On Plan Thread: January 14-20, 2013

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Here's to another week on plan!
  • Monday: Fiesta salad (black beans, avocado, cucumber, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, greens) with chipotle lime dressing
    Tuesday: Crockpot roasted chicken with green beans and maybe a sweet potato
    Wednesday: One skillet lemon garlic chicken
    Thursday: Mini Mediterranean turkey meatloaves
    Friday: Crockpot chili (using up our ground chicken) on smashed cauliflower
    Saturday: Out/wing-it/leftovers
  • P1D14
    Wt: 167.8
    B: Leftover quiche and 2 strips of turkey bacon
    L: Chicken breast and vegetables
    S: Fiesta salad.
    Sn: Peanut butter. Cheese stick. SF Jello.
    Ex: 30 Day Shred
  • Phase 1.
    OMG need more veggies, though I should be up to 4.5 cups if I add the cucumbers and count the veggies (onions, celery, tomatoes) in the soup. {edit: nevermind, I have plenty now. I subbed cauliflower rice for quinoa and added Brussels sprouts}

B - coffee with us coconut milk. Chocolate/cinnamon protein smoothie. Half a serving of raw almonds.
    L - Lentil soup with spinach and feta. Black tea.
    S - Tofurkey roll-ups with light cream cheese and green onion around big slices of bell pepper. Sliced cucumbers with salt and vinegar.
    D - Crabmeat-stuffed flounder with grilled zucchini and cauliflower rice. Brussels sprouts, either as a salad/slaw or roasted.
  • Today, still P1

B: deviled eggs (they are just fun), V8
    S: cashews
    L: hamburger patty, mushrooms, lf cheese, leafy green salad, tomatoes
    S: ff greek yogurt with sf caramel stuff
    D: sirloin, salad

I ate too much.
  • Hi my name is Sue. Hope u don't mind my joining in. Day1 P1 here

Bfast: coffee w skim milk & SF davinci. LF cottage cheese w cinn & splenda. 1 more coffee w sweet n low @ office

lunch: veggie burger w pesto & V8

dinner: flounder w lemon juice & herbs. lettuce & tomato salad w italian dressing. skim milk

snack: refried beans heated w salsa.

water.

Need more veggies I know but didn't have time for much prep. Had a nasty headache first half of day I think in part due to I usually drank 5 cups coffee w flavored coffeemate creamer

Oh srycan't remember who at the moment but someone said they had lentil soup...was that homemade? And did you get the recipe here or has anyone found a SB friendly canned brand? Its freezing by CA standards and soup sounds great.
  • Progresso lentil soup is OK, I think.
  • phase 2

b - cottage cheese withslice ofww bread
    l - soup with lf cheese
    s - smoothie with 1/4 frozen banana almond milk yogourt and splash of agave nectar
    s- salsa chicken mushrooms and salad
    s- turkey pepperoni stick
  • First day of P1.5
    Wt: 168.6
    B: Smoothie
    L: Cauliflower soup, 2 strips turkey bacon, cheese stick (mock baked potato soup)
    S: Chili on smashed cauliflower
    Sn: Peanut butter with a small apple
  • I have been eating two different lentil soups recently, a Greek version with tomatoes and spinach (Phase 1 compliant) and one made with red lentils and carrots, pureed. Both far exceeded my expectations. Personally I have been avoiding canned goods as much as possible but I did use canned tomatoes for the soup, so I have not gone entirely can-free.

WELL - I didn't go OFF plan yesterday technically... but I definitely didn't follow my plan... didn't feel well. Ate way too much Ezekiel bread, almond butter, tomato soup, and on and on.

By the way, I made a Brussels sprouts salad yesterday that was da BOMB! My husband and I don't even like them but it was delicious! The key is blanching the leaves. I haven't found the exact recipe (I read it originally in a magazine somewhere), but this one comes close - but I used slivered almonds, some parmesan cheese (actually I put nutritional yeast on mine) and I did not use nearly as much dressing as it calls for - their recipe would be more than a tablespoon of oil per serving, with only 3 sprouts worth of leaves? Sounds a bit off to me. But I did make the vinaigrette as posted, just used less. Oh and of course I blanched the leaves, which was part of the original recipe I saw. I made it once without blanching and it wasn't nearly as good - more bitter and a LOT of chewing.
    I will post this recipe some day.

Today... I think I will try again for the exact same menu as yesterday. But I think I'll try roasting Brussels sprouts today. Or HASHED
  • Plan for the day, phase 1 day 9 ish:

B: protein shake (fall back plan when no time for real food)
    S: veggies/hummus
    L: progresso french onion soup, lf cheese, salad stuff
    S: ff greek yogurt
    D: leftover cacciatore
  • After a disappointing second week on the plan (I gained back weight and made an excuse to go off-plan one evening), I am back and have decided to do one more week of Phase 1, being honest to myself and adhering to the program! This morning I had tea with skim, and egg whites with a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite and lots of tumeric. I'll steam a head of broccoli and chicken breast for lunch.

My goals for this week:
    * to exercise every day for at least 30 minutes
    * to be motivated by my actions and not the scale
    * not to cheat -- because I'd only be cheating myself!!!
  • Thanks for posting the soup recipes Emma.
    The Greek version looks like something I would def eat...printed it out
  • phs 2

YESTERDAY WAS NOT ON PLAN. TRY AGAIN TODAY.

B - oatmeal, ground flax and almond milk, I always have two cups of coffee but never include that.
    l - 1/3 cup cottage cheese with an orange
    s - some sort of spinach and yogourt smoothie
    s - shrimp curry over shirtake noodles with veggies
    s - turkey pepperoni stick
    lots of water and a 30 minutes walk
  • P1.5
    Wt: 170.4 (WTF?!?)
    B: Smoothie
    L: Cauliflower soup, cheese stick, chili
    S: Lemon garlic chicken skillet
    Sn: Almonds