South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday Dec. 19

Good Morning

Went to bed early last night and I have a day off (kind of). Appts. in Denver with mom today (snow included) so I'm just about ready to shut the computer down and attack a wallpaper project in my office before we leave around 830am. There is coffee involved!

What's happening on your hump-day? Stop and say hi and I'll be back later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Enjoy the snow.

My youngest flies home tonight. Hopefully he won't run into weather problems when he changes planes in Denver. We are expecting just a bit of snow here, but not until after he's due in. I've got nothing much planned today. Probably need to find an errand or two to run while the weather holds. Getting out of the house helps me not snack

Have a great day, all.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Nice to see the daily started. Thanks, Debbie.

Started my day with a "you gotta be kidding!". My periodontist office called to see if I could change my mid-January appointment to noon today! (They start at 6:30 and know I'm always up.) Of course I said no. They're outta their minds thinking I want to spend four hours driving and having my teeth cleaned.

Spent most of yesterday in Christmas prep - have my fridge and freezers ready for the onslaught of party cooking. I also took a trip to town and have now nearly finished my gift shopping. It feels good. I still need a gift for Claire but can buy it locally.

Today the Doggage and I go to the Christmas Lunch at the Clinic with the AZ clients. They really love to see the dogs in Christmas finery so I need to whip up some Christmassy scarves this morning after I get home from the gym. I've never been one to put bells or antlers on my darlings but they do need just a bit of a tiddle up.

Hope your Wednesday is peaceful and smooth. Raising my cup of Newman's in a toast to the season.

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lah!

Morning, Karen. Fingers crossed that snow doesn't mess with your son's arrival. Nice that he can be home for the holidays!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, tackling a wallpaper project first thing in the morning before the sun is even up is definitely NOT how I'd be wanting to start my day! Take care on those snowy roads and I hope you get to enjoy at least part of your day off.

I get to enjoy a leisurely morning with Susie, then I have to pick up Audrey from school and take her to orthodontist appointment, take her back to school if there's still time, run back to the farm and get Maggie's riding gear, pick her and a friend up from school, get them a snack, and meet up with Cindy and Audrey at the riding stables. Then I have to swing by Best Buy on my way home to pick up Jake's Christmas present, and somehow sneak it into the house.
Tonight I have to wrap presents to take to the farm with me tomorrow, since I won't see C & R and my girlies until next Wednesday.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to Ruth and Karen! Have a good day, Ladies!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I can't believe it's almost Christmas. It's just flying below my radar this year.

Today I'm on the road again then tomorrow I might do half a day before spending tomorrow afternoon and Friday just catching up on notes and data before our time off. Everyone is ready for a break so the whole team is really winding down already. It's going to be a crazy busy legislative session so 10 days away from it all will be good for all of us.

Finally confirmed plans to spend Christmas with my Mom and Dad. It will just be the four of us, so relaxing and low key. Mom is making her killer lasagna with sauce and meatballs for those who eat them (everyone but me!). I'm looking for a couple of lighter veggie dishes to fill my plate so I'm happy with a small piece of lasagna. I have three days to do any prep so would love something I can make ahead then reheat. I'm tempted by Kalyn's Christmas Cauliflower and Roasted Mushrooms but don't know how well they will hold up. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Guess I should plan out my day. Hope your hump day is just a gentle slope toward the weekend
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, you guys are chatty already this morning. I don't blame you Ruth for not having an impromptu 4 hour drive/appt! Linda, I have about 10 packages in the back of my van...but something from Best Buy might not be able to stay outside? Debbie, thanks for starting us off. Wallpaper project? Can I have just an ounce of your ambition!??! Karen, hope your son makes it home in reasonable time, what an awesome time of year for you!

Today is a long dental day (I am the master extractor!!!), and then we close on our refinance today. We're dropping our mortgage payment by $300/mo!! WOO HOO!! I'm making supper for a neighbor that just had her fifth (!!) baby....pulled pork (already half cooked), cole slaw, green beans, and tater tot casserole. With pumpkin bread for dessert, since DD requested that for her birthday snack today. I do need to sneak all those presents in sometime and start wrapping so I don't leave until until 11 pm on the 24th!!

Speaking of chatty, I need to get moving!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ok, taking a breather....it's just a "wallpaper border" which runs through the center of the walls in my office so no ladder is involved. I got Kirk to help me with the longest run and so I just have one more stretch to go. I'll see if I can post pictures later.

Karen, I haven't started checking weather yet but mom's appt. is right near the airport so you and I can both keep our fingers crossed I did hear that this was supposed to blow through and get lots nicer after noon.

Linda, zip zip zip I see you going here there and everywhere! I hope you can sneak Jake's present in.

Cyndi, I'm glad you got Christmas firmed up. I'll look at those recipes later...first thought was cauli isn't usually so great reheated...

Ruth, "you gotta be kidding" is right. Glad you told them no. Have fun with the pups on your excursion today.

Twynn(master extractor), great news on your mortgage! Congrats!

Ok, back to the projects!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Geeze you sleep in a little and are amazed by how busy everyone is. I woke up, walked the dogs, make coffee and a smoothie. Man do I feel like a load compared to you girls

I wish everyone safe travels, a stress free day a little holiday kindness too

Going upstate later to Joe's. We are baking cookies together. I had no intentions of baking anything this year. The little girl in me can't resist. I am bringing two recipes. Joe may let me peek at his grandfather's pinoli cookie recipe, but I doubt it. I did see Katyln's low sugar gluten free cookies on FB yesterday. I may try a batch if time permits.

Better get in the bike because a little prevention just might help me today. Just trying to keep my weight in check through the holidays.

Enjoy
Old 12-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, the cooking lunch yesterday was great, mostly everything was op so that worked as well and it was delish!!!

Sounds like everyone is in the super busy mode right now, just remember to enjoy the season!!!

Bella congratulations on your weight loss so far, keep up the good work.

Okay back to work for me, have a great day everyone!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks Pearlrose! Good Morning. Today is Day 9 of P1! I see most of us, are busy (prepping for the holidays)! It means alot, to me, to have your support. I wish you all. , godspeed!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Bella, what type of career are you interested in?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'd like to be in the teaching field as a teacher's aide. Thanks for asking!
Closed Thread