of going straight (to head to the gym), LOL

yankeeinsouth - DC is a great place to visit. I enjoyed my 3 days there, but I need to go back when I have a week to spend there. Good job staying OP and good job to your hubby, too, especially considering how easy it would be to just eat what he's given. I'll be facing that Thursday and Friday in class, as "breakfast and lunch will be provided" per my registration card. I'm guessing that'll be something like doughnuts or sausage biscuits and coffee and some kind of fried sandwich or something for lunch. I'll fix breakfast for myself before class, take some greek yogurt w/ peanut butter and Splenda for a snack...and I don't know what I'll do for lunch, but I'll figure it out.

Anybody got any ideas for a room temperature or lunchbox w/ an ice pack friendly meal for Phase I??? I doubt I'll have any access to a fridge or a microwave.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Ooh, 2 more of you snuck in!!!

jekel - Enjoy your time off!!!

weezle - Good job!!!
Closed Thread