Thursday 10/4 too early beach chat

• Good morning. Coffee is brewing and I wonder how did I get ready to quickly this morning? Well I thought I would start us off so when I get to work I can read about your upcoming day.

Trying to refocus my eating today as poor choices have shown up on the scale. Staying positive because I do know I have been working out much more. Just need to find my balance.

OK time to walk the doggies and get the recyclables to the curb.

Wake up time ladies
  • Good morning, Jennifer. I guess you're at work by now, and keep that positive attitude to help you find your balance and get back on track. You CAN do it! Have a good day at work, and I hope your day flies by smoothly.

Ho hum, another rainy day. This is getting to be tedious. But at least it's my FRIDAY! And my day is looking pretty easy. I have some more baking to finish up and have to run out to the apartment building that they own for an errand, but I see nothing else that needs doing.
    My food has been right on track all week, and I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Oh oh! Time for a refill!
  • Good morning, Jekel - I agree, that's way too early, but it does help stay on track to visit here daily. Hope you survive your long days at work.

Weezle - are you feeling better today?

Thanks chicks for all your thoughts and prayers this week. Amazing how a little four legged animal can leave such a hole when they leave. A couple of neighbors wrote cards that about made me bawl, it was very sweet of them. She was a special girl.

Today I have a slightly shortened day (til 5:30 or 6), then I need to drive to Baltimore for a dental training weekend. 8-5 for 3 days! WOO, I'm going to be tired! In a way it will be nice to be in a quiet hotel room (or just alone) to recover from my last couple weeks. You might have thoughts and prayers for my hubbie though, who will have the kids....

I have lots to get down for today - need to get chili in the crock pot (so hopefully they'll eat something healthy this weekend!) and finish packing. Have a great day!
  • Cottage - glad someone's eating is on track...but I'll let it slide for me this week. Have a great day!
  • Have a safe drive to Baltimore this evening, Tammy, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for us to get together. I will be thinking of your DH and hope he has a plan to keep the kiddos occupied and happy while you're away. That was so sweet and thoughtful of your neighbors to send you cards for dear Reesie. She made a lot of friends and touched many lives. Have a good day!
  • Good morning I survived my 2 13-hour days now just 2 regular 10-hour days then the weekend. Sunday is my last video store shift. Told my friends I'm happy to fill-in anytime they need a day away but I need a regular weekend day.

The leaves are just about perfect here so I'm enjoying the driving. I just wish the daylight lasted a little longer.
  • A bit of a late check-in this morning. I actually slept until 6:15 this morning and had to scurry around to get the trash out for the lad before I could get my coffee. Jekel and I were on the same wave-length only I'm behind.

Linda, I love it when you say "Today's my Friday." I wish it were mine.

Tammy, sending warm thoughts to you as you mourn. It takes a long time, I'm afraid. I think I ached more over the loss of my dogs than of some of my relatives.

Cyndy, you are working too hard but when you examine the alternatives ...

Got some quilting prep done yesterday after gym and then went down for the mail. Barb was there and admitted to feeling a bit down. (She has a lot of physical problems but never complains.) I convinced her to come to town with me as I HAD to go to the bank. (A lie!) We had a fun chicken and salad lunch at Swiss Chalet, drove home the long way to see the leaves and everyone felt a lot better. Of course that meant I got very little accounting done but it was so much more enjoyable. "Seize the day."

Today will be a nose to the grindstone day as I try to catch up. The auditor is bugging me to get him more papers for the audit and Revenue Canada keeps reminding me the tax return is due October 30. First on the agenda should be calling Rob to get my printer working again as I sure need it for all this crud. If that fails, I'll print everything at the Mill which is a drag.

Really hoping to get some time to spend outdoors poking away at garden clean-up. Those eggplant are still out there and I still have a Swiss chard forest plus lots of banana peppers. (I thought they were hot but they sure are not! Made a note for next year.)

Lifting my Newman's coffee to salute us on this October morning. Rainy here but inside my head.
  • Good morning again. Cyndi Glad you now have a little time for yourself on the weekends. Down time is so incredibly important when you keep a full schedule. Tammy, I hope you can find comfort and rest thus weekend in Baltimore. Hope the hubby survives too Linda, I absolutely love your pic, it makes me smile. There is something about this time of year that makes me feel at peace. Ruth good luck catching up.

Today I will make my famous to do lists. It helps keep me occupied so less time to graze at night. Since I have company coming soon it is good to start the big cleaning. Silly stuff, cleaning out junk drawers, purging questionable food, organizing under the sinks and medicine cabinets. Very exciting stuff. Lately I have been very restless and anxious. I go through bouts with myself. Hope this one passes quickly.
  • Good morning,

I am dragging this morning I need to get ready for 8 a.m. call. Soccer tonight and then I am dying my grays lol so I look good for Award luncheon tomorrow.

Sorry no time for personal Have a great day everyone
  • Tammy - I am feeling much better today. Slept straight through the night... the cramping subsided yesterday around lunch time, but I still felt like I'd been beaten up. Had mild cramping this morning but it went away rather quickly. I think I successfully fought this one off, although Chris had to stop back home after dropping Anna off at school to make another pit-stop before he went in to work this morning. I hope your heart is healing. Sending good puppy love energy your way.

Yesterday was a super stressful day for me at work, and I wanted more than anything to binge on wine, Skittles, and Doritos (all tempting me from the pantry. Liiiiiiiissssaaaaa...... LIIIIISSSSAAAAAA.....) I successfully avoided them all and when my stomach said I was still hungry at 9:00 last night, heated up some frozen shelled edamame with some ICBINB spray, a garlic & gerb laughing cow cheese wedge, and a couple of tablespoons of skim milk. It was satisfying. Probably over my bean count lately but I figure it's ok since I can't eat meat.

Gotta get back, but just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still OP! Day 4 and I'm kind of pooped but hoping the cravings pass today. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
  • Good morning, all. Day 10 of an ALMOST real Phase 1 (one or two off plan moments), down 4.5 pounds, and it is the first day I just want EVERYTHING I can't have - starting with popcorn. Tried cashews, but no use there. Even had 2 cheese sticks for snack, but I still want everything I shouldn't have. I know it is emotional cravings, so I am ignoring them, but still . . .

Off to the orthodontist for DD2 today, then for DD1 tomorrow - and kind of wishing I was just having them come home early for the fun of it instead of to have their teeth moved. How much fun would it be to just take them to the zoo for the day???

Hoping everyone gets done what has to get done - you all are so busy these days!

Be well -
  • Hello friends!

It's not quite morning anymore...

Lisa, glad you are feeling better! It didn't sound fun!

We had a nice morning at the pool, then grocery shopped for all our organic produce. DH is running an errand so I'm working around the house before lunch. The weather has been beautiful here...still leaves on the trees. It's supposed to be colder this weekend.