3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday, Oct. 8, SBD Daily Chit Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/267680-monday-oct-8-sbd-daily-chit-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 10-08-2012 06:35 AM

Monday, Oct. 8, SBD Daily Chit Chat

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY and HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!

Alas, it's a work day for me, and the girls have school today, so it will be a normal Monday routine here. The weather has finally turned cooler, so I'll be busy getting out the warmer clothes and packing away the shorts and sleeveless tops until spring.

I'm warming myself up on this chilly morning with a dollop of apple butter in my overnight oats, and I have some soup chock full of veggies to warm my tummy for lunch, so I'm set for the day.

Have a marvelous Monday!

jekel383 10-08-2012 06:45 AM

Good morning. I am finally off today and still was up at 6 lol. It's a brisk morning here too. Warming my tummy with two sunny side up eggs and two turkey sausage links. In a little while I will pack up and get ready for my ride. Driving north to Columbia County. From there into Connecticut, Massachusetts and return to NY. Sounds impressive right? There is a section of NY where the three states meet. I have never done this route, so a cheat sheet will be kept in my bike bag just in case my cell does not have service. This will e my long ride for the week (54 miles). Hope to take some pics along the way.

Time to enjoy what's left of my coffee and get a moving. Enjoy the day

TwynnB 10-08-2012 06:59 AM

Good morning chicks, and it is a bit crisp out this morning. Cottage - hmmm....oats sounds good, but I think I'd like mine warm this am - the heat is on now! Jekel - wow, have a great ride today, should be beautiful!!

I had a great training, I now consider myself the master extractor!! :D My boss will be happy and sad all at the same time, because now I need her to buy stuff for me :).

2012 has been quite a nasty year, starting out with losing my dad, and then diagnosing and losing my pup to cancer. Now, it's time to start taking care of myself again. I really need to be on the bandwagon better for eating, and get my workouts going again. The last few weeks free time was spent with the pup, since I knew I was losing her soon. I still expect her to greet me in the potty in the morning, or giving me the hopeful eye for a little scrap. :(

Today is surgery, I honestly hope not too many dentals since I pulled a ton of teeth over the weekend. I hope to plan out the week's menu afterwards. Maybe a walk with my friend!! (the one who brought me a bottle of wine the night I put the pup down....perfect timing!!)

Ruthxxx 10-08-2012 07:02 AM

Good morning. Yup, it's the turn of the year all right with temps to freezing last night. I am so glad to have the propane stove in the back room on a thermostat as it's nice and cozy when I get up. (And no wood or ashes to haul!)

Cottage, could you pass me a bowl of that soup? I made some overnight in the crockpot but it just doesn't taste great. I may adjust the seasonings or just pitch it later. I think using the soaking liquid from the dried mushrooms was a mistake.

Jekel, yes it does sound impressive. Enjoy your ride and I do hope to see some pictures. Your breakfast sounds yummy.

Tammy, I am sure you are now an expert. Any chance you could drive up here and do Disney's dental stuff tomorrow?. It's only a seven hour drive. I'll give you wine and abed for the night.

Had a nice family Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday with the "outlaws". The food was no heck but the guys, for once, did not look at sports the whole time. I drove home in the dark and rain which was not great but my dogs were glad to see me after being on their own for six hours.

Today I am chaining myself to my desk and computer until I make major progress on two jobs that have really been stressing me. Sometimes I spend more time worrying about things than it takes to just do them! Hmm - based on that statement, it should take me a month.

See y'all later.

CyndiM 10-08-2012 07:08 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Taking a slow, leisurely approach to starting today. Most of my team has the day off (I traded for Friday) so shouldn't be much email traffic to worry about. My first event is tomorrow but it's in the closest part of my turf, so not too crazy. next week things ramp up again but I'm not worrying about that. Just taking one week at a time and planning my Cape Ann getaway after the election :)

TwynnB 10-08-2012 08:14 AM

Ruth - it's a deal!!

WaistingTime 10-08-2012 09:29 AM

Good morning, all.

I've been reading daily, just haven't had anything new to share. The past 3 days I've worked and gone to my mom's house before and after to help her with her rehab exercise. I'm off work for the next few days and will spend a lot of time back at my mom's, since she can't be alone yet, so her husband can go into work at least half days. But this morning I'm getting to the gym first! My eating has been OP and I'm going to pack plenty of food to take with me for snacks at my mom's since she has lots of things that might be tempting. I will NOT eat any! I will NOT eat them. I will NOT eat them.

Have a great day and week. Catch ya later.

Ruthxxx 10-08-2012 09:55 AM

Tammy, better head out now so you get here in time for dinner. You can explain to Disney why she gets no breakfast tomorrow morning. (Wishful thinking! but you never know.)

sluggo44 10-08-2012 10:49 AM

Does this menu for the day look right to ya'll? Breakfast: 10oz plain yogurt, 1 morningstar spicy sausage patty Snack: Black Bean Hummus (2oz) celery sticks Lunch: 1 bag mixed sugar snap stir fry mix (great value brand) 6 oz baked chicken breast Snack: 10 oz yogurt Dinner: 1 bag mixed veggies 8 oz chicken breast or 96% lean ground beef

Natasha1534 10-08-2012 11:50 AM

Good morning, ladies. I don't know why I'm up so early, except that I was awakened by my text messaging alert and then a phone call from the oral surgeon calling to confirm my appointment tomorrow morning. I was hungry, so I had a bowl of fiber one, but I'm really tempted to crawl back into bed w/ my puppy. We'll see what happens.

I think tonight I'm going to go to the fair w/ my mom. Mostly just to walk around and see all the sights (I love the lights at night).

Hope you ladies have a great day!!!

weezle 10-08-2012 12:17 PM

Morning all. I'm in a Food Day disaster. Just popping in real quick. Hope everyone's having a great day!

Lisa

Natasha1534 10-08-2012 05:26 PM

Oh ladies...now I'm depressed. I have been coveting my yearly treat of a gyro at the National Fair every year. I'm only working the fair 2 nights this year, tomorrow and Saturday. I had planned on indulging tomorrow night and getting my gyro while I'm there...dummy here totally forgot that she's going to have stitches in her lip. Grr!!! :(

Ruthxxx 10-08-2012 05:58 PM

Well, they could give you stitches to numb the pain but it'd be pretty messy eating and probably not all that tasty. There will be another gyro in your future, I'm sure! (They are pretty yummy. I had my first gyro at Rehoboth Beach this summer. Or was that a grinder?)

cottagebythesea 10-08-2012 09:50 PM

It was neither one, Ruth. What you had was a hoagie. ;)

Natasha1534 10-08-2012 11:54 PM

Ooh, if you've never had a gyro before you REALLY need to have one. The traditional gyros w/ lamb are the best. Nomz!!!