Hi - doing SB for the first time

• Hi everyone
    I just started SB for the first time yesterday and as I have no experience with this diet I thought it would be helpful to be able to chat to others here who have.
    One of the reasons I am trying SB is because I suffer from PCOS and losing weight is always a big struggle for me. Even when I eat somewhat healthily and watch my portions I still put on weight. I did manage to lose 20 pounds 2 years ago with the help of calorie counting and exercise... but all of it piled on over the last year when I stopped counting and exercising.
    I am hoping that SB might be a way for me to not only lose weight but also maintain my weight once I am at a happy weight. I have around 60 pounds to lose.. so a long way to go.

My first day yesterday went ok but I did get a headache in the afternoon and was pretty tired in the evening and took a nap (but this might also be due to getting my period this week.. which causes similar symptoms).
    I did weigh myself this morning and am happy to say I'm down a pound already and hope this will continue in the next 2 weeks.

Nina
  • Hi Nina and welcome. I too suffered headaches in the beginning as my body got used to "sugar withdrawl." SB really does work and is (at least for me) easy because I am not counting calories or measuring everything I eat. Check the boards for recipes and such. The chicks here are really great and many are dealing with medical challenges to. Good luck
  • Nina! Glad you are joining us!
  • Day 4 was awful for me. Right now I am on day 7 and I hope I have do not have anymore day 4's!! Welcome!
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome. Second day was though too - bad headache in the evening. But I've lost another pound ... so I'm very motivated.
  • Adding my You'll like it here.
  • Welcome