3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hump Day Chat on The Beach - Oct. 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/268643-hump-day-chat-beach-oct-24-a.html)

Ruthxxx 10-24-2012 06:18 AM

Hump Day Chat on The Beach - Oct. 24

Good morning. The coffee is ready and it's nippy out there but the back room is cozy with the fire and the dogs want to snuggle. I hope it's as comfy by you.

Day from H. yesterday with doing an audit from 8 until 1 and then home to work on the taxes until after six. I sure slept well last night. In fact I fell asleep watching TV and didn't wake until the 11 PM news came on. I wonder if napping counts as real sleep. I did manage to get the hand sewing on a quilt done though.

Donna and I are off to the gym for 7:30 and then, after coffee out, I'll chain myself to the desk until noon when it'll be time to take the dogs to do pet therapy. Probably will finish the tax form this afternoon and get it into the mail first thing tomorrow. Remind me to get right at the darn thing next year at the end of our fiscal. It's more fun doing this kind of crud in January than on a beautiful gold October day. I am the world's champion procrastinator.

My neighbour just left for work so I need to crank it up. I hope everyone has a gentle slope of a Hump Day. :cofdate:

TwynnB 10-24-2012 06:40 AM

Wow Ruth, you sound like you do wayyyy to much tax stuff. I also procrastinate on our personal taxes, but that's pretty minor. Hope you get a bit of relaxing time for yourself!

I am lucky enough (sarcasm) to go into work today, but it's b/c I have a personal appointment in the middle of my surgery day...so hopefully I will still get out on time later on. The kids still don't have pumpkins and are begging, so I hope to pick them up and hunt for some pumpkins. I haven't figured out if I'm making supper or just leftovers. It was interesting watching DH pack his lunch...he's just not reaching for veggies. We'll see how his bloodwork looks on meat, cheese, and nuts alone!

cottagebythesea 10-24-2012 06:53 AM

Good morning Ruth, Tammy, and everyone.

Just a quickie from me as I'm heading off to school this morning to be a 6th grader for the day. ;)

BBL!

WaistingTime 10-24-2012 08:28 AM

Good morning.

I'm going to fight DH for the treadmill this morning (now that my walking in LA shows it is time to get back to walking for exercise at home), then some errands, then work.

Have a great one.

jekel383 10-24-2012 08:42 AM

Good morning, Ruth those taxes never end do they! Naps are a good thing in my opinion. Tammy I have yet to get pumpkins either. Normally I make the outside look fall festive, but this year I did nothing. I am working for John on Halloween so no trick or treaters for me. That will definitely help me stay OP. Cottage have fun being a 6th grader. Don't get caught chewing gum in class!! Karen good luck with the tread mill.

Last day off before work tomorrow. They will be late ones as I have a wake on my way home. My dear friend, Ed's, father died. He had been sick for a while, but still sad for them to lose him. Otherwise, all the housework is done. Going on my indoor trainer for hopefully a few hours of riding (my butt is sore lol). Then a lite grocery shopping and that's it. Mexican chicken casserole (sans corn) will be tonight's dinner yum! I found a recipe on the boards for shrimp gumbo, which sounds yummy. I'll let that cook overnight in the cock. I just love soups this time of year!

Happy Wednesday

CyndiM 10-24-2012 08:55 AM

Good morning :coffee2: My last super long day for awhile (I hope). I'm enjoying a slow start since I won't be home until after 10 tonight. In two weeks I will be heading to the coast for three days of r&r, can't wait!

Hope your hump day is a breeze

Lexxiss 10-24-2012 08:57 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Jennifer, sorry to hear of your dear friend's father passing.

DH and I spent some time online finding CDs he wanted now it's time to get ready for the pool. It's wonderfully warm here and I'm thinking about a bike ride, too. My goal while we are here is to make as many kale chips as I can.

Have a great day everyone!

Ruthxxx 10-24-2012 05:20 PM

Well, the dratted Tax Form is now on it's way via registered mail so I can stop crabbing about it. Took it to the Post Office at 3 and it's outta here and on its way to Ottawa. Life is good - until the next crisis.

jekel383 10-24-2012 05:50 PM

Ruth I am beginning to think working full time is easier than retirement lol

Natasha1534 10-24-2012 07:52 PM

Good evening, ladies...just popping in to say hello again. It was back to the grind today after being off for a whole week. I can't complain, though, b/c I'm working 2 days and then I have 3 more off, LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!!!