South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Weekend Chatter for 11/10 & 11/11

Good morning, ladies. Getting us started bright and early today!!! My girlfriend and I had to postpone our date last night, so we're going tonight instead. Walking along the Riverwalk first, then dinner, then a movie, and finally drinks. She just needs to get away for a while and be w/ friends.

Now to respond to yesterday's posts.

Ruth - Gah, I was annoyingly giddy after my early morning phone call. Seriously, I hate talking on the phone and we spent 2 hours on the phone, LOL We had a GREAT conversation, I really enjoyed it. Hope your shots (cortisone, I'm assuming?) helped your knee!!!

Quilter - Some times the scale doesn't show us as much as our clothes do. If your pants and jeans are getting too baggy, you've definitely made progress. Keep up the good work!!!

cottage - Funny you mention it, b/c everytime I have a cup of coffee out at a restaurant I end up thinking "meh, what I make at home is WAY better." I've become spoiled. Thanks for your well wishes. So far, so good...but I'm very slow to trust and it concerns me that I will end up frustrating him and he will give up. I guess time will tell. Did you get your Verizon bill straightened out??? I've had a few problems w/ my bill here and there, but they're usually good about working w/ you and fixing stuff. The new share everything plan or whatever it's called is a PITA, though, especially when you have 4 lines due for renewal at totally different times. Grr!!!

WaistingTime - Did I miss it somewhere??? What are you having biopsied??? Good luck!!!

Twynn - His kids are 8, 5, and 22 months. The 2 boys (the older ones) live w/ him full time and he is not on good terms w/ their mom. The girl lives w/ her mom and they are on good terms. I actually talked to the 5 year old on the phone the other day for a few minutes, but he was too shy and didn't say much.

jekel - Sounds like you've got a busy weekend planned!!! Sounds like fun, though. Enjoy it!!!

Cyndi - LOL No kidding, right??? I'm good for now b/c he's in Massachusetts and I'm in Georgia...but when I get moved up there, I'm going to be in trouble. Ermm...did I mention he's a chef??? LOL

Alright, ladies, what's in store for the weekend??? I'm hoping to be celebrating my Bulldogs clencing the SEC East title again!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning/evening Natasha!

My weekend will be spent going back to Phase 1, re-doing my ticker and goal for the cruise in 3 weeks and then leaving in the am (a few hours!?!?) for a hike. I am in a photography contest (just bragging rights) and need to get a few good shots in. I am finally wearing sneakers again and though it hurts, it helps to have a closed toe so this hike is going to be interesting.

So cooking lots and food prep - stopping at our favorite grocery store halfway between the mountains and our home so I am up preparing a list. Still no news on the job front but I am tired of wallowing (and gaining back all I lost)!

Will check in post-hike. Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! Have fun tonight w/your GF!

Jenne, where are you cruising to?

Me, up early for coffee then off to work. Speaking of coffee it must be ready...I'm heading downstairs.

Have a great start to your weekend everyone!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I still can't manage to adjust to this time change and sleep to a reasonable hour! I'm no longer scheduled to work today and feel an odd urge to clean house instead. I guess I'll also now be helping DH babysit our two young nephews this evening. Today is supposed to be the last nice weather day for a while so I'm hoping my neighbor will take a long walk with me, otherwise I'll be back on the treadmill since I'm never motivated to walk outside alone.

Natasha - My mouth. I've had stuff going on in there and my throat for a while now. Current thinking is that I have an autoimmune disease.

Jenne - Hey, you! Have a great (and hopefully pain-free) hike.

Debbie - Are you ahead of the cold front? I wonder if the weather we are expecting is bringing you snow.

Off for some tea. Have a great weekend.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,

Natasha, have a fun evening out with your girlfriend!

[B]Jenne[B], I'm glad you are getting around much better but be careful on your hike. It looks like a beautiful day for a nice walk in the mountains and you should get some great pictures!

Debbie, I hope you have a good day at work. Has the skiing season started out there yet?

I replenished my coffee stock yesterday, so I'm good. This morning I'm having Eight O' Clock Italian Dark Roast. I tried it at my DD's and really enjoyed it.

I think we finally got our problems with Verizon all straightened out. We've been loyal customers of theirs for years, but when we switched to an upgraded Bundle pkg. last month, everything went haywire and we were without TV for almost 4 days before they were able to fix it, and then when we got our statement, the charges were through the roof! They were very apologetic yesterday and even gave us some further discounts, especially when we said to close our account and we were changing to Comcast, LOL! So now we'll wait and see if next month's statement is OK.

Today's supposed to be sunny and mild, so we're going to be cleaning up the back yard and putting leaves through the shredder all day, and this evening Jake is taking me out for a belated birthday dinner. At The Cheescake Factory. At least I'll be burning off lots of calories before hand, but I will try to resist the cheesecake for dessert!

ETA- good morning, Karen! If you're still feeling the urge to clean after you're finished your house, you're welcome to come and clean mine.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-10-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhhh! Some of us are trying to sleep in! I actually slept until 6:45 this morning although I intended to get up at 6. Claire and Doug are coming this morning at 8 to help me clean out the barn and fill the dumpster. I am going to try hard to be Ruthless but I know we will unearth some treasures out there. T see a yard sale or a trip to the antique dealer in my future - not this year but maybe Spring.

Have to dig through my freezer to find a frozen lasagna for lunch so can't linger. I do have salad stuff on hand so think I'm set - IF I find that lasagna!

Will check in later to see what's a-happening. (Music from SuperStar now is my earworm!)
Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Y'all are crazy ladies!!

Natasha, the new guy sounds great! So nice to hear you so happy. A CHEF?!?!? Hopefully where presentation is everything, and you get tiny little meals, right?!?!

Cottage, glad to hear you got your bill cleared up, that is so frustrating.

Good morning to everyone else!

I'm meeting a friend for breakfast, then to work for 1/2 day. It's going to be a beautiful weekend, so I hope to get out of here a bit! My highlight so far is that I finally watched the last Harry Potter movie last night...WOO HOO!!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Karen, I think we will get some snow with this cold front. It's changing outside very quickly right now. I hope your neighbor will walk with you today.

Twynn, enjoy breakfast and a short day at work.

Ruth, happy decluttering!

Linda, happy belated birthday dinner. Many ski areas are open but only have a few runs open which are where they have been making snow. Yesterday temps were high (55 at Vail and almost 50 at Loveland, which is 11,000 ft).

Ok, I have a few minutes now to get caught up around the house. See ya'll later.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Yawn oh it felt amazing to sleep past 3:45!! Slept until 7:15. Truly enjoying breakfast in my PJ's with my doggies nuzzling me. Sunday I am returning to P1. Let's just say I really need to. Going for an indoor ride after making to do lists. Enjoyed reading everyone's posts this morning. Have a wonderful day
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Debbie! The cruise is with my MIL (while I love her to death, sometimes they make me feel like the third wheel - MIL is DW's BFF!) and we go to Miami, stay overnight, then hit Jamaica (I am a bit nervous as it's one of the least tolerant Caribbean countries for same-sex couples), Grand Turk and the Bahamas. I will be staying on SB for it and we'll get plenty of exercise:
Chukka Zipline & Tubing Combo, Dune Buggy Adventure (swimming), Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure and Atlantis Dolphin Cay Deep Water Swim & Aquaventure. I am very excited!

Karen and Cottage - I will be careful. Leaving now!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks, are y'all sleeping in? I should make it illegal for DH to pee before I wake up...he got up at 6 am to potty, and guess who couldn't fall back asleep!??! Alas, I figured I'd get up and start my day. Coffee is a brewin', and I have my newspaper ready to read after I am done here!

Nothing exciting for me today. Except maybe a nap .
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tammy, coffee and the newspaper sounds good. I should do that except we don't get newspaper delivery here. I'll pet some dogs instead.

Not sure what today's weather will bring for our Remembrance Day service at 11. The forecast says rain with sunny periods so who knows.

I am off to service at our sister church this morning and then will lay the wreath for the Mill at the ceremony. There are to be refreshments at the Legion afterwards but I'll just make an appearance and then come home for a proper lunch. This afternoon is all mine.

Now that my barn is so neat and tidy, I may go out and organize all my garden equipment in one spot. I also have a trunk full of 1990 clothes that need to be sorted and maybe pitched. We sure wore a lot of polyester back then! My 1983 wedding gown is in there as is the 1976 long dress that I wore when I met Harry at a formal wedding. Those have to be keepers but the rest ...

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday before you have to tackle the rest of the week.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. The boys are off to the range and I am enjoying my coffee and eggs. We had an amazing authentic Italian dinner at Mezzanote's in Albany. It was the first time the four of us went out to dinner. Would have been perfect if my son were there too. The staff was so pleasant, knowledgeable about the dishes and just absolutely lovely to talk to. Afterwards, Rachel gave us a mini tour of the college and her dorm. Brought back a lot of great memories of my time in college. Thanks to Tylenol PM I slept pretty well except for a few bouts of leg cramps. I am going to enjoy my me time this morning by tackling some chores for Joe. He didn't ask, except for a seeing repair, but I like taking care of niggles (that is the word right?) for him.

Enjoy your day
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Coffee and the Sunday papers are how the morning started at my house. Dustin also brought home a dozen Dunkin Donuts, but I'm happy to report to you that I resisted. Meh, donuts, I could take them or leave them.

We're going to tackle the two ginormous piles of leaves that Jake raked up yesterday, and run them through the chipper/shredder, and then spread the mulch over the garden beds. We'll have to do this all over again in a week or so, since several of the trees haven't lost their leaves yet, and one of the trees is still green. Later this afternoon, we're going to Olive Garden so Jake can enjoy his free Veteran's Day meal, and I'm happy that I don't have to cook a big Sunday dinner!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Serious sleeping in around here. Who knew vacation could be so tiring?! Next on the list - plan meals for Phase 1 starting tomorrow and get to the grocery store. I'm going to Phase 1 right to Thanksgiving then slide into Phase 2, maybe with a tiny piece of Mom's pumpkin pie. Already getting back on the exercise wagon, I know that will help.

The sun is shining, it's warmish, and I'm ready for a walk. Wonder where I can avoid looking like a deer to some crazed hunter?
Closed Thread