Thursday Dec 27 Beach Chat

• Wake up ladies
  • I like to get a quick line as not to duplicate the morning thread.

Back to work blues in really yucky weather. I was very smart clearing the snow before bed, but still just gross out. Be careful if you are out and about today.

Natasha, your posts always make me laugh. I am in the beginning stages of peri and TOM is down right evil just like when he first started showing up over 30 years ago.

I braved the scale this morning and was not horrified, a few pounds not too badly all thing considering. Cooked like a mad woman last night, but feeling very prepared to end the year healthy. I made venison chili, Cheesy Mexican casserole, spaghetti squash casserole and chicken taco soup. My crockpots sure got a work out! Packed healthy meals and snacks. The oh so delicious but naughty cookies have been removed from my home (ok,they are in my tummy). Brought my work out gear for lunch today. My goal is to be under goal by the new year. Definitely attainable, my lowest weight as indicated on my ticker is not lol. That's OK I am still much healthier and in much better shape than I was at this time last year.

So, how is everyone today?
  • Some of us were enjoying sleeping in while the snow fell. I hope the coffee was made before you woke us

We are right in the middle of our part of the mini-blizzard. It's lovely out, gentle snow, high 20s temps, and not too much traffic. I think a snow walk will be part of my plan for the day.

My eating was ridiculous. Today we are planning fitness goals for the new year. I am planning clean, healthy dinners starting today but being realistic about the next few days. Actually, it's been the extras not the dinners that have been the problem around here.

I am in the midst of being my own personal climate all the time. I've learned to dress in layers and shed them as needed. I am so looking forward to just being cold all the time again!

I might take a peek at the scale this morning. No sense in hiding as if it doesn't exist until next Tuesday morning. Then a little shoveling, some playing in the snow, and Wii Zumba and Winter Sports.

What's on your agenda for the day?
  • Good morning, Jennifer. I saw you online earlier and though you might be starting us up. One morning we had three start-up posts. That's never a problem because we just merge them all and the earliest one wins.

We are loaded with snow and it's still falling. Jazz pushed his way through it with only head and tail showing and seemed a tad confused when he could not lift his leg. I swear Disney said "Dammit! Not again! and just squatted. I'll go out later and clear a potty path. About ten inches is expected and I am snowed in until Richard comes to plough.

I'm actually looking forward to a snow day and certainly don't need to go out to food shop! The "purge" has begun and all Christmas baking (except for Christmas cake) is either in the trash or in the bird feeder. My barn cat has slices of pate on his plate and seems grateful. He's a stray who decided my barn is a good place to winter over.

Faced the scale this morning and it's actually not as bad as it was before Christmas. (I'm very OCD and weigh and record daily - have done it for nearly 50 years!) I have lots of veggies and some fruit in the house and am going to plan my menu shortly. I have Taco Bake portions in the freezer which will be just great for supper with a salad. It's time for "clean" eating.

So here we are on the third day of Christmas. It's three French hens. Be sure they don't lose their little berets when they cluck in.
  • Cyndi, I was off getting a second coffee when you popped in. Yes, time to shift gears a bit. The extras are the killers and I'm finding I'm getting into the nibbling habit again. Why on earth do people give me chocolate. They know I'm diabetic and trying to lose weight!

Enjoy your snow day. My walk in the snow will be with a shovel!
  • Good Morning

I've been up and have been busy taking photos out of albums for tomorrow's big scan. I may actually see an end to this gigantic project somewhere in the near future.

I brave the scale everyday and weather the ups and downs. I'm up from ticker but it's manageable because I continue to accept this healthy lifestyle change and I know it will always come back down. I generally stay pretty close to plan.

Have a great day everyone! I've got to head out the door since the car needs a warm up before I can head to work.
  • Good morning everyone,

I am afraid to get on the scale since I am also expecting TOM in a few days so it is not going to be pretty, I have started eating OP today

My guests are leaving at 10 a.m. this morning and then in between wfh I am going to have to get the house back in order as it is messy but we had tons of fun.

Here is to everyone getting back on plan for the new year
  • Drat! I was looking forward to a snowed in day but darn Richard just ploughed out the lane. Now I need to get dressed, go out and shovel. The deck will be first as the steps are under a big drift so the furries can't get down to the yard. Maybe I'll go and do some treadmill and then soak in the tub before I tackle it all.
  • I just missed saying "good morning!" DH and I have been running errands, doing more holiday gift returns and then trips to TJs and Whole Foods. We had a few more stops to make but I was hungry so we are now home and I am distracting myself while my green beans roast. I work this afternoon. It was crazy busy yesterday.

Have a great day.
  • Hello, everyone! I'm ready for 2013!
  • Afternoon!

Jennifer: Glad the scale wasn't too bad!
    Cyndi: I too got back to basics and set some goals. Not going to wait until the 1st! Stay warm!!!
    Ruth: Yay too for you and the scale You too, stay warm. I wish we could split the snow with ya as ours is already gone.
    Debbie: Love your POV!!
    Pearl: Love all the people getting back to eating cleanly! Yay for us!
    Karen: Hi Friend!!! I long for TJ and WF trips again!
    Bella:

As for me, my ticker is accurate - I wrote a new blog last night (both here in and in my personal locked online one) to try to get back on track. And logging in here always helps! For the life of me, I can't remember what I weighed in January and my "resolution" was to weigh less than when I started but that won't happen. As far as I can tell, I am up 8 pounds per my ticker. Think it's possible to lose 9 before the 1st???

DW went food shopping for me (I am bad at sticking to a list though I made the list) and I decided to shower and shave, get dressed (read: put on a bra), made lunch and Jello (box, no more pre-made splurges until I get a job!) and am just now checking in here. I may head down to the gym for 30 minutes on the bike as well.

Tomorrow is my PT re-eval and if I need more visits, then I have to wait until February until I either find work and have my own insurance or can go on DW's new insurance.

Lots of changes!
  • Good afternoon, ladies!!! I have to confess that I am avoiding the scale like the plague until I've got 2 weeks of Phase I underneath my belt. I know it's going to be bad...plus it's TOM right now and I'm ALWAYS up then...so why upset myself, right???

I did get back on plan yesterday and had a bowl of soup and a salad. Even avoided the cheese dip, cookies, and so forth that are still sitting in the kitchen. Got up early today to take advantage of the BOGO deal on Justfab (OMG, do any of you ladies use that site??? It's where my bestie got my killer shoes for Christmas!!!) and then went for a walk w/ my friend, Varonika, and our pups. Tonight mom and I are going out to dinner and following it up by going to see Les Mis at the theater. I've been wanting to see it, so I hope it's good. It'll be a nice night out.

Ooh, and I need to go take some shoes back to Target. And I need to work on selling some pancake breakfast tickets, too. I don't know if I mentioned it, but my shift is doing a pancake breakfast fundraiser for one of our officers who lost his house and personal pets to a structure fire last month. Only a week and a half left before the breakfast!!!
  • Hello, I'm new! The activity on this part of the board (including the daily thread) is what prompted me to join the community, so I hope you don't mind if I pop in. My intro is in the introductions (the board won't let me post a link yet) but I just wanted to say Hi to fellow SBDers as well.

I'm on day two of phase 1, and doing pretty well. There are quite a few of holiday-related sweets in my house which I am having no problem passing up, but my daughter left a baked potato on the counter and it's calling my name!

Looking forward to getting to know people ...
  • Welcome triple step!!! Looking forward to getting to know you too. Kudos on resisting temptations!

Natasha, I am going to check out just fab. Loved your shoes!

Oh completely forgot to thank you all for your concern about my boiler woes. So incredibly grateful as my nozzle was bad (not even sure where that is on the boiler) Thankfully the technician got me up and running in less than two hours. Huge sigh of relief as I am not prepared financially to replace it just yet.

Bed is calling me, 4am comes way too fast
  • Welcome to the forum, triplestep!!! You're about to hit that point in Phase I that seems to be the worst for some people (it was around day 4 for me, I think). Power through it...it's worth the results!!! Good luck!!!

jekel - The BOGO deal is only on certain styles, but 2 pairs of shoes for $39.95, I can't pass up!!! I ordered these:

And then, since I'm being rather adventurous w/ these heels lately (seriously, usually a 2 inch chunky heel is all I'm good for, LOL) I decided to go w/ a ballet flat. I am OBSESSED w/ sugar skulls AND the color pink, so these were perfect:

So glad your boiler problems were fixed quickly!!!