South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default We're Still Here! FRIDAY SBD Daily Chat for 12/21

It's a wet, windy morning here, but we're not snowed in like a lot of you are. I pray everyone is safe and snug.

All is calm and quiet here this morning with the grandkids still sleeping. Their school holiday starts today but mommy and daddy have to work. Amber is old enough to watch Tyler, but I'll still have to keep an eye on both of them. I'm hoping to get out and get groceries this morning so I'll probably take the little guy with me. I want to get presents wrapped today, too, and I have one more gift to buy, but it's just a gift card so that will be easy.

Have yourselves a great day, and remember to observe a moment of silence at 9:30 this morning for our precious angels who's lives tragically ended last Friday at that time.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat on The Beach

Good morning. We seem to have escaped the Apocalypse once again. I guess that means I need to carry on with Christmas prep.

Had a great evening last night with my BFFs and their kids. One kid is now 6'2" and is my new helper for pot lightbulb changing and other tall person stuff. He’s 13 and seems to still be growing. The kitchen was all tidied and the DW running when everyone left about 11. Good thing it’s a snow day today.

No gym this morning because of the “mixed precipitation” i.e. freezing rain. It’s supposed to turn to snow later and I sure hope they are right. I am to drive to Ottawa and back on Sunday for Christmas celebrating with Jim, Wendy and Tayler. I have wrapping and party cooking on the schedule today so will be able to fill in the time without gym.

Happy Friday, Survivors!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey chicks! Linda, hope you get out today. Ruth, Six foot two at 13??! WOW!!!

I'm a bit lazy this am, since break has also started for my children, although we do have to be to work at 9 am. Sometime, I have to figure out when to haul gifts inside (shoot, I need to cover them up!!) and get them wrapped. Tomorrow is DD's birthday - holy cow, need to get those wrapped ASAP! Guess I shouldn't be lazy right now, eh?!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I sortof figured we'd all be here this morning I guess it's just another day....well in that case coffee is already brewing and I slept 12 hours last night. No work today...nowhere to go....I am going to try my psychology skills on DH and work on some help with housecleaning.

Have a great day everyone!

PS, yes, BellaLucia, I didn't get here yesterday. At 805 I was starting to type and my mom called. She was headed up the road to a meeting in 20 minutes. Oh, how I wished I could just let her go but the roads were icy and I knew she'd have difficulty with snow and parking so I jumped up and went. Home for a nap then back to Denver to p/u DD's dog for a 7 day stay.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Survived the windy gusty day yesterday, just a bit of ice today not too bad. I am taking my supervisors out to lunch today and may try to leave early and then I am off til next Thursday!!!

Cottage hope you get your errands done

Ruth my nephews who are coming on Sunday the oldest is 13 and he is probably already 6'4 (his dad is over 6'7 though) hehe

Tywnn good luck with the wrapping

Debbie that was nice of you to take your mother yesterday.

Alright back to work for me

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and a noisy one at that. We were lucky to escape snow, but have a deluge of rain, wind and hail to contend with. During the night my BBQ grill went airborne and launched itself off the patio landing on the driveway four feet below. Very, very, very lucky as the propane tank was on and still attached. Of course the bugger landed face down cutting off my access to the tank. Luckily I could get my hand through a small opening to turn off the tank. Righting it proved a little more challenging since I was in my robe sans coffee. The poor doggies had to take a back seat to the grill this morning. Not like they cared as they despise getting wet.

It is supposed to clear later. Hope the weather channel got it right as I am going to the city later. Meredith and I are going to see Bring it On. It's a cheer leading, Glee type musical. Geared for the 17 and under crowd so we should fit right in lol. We have reservations at Sangria 46 for dinner before. OK the food could be lousy I picked it because we both LOVE sangria. Still staying within my 4 pound range which is amazing because I have made Santa's naughty eating list for certain.

Hope all the kiddies enjoy their break from school. Be careful if you are out and about. Otherwise stay home, put on some holiday music and enjoy.

Linda, not a day has gone by where I did not think about all the angels we lost so soon.

Oh I have a tall one too 16 6'3-6'4 and still growing!! He hasn't stopped since birth he was 22.5 inches then and 10lbs 3 oz. He is a tall bean pole at 153

Last edited by jekel383; 12-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm off to see the doctor again for a follow-up on my auto-immune disease. Then I work this afternoon.

We were able to skype with our oldest son last night to open our stocking stuffers and gifts from/to him. There will be very little happening here on the real holiday this year.

My DH has once again frustrated me. In the past I always wanted chocolate from my favorite local store. This year I asked instead for "healthy" dark chocolate and we actually chose it together while shopping. So what does he do?! Gets me chocolate from that store (which is dark but I am sure not "dark enough AND a chocolate caramel covered apple. What?! I plan to put out it all out when we have company in a couple of weeks. Why can't he realize that when I ask for just one, more is NOT better!?

Have a great day, all.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Oh Karen, sometimes guys think they are doing the right thing by being generous. We have often rewarded ourselves with food for our successes (ok if I am alone in that maybe there is something wrong with me) He might be trying to show you how proud he is of all you continue to over come. Maybe you need to tell him (if you haven't already) that you appreciate it, but one is plenty. Give him ideas of other things you like too. Perhaps a SB cookbook or a gift certificate for a massage. He means well and that what matters most. Glad you and your son were able to Skype
Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Lol, Karen, like MJ said, "You are not alone"! I reward myself, with food, for sure. Debbie, enjoy your day, even with all that house-work. I woke up late today, but still stayed OP. Yesterday, I was tempted to break the lifestyle plan, but I stuck with it. My bad back and my dis-satisfaction, with how I look was key, for me! I am getting tired of cheese, though, lol. This is a girl who was born in Wisconsin, talking!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Beachy Chicks Yes, I'm on my second pot. What can I say, it's a thing. Just a tiny bit of work today then shopping, baking and now off to the winter farmer's market in search of greens and dinner. Tonight we are staying home and watching It's a Wonderful Life.

So glad it's Friday and my vacation has started
Closed Thread