3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Help! I don't know what to do :/ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/273494-help-i-dont-know-what-do.html)

pinkcandiez 01-15-2013 03:04 PM

Help! I don't know what to do :/

Ok, so when I went home for Christmas time, I ended up eating quite a bit over the 3 weeks. I was eating a bit too much and that caused me to stress which lead to some binges. I gained weight for sure, and am scared to go on the scale because I don't want a depression :p
Anywho, I came back and began P1. However, it has been REALLY hard for me this time around. No matter what I eat and no matter how much, I can't seem to be satisfied. I am constantly hungry ! Always. I just ate dinner- sirloin steak, veggies, camembert cheese. I was still hungry so I ate some olives, peppers, a small piece of chicken. Then, sf hot chocolate and then a low carb protein bar. And I am STILL hungry. It has been almost a week since I've gotten back. I am not having too much trouble with the healthy eating but I am struggling with the portions. I have tried drinking two glasses of water before and after every meal and even have waited 30 minutes but nothing. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? Or any input? Anything would greatly be appreciated!

jekel383 01-15-2013 10:32 PM

Maryana are you exercising more? If so, this could account for still being hungry. Are you eating enough? Your food choices seem positive, but maybe your portions are a little too small. Don't be too hard on yourself no matter what the scale shows. Many of us (guilty as charged) over indulged during the holidays. However, we, and this includes you :) are right back here because we are committed to making our lives healthier.

WaistingTime 01-16-2013 07:51 AM

You may not actually be physically hungry. I sometimes feel so hungry but know it is really either boredom or stress or just feeling deprived in what I eat. The best thing that works for me is distraction! I find something to do, like get on the computer or out of the house or exercise. Also, I have found flavored decaf teas to help. They are more satisfying to drink than water.

pinkcandiez 01-18-2013 05:33 PM

Yeah I'm eating around 1900-2000 calories but am left hungry when I eat that much. And no, I haven't been able to exercise for the last month since I injured my knee :(
And it is becoming very difficult. I just want sugar D:
Yeah, at least I'm trying ! Not succeeding but trying. I'm just worried because I don't want to gain weight. But I do eat the majority of my calories at night. I believe I am eating enough throughout the day especially since I am not exercising. Is it maybe better to move on to a 1.5? Or should I do one more week of phase 1? Which failed the last 2-3 days.
I may try to distract myself :) Maybe eat at the library haha :p

jenne1017 01-19-2013 03:34 AM

I've gone through it before. First, the protein bar is probably NOT ph1 friendly. Plus, I know if I eat those (which are HIGHLY caloric), they give me a satiation of sugar and I start to crave.

It could be a few things: first mental - you could be psyching yourself out (I do it all the time!). Second, are you getting enough water? Sometimes we think we're hungry and we actually just want water. Are you near TOM? If so, I know I ALWAYS eat more at that time. Try maybe switching things up and eating a bigger meal at lunch and then at dinner, something lighter and some snacks?

Just a few suggestions :) Good luck and stick with it! I would do a clean Ph1 for at least 3-5 days (if not a full two weeks) to get rid of cravings before moving to Ph 1.5.

pinkcandiez 01-23-2013 08:12 AM

Haha yeah, it was low carb but not P1 friendly. I cut it out with any artificial sweetener and my hunger is more normal.
Yeah, it could have been mental. I agree !
Haha, it wasn't TOM or water but I like the bigger lunch suggestion. I was trying to save too many calories as well on lunch and breakfast so I guess I could have been hungry the rest of the day?
But I've taken some of your suggestions Jen and they have helped. Thank you all ! :hug: